Please get out and vote.

Thank you.

warnniklz
10-23-2020, 02:57 PM
Who do I vote for if:

Party 1 - I dont like the party but like the candidate
Party 2 - I like the party but don't like the candidate
Party 3 - My family has always voted for them
Party 4 - is probably best for the province overall but detrimental to me individually

BgBlkDg
10-23-2020, 03:18 PM
I cannot see anyone to vote for and do not want to waste time going as we are putting the house up for sale and I have mucho to do.

emerson
10-23-2020, 03:23 PM
I voted, and I complain. Difficult to take anyone who doesn’t vote very seriously when any govt issue comes up.

weatherby_man
10-23-2020, 04:10 PM
Ya me too, held my nose and did the deed.....

srthomas75
10-23-2020, 04:26 PM
Who do I vote for if:

Party 1 - I dont like the party but like the candidate
Party 2 - I like the party but don't like the candidate
Party 3 - My family has always voted for them
Party 4 - is probably best for the province overall but detrimental to me individually

I've always voted for the candidate because if they are a strong enough individual then they will do or say what is required of them. [ hopefully ] They can change parties. Twice I've voted for the same person when they've been with different political parties [ federally ] 4 different elections if that makes sense

northof49
10-23-2020, 04:27 PM
Was first in line for the early voting....proudly flying the camo colours....pretty easy to know which box got my ‘X’.

Based on my riding might as well of gone outside and pissed into the wind.....but still felt good to vote. Get out there and have your say!! You never know...yours could be the one that makes all the difference.

HikerHunter
10-23-2020, 04:28 PM
i cant pick between crappy candidates that are all trash. some say pick the lesser of two evils. i think that's just as stupid. I wont vote until there a decent human being going for a position of power. Sadly though, the two cant co-exist. Just like the cops.

Bernie O
10-23-2020, 05:38 PM
There is no excuse for not voting no matter who you vote for. Smart people will vote libs because it is our only option at this time. Hopefully some day we will have honest politicians. Untill then like any bad hand of cards do the best you can but do not give up.

REMINGTON JIM
10-23-2020, 06:15 PM
Just a friendly reminder.

Tomorrow is election day in BC.
Please get out and vote.

Thank you.

BUT only if you vote LIBERAL :grin: don't Bother if your a ndp'er or a greener ! :evil: RJ

twoSevenO
10-23-2020, 06:20 PM
And remember that the liberal party of BC has no affiliation with the federal liberal party

So dont rule out the liberals locally just because you hate Trudeau for banning your guns.

I kind of like the provincial liberals' promise of dissolving the icbc monopoly .... but I just dont know whether to trust it or not. Seems too good to be true :/

Edzzed
10-23-2020, 06:20 PM
mailed mine in last week.

Redthies
10-23-2020, 06:36 PM
And remember that the liberal party of BC has no affiliation with the federal liberal party. So dont rule out the liberals locally just because you hate Trudeau for banning your guns.

Hopefully most people know this, but it’s good to remind those that are half asleep;)

albravo2
10-23-2020, 06:41 PM
Guaranteed I will vote.

If you don’t vote, don’t whine.

RICKADY
10-23-2020, 07:13 PM
BUT only if you vote LIBERAL :grin: don't Bother if your a ndp'er or a greener ! :evil: RJ

X 2 RJ, no vote don't complain, you've had your chance, if more people voted we might get better Goverments,

Ride Red
10-23-2020, 07:17 PM

Guaranteed I will vote.

If you don’t vote, don’t whine.

^^^^^^^^^ Yes to both!!!!

Crom
10-23-2020, 07:52 PM
Here in CHWK Kent we don't have a liberal or conservative candidate. This election is a leftie wet dream, at least in this district. But I voted today.

Nailknot85
10-23-2020, 10:50 PM
And remember that the liberal party of BC has no affiliation with the federal liberal party

So dont rule out the liberals locally just because you hate Trudeau for banning your guns.

I kind of like the provincial liberals' promise of dissolving the icbc monopoly .... but I just dont know whether to trust it or not. Seems too good to be true :/

After the last provincial Liberals gutted ICBC's profits to balance their own books and created a lot of the mess ICBC is now in? Let's not let our memory be that short, it was only 3 years ago. Don't get me wrong I have no love for the NDP or Greens either but I can't help but point out this hypocrisy.

IronNoggin
10-24-2020, 10:37 AM
There is NO viable excuse for not voting.
I could give a rat's ass if you're selling your house, or don't like the options in your riding.
The ONLY way to influence how our future is going to look like over the next while is by exercising your right to your say.

VOTE or simply roll over and take what may be coming without so much as a whimper.

Nog - Mailed Vote in well ahead of crunch day

Weatherby Fan
10-24-2020, 11:07 AM
Voted Thurs at the advance polls !

dougan
10-24-2020, 11:47 AM

I kind of like the provincial liberals' promise of dissolving the icbc monopoly .... but I just dont know wether to trust it or not. Seems too good to be true :/ it is astonishing how many people do not realize this.

weatherby_man
10-24-2020, 11:51 AM
I think there needs to be some reckoning of the party names and platforms in this province.

Redthies
10-24-2020, 09:18 PM
Well, we’re phucked. As of 9:00 it’s 50 seats to the morons and 32 for the good guys.

Jereky
10-25-2020, 11:48 AM
Well, we’re phucked. As of 9:00 it’s 50 seats to the morons and 32 for the good guys.

Definitely not a great outcome. Wonder how many concessions will happen over the next 4 years to appease groups and how much governing by popular culture will effect wildlife in the province. Haven’t heard a peep about the Thaltan nation’s plan to hunt grizzlies on their land given the fact that, you know, it’s not nice to kill the majestic grizzly according to everyone in Vancouver. Seems like a do what you want type moment.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why, at the start of the confederacy, we had no hunting regulations yet were bound by them now? Can everyone not use that excuse? I mean it works for some, why not all?

Retiredguy
10-25-2020, 11:59 AM
An NDP majority government is bad news for everything that exists outside the LML and southern Vancouver Island. Horgan will sell us all down the river.

nwalter
10-25-2020, 12:54 PM
All points from past majorities should be brought to attention prior to elections like this. What bullshit crown Corp project will come up to line pockets like the fast cats did. Just to have it not viable and scrapped

wildcatter
10-25-2020, 01:04 PM
My feeling is now more COVID restriction will be coming.
Horgan didn't want to ruffle more feathers before the elections.
Will see, either way we are screwed.

HarryToolips
10-25-2020, 01:51 PM
I think there needs to be some reckoning of the party names and platforms in this province.
This..........

I feared that the majority of the city slickers and urban doooooches would vote us into an NDP majority and they did....so was it the NDP or the BC Liberals who were in power when they started putting all fishing revenue back into the resource? Because we need that to happen with hunting...

The Hermit
10-25-2020, 02:41 PM
I am feeling sick to my stomach today... another Green wave washed over my riding. Shakes head. Bad curse wordsBad curse wordsBad curse wordsBad curse wordsBad curse wordsBad curse wordsBad curse wordsBad curse wordsBad curse wordsBad curse wordsBad curse words. And the NDP only have Bonnie Henry to thank.

I think I'm going to have to devote time, money and effort into building the Conservative Party of BC. I am disillusioned with the inability of the BC Liberals to rally a far better result than this horse patuti. We need a viable, untarnished middle ground party in this province... then again it may be too friggin late with nothing worth fighting for with another four years of the NDP provincially and the Liberals federally.

Redthies
10-25-2020, 03:08 PM
I’ve been shopping for a new property to move my business and home to for the past few months. I started looking outside BC this morning. I have no love for Alberta, but how bad can it be compared to this crap?

As Hermit said, Horgan owes a huge thank you to Bonnie Henry. Public perception is that she did an amazing job with the “virus” BS. I’m sure that bought them a bunch of new support. It’s pathetic.

wildcatter
10-25-2020, 03:21 PM
I am feeling sick to my stomach today... another Green wave washed over my riding. Shakes head. Bad curse wordsBad curse wordsBad curse wordsBad curse wordsBad curse wordsBad curse wordsBad curse wordsBad curse wordsBad curse wordsBad curse wordsBad curse words. And the NDP only have Bonnie Henry to thank.

I think I'm going to have to devote time, money and effort into building the Conservative Party of BC. I am disillusioned with the inability of the BC Liberals to rally a far better result than this horse patuti. We need a viable, untarnished middle ground party in this province... then again it may be too friggin late with nothing worth fighting for with another four years of the NDP provincially and the Liberals federally.

A strong conservative party is what we need to protect our rights and freedom.
However you are right, it might be too late.

The dippers will do a lot of damage to this province in the next 4 years in my opinion.
Most of the land will be transferred to the indians and the rest of us will have no place to go.
If I can help in any way let me know.

Maglic
10-26-2020, 06:54 AM
A strong conservative party is what we need to protect our rights and freedom.
However you are right, it might be too late.

Hmm, do not think you can afford having 2 strong “NO NDP” parties. By calling for another strong party or even voting for them will just help those you are opposing.
So think twice before you say or do next.
My riding split vote helped NDP to gain yet another seat:
Megan Dykeman 38.8% 7,937 total votes NDP
Margaret Kunst 34.9% 7,144 total votes LIB
Ryan Warawa 12.9% 2,633 total votes CON

Maybe we should learn from the past,
Reform Party of Canada and Conservatives did not stand the chance against Liberals at Federal level until they got united.

stosto
10-26-2020, 07:23 AM
Most of the post-election posts make you sound like a bunch of sore losers. Not very oldstock of you.

I know this is a hunting forum and all, but hunting isn't really that important. There are many more pressing issues effecting us and our neighbors that the gov need to address.

BimmerBob
10-26-2020, 07:35 AM
Most of the post-election posts make you sound like a bunch of sore losers. Not very oldstock of you.

I know this is a hunting forum and all, but hunting isn't really that important. There are many more pressing issues effecting us and our neighbors that the gov need to address.

Until people learn that more government is never a solution this inability to solve pressing issues will continue.

wildcatter
10-26-2020, 06:38 PM
My feeling is now more COVID restriction will be coming.
Horgan didn't want to ruffle more feathers before the elections.
Will see, either way we are screwed.

Well, it didn't take long, just like I thought, it won't be long before face masks will be mandatory and a more lock downs.

wildcatter
10-26-2020, 06:42 PM
Hmm, do not think you can afford having 2 strong “NO NDP” parties. By calling for another strong party or even voting for them will just help those you are opposing.
So think twice before you say or do next.
My riding split vote helped NDP to gain yet another seat:
Megan Dykeman 38.8% 7,937 total votes NDP
Margaret Kunst 34.9% 7,144 total votes LIB
Ryan Warawa 12.9% 2,633 total votes CON

Maybe we should learn from the past,
Reform Party of Canada and Conservatives did not stand the chance against Liberals at Federal level until they got united.

By that I meant to have a party strong enough to punt the NDP out of power.
I know this will not happen for the next 4 years, but you have to start and prepare as early as possible.

Rob Chipman
10-26-2020, 08:40 PM
"Reform Party of Canada and Conservatives did not stand the chance against Liberals at Federal level until they got united."

It took a long time before they got a leader capable enough to knock off his competition, but that's the missing ingredient. I'm sure Andrew Wilkinson is a nice guy and a smart guy, but who didn't know what the outcome here was going to be? He's gone and there are people observing that Horgan is the shrewdest BC politician since Wacky Bennett.

Watch who wins the BC Liberal leadership. If he/she isn't 1st round draft pick material you've got more than another 4 years of the NDP.

HarryToolips
10-26-2020, 08:47 PM
Well, it didn't take long, just like I thought, it won't be long before face masks will be mandatory and a more lock downs.
Yup, and over a virus that has a 0.03% death rate amongst those who contract it...and how many have actually contracted it?? The trend of sheep following sheep continues...