PDA

View Full Version : Missing Hunter Link Lake area

dmaxtech
10-19-2020, 10:33 PM
Anyone in the Link Lk area near Princeton? A buddies friend hunting SE of Osprey/Link Lk has not checked in for over 24hrs. SAR has been notified but if anyone is in the area able to go check his camp. It’s a black ford truck F150 with black enclosed trailer and a black Canam Outlander 2up. His name is Corey. If you pm me I can provide a pin of his camp location.

dmaxtech
10-20-2020, 06:37 AM
Update! He’s been found. All is good. He lost cell reception because of bad weather.

Ron.C
10-20-2020, 06:41 AM
Update! He’s been found. All is good. He lost cell reception because of bad weather.

great news!!!

hawk-i
10-20-2020, 07:19 AM
I'd be fricken pissed if somebody put a search out for me cuz I didn't call mommy in a 24hr period, but thats just me! :(

RyoTHC
10-20-2020, 07:33 AM
I'd be fricken pissed if somebody put a search out for me cuz I didn't call mommy in a 24hr period, but thats just me! :(

better safe than sorry I guess, even more so with the snow dump a lot of people likely weren’t prepared for.. but I’m with you, it would be embarrassing if everything was OK but that’s the better alternative than freezing to death because you’re friends thought you were a manly man and gave you an extra day to freeze with an injury.

REMINGTON JIM
10-20-2020, 08:00 AM
Good to Hear as its starting to Winter up out there now ! ;) RJ

Redthies
10-20-2020, 08:06 AM
better safe than sorry I guess, even more so with the snow dump a lot of people likely weren’t prepared for.. but I’m with you, it would be embarrassing if everything was OK but that’s the better alternative than freezing to death because you’re friends thought you were a manly man and gave you an extra day to freeze with an injury.

Yup. No need to be embarrassed. YOU didn’t call them. I’d far rather be able to say “What? You’re looking for ME? Well, you found me and I’m fine. Thank you and goodbye”. The alternative situation where you are actually hurt because you slipped on wet rock and broke your ankle or whatever and were stuck on the mountain is far more dangerous. Just because you are a hunter, it doesn’t make you a survival expert.

Glad your buddie was fine OP.

hawk-i
10-20-2020, 09:35 AM
LOL, Kinda makes me wonder how anyone ever went out of the house for more than a day before they invented cell phones...:)

Jagermeister
10-20-2020, 09:57 AM
LOL, Kinda makes me wonder how anyone ever went out of the house for more than a day before they invented cell phones...:)
Those loved ones at home worried and fretted.
Obviously you have no one to worry or fret about you and would if there is someone they espouse “good riddance to *** ******”

lovemywinchester
10-20-2020, 10:21 AM
I've seen both side. Buddy reported me missing to the Lillooet RCMP as I was ONE day late showing up for a camping trip!! Had to go into town and say I was ok.
Had a buddy who's friend and son went missing near Red lake. Jumped out of the truck to chase a buck and got turned around. They were gone overnight and everyone was worried sick. Tough call when lives may be on the line.

GEF
10-20-2020, 11:20 AM
Time is of the essence when it comes to hypothermia.

hawk-i
10-20-2020, 12:02 PM
Those loved ones at home worried and fretted.
Obviously you have no one to worry or fret about you and would if there is someone they espouse “good riddance to *** ******”

Easy buddy, you may pop a blood vein....lol

Shall I call a paramedic for you?

Imdone
10-20-2020, 12:07 PM
Better safe than sorry.
If one is expected to check in at a certain time and doesn't, there could be cause for concern.

Some of the remarks on this thread blow my mind.

You wonder why this site isn't what it used to be.

The internet can be unsettling, specially from armchair quarterbacks that think there above everyone else.

It's good news, glad he's safe.

10-20-2020, 12:33 PM
Ask any one of those people in SAR and RCMP who were mobilized what way they would have it..... all would say they want to know right away. not a damned one would say it was a waste of their time.

whitlers
10-20-2020, 12:37 PM
Better safe than sorry.
If one is expected to check in at a certain time and doesn't, there could be cause for concern.

Some of the remarks on this thread blow my mind.

You wonder why this site isn't what it used to be.

The internet can be unsettling, specially from armchair quarterbacks that think there above everyone else.

It's good news, glad he's safe.

Funny comming from a guy with 13 posts and a user name 'I'm done' sounds like maybe you are just here to stir the pot?

marcus44
10-20-2020, 02:08 PM
Funny comming from a guy with 13 posts and a user name 'I'm done' sounds like maybe you are just here to stir the pot?

Why are the number of posts he made relevant here? His post is more relevant that yours, maybe you are the one here to stir the pot?

Glad to hear this hunter is safe. You never know and it is best to be safe than sorry

ghost
10-20-2020, 02:50 PM
one of the reasons for a spot or similar device.if something goes bad at least search and rescue have a good starting point

4 point
10-20-2020, 03:41 PM
Better To be found sooner alive than the alternative later.

Imdone
10-20-2020, 07:36 PM

Beauty........ sorry to the OP for the derail. Seems a theme here.
Long time lurker, 13, check that now 14 time poster, and here to stir the pot. Not.

Too many threads over many years getting destroyed by arshats comments. This keeps many from posting valid stories or advice and or pictures as sooner or later they get called out, by the Arshats.

Thought I would join up to hbc to try to help folks with my near 60 years of hunting our Province. I like helping if I can and if we dont have the new hunters young and old getting into our traditions and heritage we will eventually loose it all. That would be a tough pill to swallow our grandkids not having opportunity.

As for user name Imdone, well given my prognosis of a life threatening illness now, I thought the user name fit. And being called out for it now. No surprises here.

My 14th post my be my last as Im done with dealing with Arshats.

Imdone.

whitlers
10-20-2020, 08:31 PM
Beauty........ sorry to the OP for the derail. Seems a theme here.
Long time lurker, 13, check that now 14 time poster, and here to stir the pot. Not.

Too many threads over many years getting destroyed by arshats comments. This keeps many from posting valid stories or advice and or pictures as sooner or later they get called out, by the Arshats.

Thought I would join up to hbc to try to help folks with my near 60 years of hunting our Province. I like helping if I can and if we dont have the new hunters young and old getting into our traditions and heritage we will eventually loose it all. That would be a tough pill to swallow our grandkids not having opportunity.

As for user name Imdone, well given my prognosis of a life threatening illness now, I thought the user name fit. And being called out for it now. No surprises here.

My 14th post my be my last as Im done with dealing with Arshats.

Imdone.

Well shit now I really feel like an asshole. My apologies for my pre judgment.

Currently removing my foot from my mouth..

Redthies
10-20-2020, 08:48 PM
Well shit now I really feel like an asshole. My apologies for my pre judgment.

Currently removing my foot from my mouth..

I’ve only met you once, but you didn’t strike me as any kind of an asshole. We all make mistakes in the way we interpret forum messages, text messages etc. It happens. Hopefully Imdone isn’t done.

My offer to meet again up to slay ducks still stands...

mastercaster
10-21-2020, 11:30 AM
Might be worth mentioning that a great number of hunting spots in the province are not within cell service. Link Lake is one of them! I've had a cabin up there for the last 15 years and only once in a blue moon will you pass into a 20 yard circle up in bush when a text message may pop through. Surprises the hell out of you,,,,,but forget about phoning or even having a return text go back through. You definitely won't get or be able to send texts at the campground.