PDA

View Full Version : Bino harness

Cody66
10-21-2020, 03:58 PM
Just wondering what bino harness HBC members are running as I'm in the market for one, the new sitka looks nice with extra pockets but open to hear what everyone uses and prefers.

Cheers

TARCHER
10-21-2020, 04:10 PM
I use mystery ranch. Works well for me

Sharpish
10-21-2020, 04:11 PM
Kuiu pro. Highly recommend.

sako79
10-21-2020, 04:20 PM
Been using Alaska guide Creations for six years now no issues awesome pack

ekul246
10-21-2020, 04:28 PM
Badlands Bino XR in approach. Love it. Very comfortable and the magnetic closures work great.

exv
10-21-2020, 05:03 PM
I have the Sitka one. Where the harness attaches to the “case” they used an elastic material that constantly squeaks and makes noise. Drives me nuts ... stop to listen and it’s perfectly silent outside .. except every breath you take the harness let’s out a little squeak. I’d look elsewhere in my opinion.

luckofthedraw
10-21-2020, 05:07 PM
Alaska guide creations. When mine wears out I will purchase this again.

albravo2
10-21-2020, 05:20 PM
i just bought the Kuiu one after hunting with a buddy that owns one. Binos in the main compartment, InReach in left pocket, phone in right pocket and a few extra shells on the bottom. Very well thought out system imho.

2tins
10-21-2020, 06:02 PM
Mystery Ranch. Great storage for range finders, gps, etc. Great gear.

ekul246
10-21-2020, 06:02 PM
Badlands Bino XR in approach. Love it. Very comfortable and the magnetic closures work great.

Also has a lower pouch for rangefinder

Danny_29
10-21-2020, 06:10 PM
The new stone glacier looks very nice. Haven't used it yet though.

Cody66
10-21-2020, 06:24 PM
Is the stone glacier available for sale yet?

swampthing
10-21-2020, 06:36 PM
i just bought the Kuiu one after hunting with a buddy that owns one. Binos in the main compartment, InReach in left pocket, phone in right pocket and a few extra shells on the bottom. Very well thought out system imho.

My set up as well! Works great

Danny_29
10-21-2020, 06:39 PM
Is the stone glacier available for sale yet?

No, I just googled release date and couldn't find anything. The teasers look awesome though.

hurley16
10-21-2020, 06:49 PM
Had kuiu but switched last year to the Outdoor vision bino harness. Love it.......

Arctic Lake
10-21-2020, 07:16 PM
Just bought a Badlands sorry have not used it yet so can’t really give you a review . Has the magnetic closures .
Arctic Lake

twoSevenO
10-21-2020, 07:18 PM
Had kuiu but switched last year to the Outdoor vision bino harness. Love it.......

I have the outdoor vision one as well. It's been very good for me, but a little tricky to close one handed as my binos sit flat against the back and you need to get the lid between the binos and the harness

I think it's just based on the shape of my binos. Seems to work perfect for others.

Very well made (made in usa). silent. Good weather resistance and features. Comfortable.

I'm happy with it. Was recommended by sitkaspruce on this site to me.

longrifle
10-21-2020, 07:36 PM
I've run an FHF harness with a couple of extra holders (rangefinder and inreach) for the last seven seasons and it has been great.

'rifle

r106
10-21-2020, 08:03 PM
Alaska guide creations kodiak cub with Max pocket for me. Love it.

KBC
10-21-2020, 08:19 PM
I use this one; https://alaskaguidecreations.com/products/hybrid-m-a-x plus this for the Inreach; https://alaskaguidecreations.com/products/in-line-accessory-adapter
I put my range finder in the front pocket and the bottom one holds a headlamp, fire starter/lighter and still has room for a bunch of stuff. Wind checker fits really well in the side mesh pockets. Tags, keys etc. in the rear pocket. My only complaint is that the shoulder harness is a bit bulky but it looks like they make something a bit more minimalist now if you want it.

Ride Red
10-21-2020, 08:31 PM
Just a standard Leupold chest harness for me. Binos always at the ready, even when crawling.

Lone Tree
10-21-2020, 08:59 PM
Been using the FHF one withe the range finder pouch and it’s a perfect setup.

3than
10-21-2020, 09:03 PM
X2 For the Badlands Bino XR. Very comfortable.

whitlers
10-21-2020, 09:31 PM
AGC here. Works great. Room for binos, range finder, inreach, wind checker, tags and extra ammo. Had it for 4 years now.

twoSevenO
10-21-2020, 09:46 PM
AGC here. Works great. Room for binos, range finder, inreach, wind checker, tags and extra ammo. Had it for 4 years now.

Who even needs a backpack when you have an AGC harness. Lol

Mark-R
10-22-2020, 12:02 AM
AGC Kodiak Cub here too. 4 seasons and going strong. Bino's, range finder, wind checker, ear plugs, lens cloth, diaphragm calls & tags.
Never leave home without it.

leannejason
10-22-2020, 06:32 AM
BadLands D-Mag

paraschost
10-22-2020, 06:46 AM
Mystery ranch quick draw

Bear Brawler
10-22-2020, 06:48 AM
Just switched from the Kuiu harness over to the AGC Kodiak Cub with MAX pocket and love it. Actually selling the Kuiu Bino Harness with rain shield.

BRvalley
10-22-2020, 07:01 AM
I like the Kuiu one myself, use a range finder pocket on each side, one side for the ranger, one side for other small accessories, I like the minimalist design.....already have a backpack on typically, don't need another huge bag on my chest

the only thing I didn't like was the shoulder straps attached to the binos, so I modified it to attach directly to the bag

Silent But Deadly
10-22-2020, 07:23 AM
AGC cub with Max aswell. Been using it for 5 years and love it.

Arctic Lake
10-22-2020, 07:42 AM
To the OP . On further inspection of my Badlands bino case it is just the X model so no extra pockets which I think would have been better. As others have mentioned go for putting accessories in ie. rangefinder
Arctic Lake

Citori54
10-22-2020, 08:04 AM
I have the AGC Cub with the Max and really like it. I also have the Badlands Bino X with the range finder pouch that attaches to the side. I like it as well but it is just a little tight for my binoculars.

whitlers
10-22-2020, 11:33 AM
Who even needs a backpack when you have an AGC harness. Lol

Haha true. They are rather large and cumbersome :razz:

mod7rem
10-22-2020, 11:49 AM
I like the Kuiu one myself, use a range finder pocket on each side, one side for the ranger, one side for other small accessories, I like the minimalist design.....already have a backpack on typically, don't need another huge bag on my chest

the only thing I didn't like was the shoulder straps attached to the binos, so I modified it to attach directly to the bag

I did the same thing with mine. Use it for a pair of Minox 8.5x43 and it works great.
I also have a BinoBro Pro that I use for my Leica Geovids.

Cody66
10-22-2020, 05:06 PM

How did you do that? Is that the bino harness pro or just the regular bino harness?

Arctic Lake
10-22-2020, 06:21 PM
Update still too small for Meoptas I have . Will look at the AGC models . Just took my Badlands R back and got the Dmag has more room !
Arctic Lake

BadLands D-Mag

Sitkaspruce
10-22-2020, 07:24 PM

I have the outdoor vision one as well. It's been very good for me, but a little tricky to close one handed as my binos sit flat against the back and you need to get the lid between the binos and the harness

I think it's just based on the shape of my binos. Seems to work perfect for others.

Very well made (made in usa). silent. Good weather resistance and features. Comfortable.

I'm happy with it. Was recommended by sitkaspruce on this site to me.

Glad I could help out!

I am pretty sure I was the first Canadian to purchase the Outdoor Vision Bino Harness. Talked with the Owner and he was awesome discussing the harness design, the magnets and what made him choose to go with it opening it outwards, away from the body.

