PDA

View Full Version : Easton equivalents

Bow Walker
10-22-2007, 05:32 PM
This may sound strange - coming from me - and it might give some on here quite a laugh but here goes anyway. :redface:

Ever go to buy (online) some Easton target points and you're asked to select your arrow size (this is assuming you have an arrow other than an Easton - say a Gold Tip)?

When the shaft size is "clicked" down drops a menu that lists every Easton size :shock: and then the head scratching starts as you wonder which size is the equivalent to the GT .246 I.D. size.

:frown: That's my dilemma. Can anyone list for me the Easton arrow sizes that have an I.D. of .246 inches - like the Gold Tip shafts have?? Please?? :???:

Bowzone_Mikey
10-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Good fricken question .... I think the carbon series from easton .... My buddy Trev ... had some GT pin nocks in some lightspeeds at one time ...

I have some GT UL 600s at home (my wifes... I dont use GT arrows ;) ) I will compare to some of my eastons ... you lookin fer nibs?

Bow Walker
10-22-2007, 08:10 PM
:smile: I do use GT's. I'm seriously considering using the Ultralites (400's) for my target setup....btw...just how large is .290 inches - say in comparison to 25/64ths of an inch? Is it about .100 inch less (as I suspect)?? :idea: [25 divided by 64]

I was told that the CB nibbs will fit the GT shafts - from Heartland Archery in Vin-ya-peg, Man-ya-to-ba......

Easton CB Points fit Lightspeeds, Epics, Excells, Beman ICS, They also fit Goldtip arrows as well. They are available in 80gr and 100gr weights.

Problem is I want something in the order of 50 or 60 grains.:frown: I'll most likely try performing surgery on the 80 grain CB's, I guess. :shock:

willyqbc
10-23-2007, 12:35 AM
you can get 50 grain PDP points that work very well in the standard goldtips. They will come with a bunch of screw in weights so you can customize to your desired weight.

Chris

Bow Walker
10-23-2007, 06:31 PM
you can get 50 grain PDP points that work very well in the standard goldtips. They will come with a bunch of screw in weights so you can customize to your desired weight.

Chris
:idea: Thanks, bud.....;)

Eagle1
10-23-2007, 11:17 PM
IMO I think 50 or 60 grain point is to light, even for 3 - D. The front of centre would be way to light and on the 400 shafts it would make the spine way to stiff and the arrow would not tune properly. You would not have enough weight on the front to "pull" the shaft straight. I think an 80 grain tip would work better on that shaft size. I've taken 100 grain points and cut them down to the size I needed {right now}it's time consuming but can be done with a good scale { to make them all the same weight } and a cut off saw. a file won't touch them as the points are hardened steel, the Easton nibbs have a aluminum shaft on them and a file will work for the final fine tuning of the weight.
It's sure hard to be humble when you fly with EAGLES.
The eaisest way is to order up some PDP points and add a weights to make a point around 80 grains, like I did for my new Victory shafts, { haven't got the points yet, but soon I hope }.

willyqbc
10-24-2007, 07:46 AM
The eaisest way is to order up some PDP points and add a weights to make a point around 80 grains.

Good advice there, I used 80 grain tips in my ultralight 400's and they flew beautifully, 50 or 60 grains is going to be tough to get to fly.

Chris

Bow Walker
10-24-2007, 08:39 AM
The eaisest way is to order up some PDP points and add a weights to make a point around 80 grains, like I did for my new Victory shafts, { haven't got the points yet, but soon I hope }.

I've been looking at the Victory X-Ringers in .350 spine. I've heard and read a lot of good things about those shafts. Apparently they accept GT components like bishings and pin nocks with no problems.

I hadn't planned on using such a small point, but it's good to know what fits and what doesn't. Cutting/filing Nibbs is a definite option - although I think going below 70 grains wouldn't be too wise.

Thanks Bill, and Chris.........

Eagle1
10-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Yeap, thats what I use, X - RINGER HV 350 with an outside dia of 24 ths.
only shot them at our last 3 - D shoot, but they fly real nice and actually pull from the targets real easy.
PSE X- FORCE 29/60, shaft weight 299/300 gr, 340 fps.
They come with uni bushings and nocks installed, 2315 and 2419 nibbs will fit.
Yes 2315 and 2419 are actually the same size.

jessbennett
10-25-2007, 07:04 AM
atta boy bill welcome to the "dark side"....... hahahahahahahah.......

im sure glad im shooting these victory arrows..... very nice. and yes they are easy to pull too arent they? considering they size and speed that the bows are performing.:smile: