PDA

View Full Version : whitetail hunting

chevy
10-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Just wondering how many of you guys travel out of province to hunt whitetails in saskatchewan,,, i am trying to figure out a spot to go i have my eye on a few places but not too sure yet any ideas? thanks

WoodOx
10-22-2007, 08:02 PM
if you really want to go to get big bucks, I would suggest concentrating on northern sask - the forest fringe zone. I hunt sask down south almost annually and although there are huge amounts of deer many of which are good size, northern bucks truely are larger.

chevy
10-22-2007, 08:12 PM
yeah we are planning on going to the saskatoon area i hear it is a good place to go

WoodOx
10-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Cant really comment as I dont know, but would guess that since its a major city centre and since us non sask residents get the ass end of the season (residents seasons has been open for weeks and rut is coming to a close) I would assume that saskatoon vicinity get hit super hard?

harder rd
10-22-2007, 09:52 PM
pm dukester he has given me lots of info .I think he my live there.

wjh131
10-23-2007, 07:57 AM
You might want to check the reg's there. Non-residents can only hunt in certain zones at certain times. I used to live there and my dad guided out-of province hunters. We had to set them up in certain zones. That's the way it used to be anyways.

dukester
10-23-2007, 09:25 AM
yeah we are planning on going to the saskatoon area i hear it is a good place to go

All large bucks over 165pts died off last winter..:lol: forest fringe is best bet. pray for snow and cold temps.. hunt all day also. theres alot of action between the hours of 11.am and 2 pm. why i have no idea. if you stay the night in saskatoon stay in the Saskatoon Inn. you will probably see Jim Shockey and his crew..

dukester
10-23-2007, 09:27 AM
pm dukester he has given me lots of info .I think he my live there.
oh ya baby i sure do!!!!! just heading out to put 100lbs of oats/peas for that 175 6x6 i have been missing. rubs are happening and some scrapes.