I have been running the OV for three years now and love it! Biggest plus for me is complete enclosure of the binos. I hunt the thick stuff and in the fall, the leaves and branches get into everything, so enclosed harness was needed and OV fits that!

Check them out!

Cheers

SS

Wentrot
10-22-2020, 07:45 PM
AGC is a great harness

backcountry98
10-24-2020, 04:10 PM
Alpz Outdoors Extreme Bino Harness.

Paid 55$, so definitely a budget harness but very durable and comfortable.

Down side is small front pocket only big enough for tags, but because of that it is low profile. Have put well over 100 days on it with no issues at all.

Fosey
10-24-2020, 10:40 PM
A young guy I worked with had a bino harness and so I bought a kuiu pro
off this website this past summer. I forced myself into using it yesterday. It is unreal
Your Binos pop right out and you always know where they are. Being old and
stubborn is crazy. Now if I could just try my walking sticks. Lol

jikkyo
10-25-2020, 07:05 PM
I used the regular Kuiu for a year, but switched to a Marsupial Gear bino harness this year. Love it! The magnetic clip works great. Wears very comfortable and got good pockets too

Citori54
10-25-2020, 09:48 PM
One nice feature Badlands has now is their Bino Connect system that allows you to connect your bino case to the shoulder straps of your pack and eliminate the bino harness. I adapted it to work with my AGC bino case by switching out the buckles. It works quite slick actually.

BRvalley
10-26-2020, 09:41 AM
How did you do that? Is that the bino harness pro or just the regular bino harness?

I have the original model, i just used some split rings and stitched them to the bag with braided fishing line, attach the straps to that instead of the binos

the pro model has this issue fixed i believe, the shoulder straps attach to the bag, and gives you option to tether your binos or not

Greenthumbed
10-26-2020, 07:17 PM
I have the Mystery Ranch harness. I like it a lot. It functions very well, is not too bulky and is solidly built. I’d recommend it.

barry1974w
10-26-2020, 08:33 PM
I stole my buddies idea and modified a fly fishing chest pack. It holds my nocs, range finder, knife, multi tool, tags, a small survival kit, a bit of emergency ass wipe, and my phone. Works for me

twoSevenO
10-27-2020, 11:39 AM
Any inexpensive options for a rangefinder pouch?

I dont want to spend much money on one, but I have a Leica rangefinder which doesnt have a clip on it like the Vortex ones, so it's kind of a pain in the azz as it just kind of dangles around on the lanyard.

todbartell
10-27-2020, 01:03 PM
Sitka Optic harness, best I've used so far
https://www.sitkagear.com/products/mountain-optics-harness/optifade-subalpine

alpinedust
10-27-2020, 09:19 PM
Has anyone had a chance to use both the alaska guide creations and outdoor vision? Both of these look good, not sure which would is better.

walker1985
10-28-2020, 07:01 AM
Has anyone tried the Marsupial bino harness or the Muley Freak Traverse?

Talltimber1
10-31-2020, 08:28 AM
Kuiu pro.
Interested to see the SG harness. Haven't seen it yet.

john.b
10-31-2020, 08:49 AM
I’m running the Sitka mountain bino harness and am very happy with it

r106
10-31-2020, 09:59 AM
Any inexpensive options for a rangefinder pouch?

I dont want to spend much money on one, but I have a Leica rangefinder which doesnt have a clip on it like the Vortex ones, so it's kind of a pain in the azz as it just kind of dangles around on the lanyard.

https://alaskaguidecreations.com/products/hybrid-m-a-x

My range finder fits in the front pocket of my agc harness

Arctic Lake
11-10-2020, 11:22 PM
Are those AGC Bino cases waterproof or water resistant ?
Have taken my second Badlands Bino case back as they are not a good fit for my Meoptas !
Arctic Lake

Seeker
11-11-2020, 12:04 AM
Not going to recommend a name brand, but what I like about the one I use is the little side pockets, the minimal bulk and the one hand use. The one hand is essential in my opinion. The side pockets have been great for lens cleaners or wind powders to determine....you guessed it, wind direction. There are times I wish I had a few more reachable/useable pockets, but I can't expect my bino harness to do everything.

