PDA

View Full Version : Sausage stuffer

ratherbefishin
10-18-2020, 02:25 PM
Any suggestions on sausage stuffers? We’re using a manual tinned cast iron sausage stuffer and frustrated with the meat blowing back around the gasket.One u tube on the ‘Enterprise’ sausage stuffer showed them packing the ground meat into a plastic bag with the tip cut off.

r106
10-18-2020, 02:45 PM
I use my Cabela's grinder as a stuffer. Seems to work good for me so far but I will follow this..

IronNoggin
10-18-2020, 02:57 PM
A couple of years back now, one of my hunting partners bought this one:

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/84021/cabelas-commercial-grade-stuffers

The 20 pound version that is.

It is extremely easy to use, and has well handled the hundreds of pounds that I have thrown at it.

Using your grinder to do so is OK, but tends to mush up the sausage material.
OK if it's something simple, but a big issue with such items that contain cheese, veggies, etc etc.

Highly Recommended!

Cheers,
Nog

huntcoop
10-18-2020, 03:19 PM
Kitchenaid mixer worked flawlessly for us this year.

sakohunter
10-18-2020, 04:49 PM
I asked the same question a few year's ago. I was torn between the 5lbs stuffer and the 10lbs model. I ended up going with the 10lbs because it had a two speed drive for the crank handle. I usually make a few types of sausages so 10lbs batches is a good run. I went with the Lem model on sale during the USA black friday sale. Good luck

Arctic Lake
10-18-2020, 04:52 PM
Don’t have one but F. Dick made in Germany is top shelf do a google search , it is very pricey though .
Also Tre Spade , think it’s Italian
Arctic Lake

Gateholio
10-18-2020, 04:56 PM
I use the power of hydraulics :)

https://www.dakotahsausagestuffer.com/

Ron.C
10-18-2020, 05:20 PM
I used a LEM 5 pound manual stuffer for about 5 years now. I usually do about 50# of pepperoni, sausage, smokies a year. Used to use my grinder. Only takes a couple minutes to fill and case 5 pounds.

The size works well for the qty I make and its very quick to clean.

Bear Chaser
10-18-2020, 05:39 PM
I use the power of hydraulics :)

https://www.dakotahsausagestuffer.com/

We have one as well.
No gears to wear out. Cleanup is simple and fast.

264mag
10-18-2020, 06:40 PM
I picked up a 15 lb tre spade stuffer from Stuffers Supply 19 yrs ago, works flawlessly. Buy once, cry once.

dougan
10-18-2020, 06:56 PM
Deer 7lb is what I purchased love it great value well built.

tigrr
10-18-2020, 07:28 PM
I bought a 5lb horizontal stuffer off Amazon.ca no regrets. 40 lbs through it and no issues.

Sitkaspruce
10-18-2020, 08:08 PM
Tried the horizontal stuffer, didn't like it, sold it and went back to the grinder. Way faster, no human effort and save $$$ for other toys.

Cheers

SS

ratherbefishin
10-19-2020, 08:06 AM
I like the cleaning advantage of stainless steel,but if I found an old Enterprise cast iron stuffer at a reasonable price I’d likely buy it...we did solve a lot of the blow by gasket problem by cutting a slightly larger plastic gasket from a margerine lid and that greatly improved the situation.Any experiance with modern vertical stainless steel stuffers would be appreciated

Ron.C
10-19-2020, 08:48 AM
I like the cleaning advantage of stainless steel,but if I found an old Enterprise cast iron stuffer at a reasonable price I’d likely buy it...we did solve a lot of the blow by gasket problem by cutting a slightly larger plastic gasket from a margerine lid and that greatly improved the situation.Any experiance with modern vertical stainless steel stuffers would be appreciated

my LEM 5# is a vertical stuffer. Easy to clean, metal gears, stainless. As I said above works very well for my needs.