Ironbutt
11-11-2020, 12:26 AM
There’s an additional cover you can get for heavy rain / extreme weather.

Ride Red
02-13-2021, 09:05 AM
Here’s a review showing many of the brands available.

https://youtu.be/EI7_QnprCo8

MZac
02-13-2021, 09:34 AM
Fight hunt fish (Fhf). First season with it and it's super comfortable. It came with a windicator bottle that fits great. Has a sleeve in the back for tags. Easy to operate one handed.

I have the bear spray attachment as well which carries quite nicely and holds the spray in what I think is the most ideal spot when you're in bear country. No complaints.

Arctic Lake
02-13-2021, 11:00 AM
Which model did you get ?
Thanks
Arctic Lake

Fight hunt fish (Fhf). First season with it and it's super comfortable. It came with a windicator bottle that fits great. Has a sleeve in the back for tags. Easy to operate one handed.

I have the bear spray attachment as well which carries quite nicely and holds the spray in what I think is the most ideal spot when you're in bear country. No complaints.

MZac
02-13-2021, 11:06 AM
Which model did you get ?
Thanks
Arctic Lake

I believe they only sell one model currently and the difference was only the size of the harness, based on which bino's you have. I got the FHF Bino Harness Pro-M (size medium because that's what they recommended for best Bino fit).

Arctic Lake
02-13-2021, 11:13 AM
Thank You !
Arctic Lake

I believe they only sell one model currently and the difference was only the size of the harness, based on which bino's you have. I got the FHF Bino Harness Pro-M (size medium because that's what they recommended for best Bino fit).

twoSevenO
02-13-2021, 02:39 PM
Kuiu pro.
Interested to see the SG harness. Haven't seen it yet.

Pics of it are out now! Looks like a pretty good forward flip design.

Price seems reasonable compared to competition.

huntcoop
02-13-2021, 03:16 PM
Had the AGC but sold it as it was way too big and cumbersome. My hunting partner called it my baby carrier. Switched over to the Outdoor Vision and never looked back. Light, full bino coverage, a few small and usable pockets and now comes with a detachable rain cover. Awesome.

Piperdown
02-13-2021, 03:30 PM
Had the AGC but sold it as it was way too big and cumbersome. My hunting partner called it my baby carrier. Switched over to the Outdoor Vision and never looked back. Light, full bino coverage, a few small and usable pockets and now comes with a detachable rain cover. Awesome.

Oh so you sold it to your buddy Piper and didn't tell him that did you :), shit I may get the HBC Ban hammer again for this comment, oh well I have been enjoying my many recent holidays, I get sooo much done

huntcoop
02-13-2021, 07:34 PM
Oh so you sold it to your buddy Piper and didn't tell him that did you :), shit I may get the HBC Ban hammer again for this comment, oh well I have been enjoying my many recent holidays, I get sooo much done

Did I say AGC, I meant to say Bone Collector :smile: I have a problem with buy once cry once.

Hankus
03-11-2021, 09:49 PM
Just switched to an AGC (KISS MAX) from a Horn Hunter. Verdict: far superior. I like its non-stretchy straps (see: Badlands, Horn Hunter). Lots of capacity and slim like a Jenny Craig model holding the waist of an oversized pair of pants (not as baby bjorn-like as other AGCs... though, shout out to all the real men our there who've rocked a baby bjorn).

Chose AGC over FHF because the top closes completely to keep out dust/water/PETA member tears.

Non-magnetic clasp is clutch; binos won't push open the top if you're crawling around and get //inverted// like Mav and Goose.