PDA

View Full Version : Returning to B.C. with out of province harvest

Lumpy
10-13-2020, 09:23 AM
I’m lucky enough to have some awesome family back in Manitoba (where I grew up) with a big chunk of private land that produces some hefty whitetail bucks. Less than a month until I go there for a 10 day hunt, so I figure I should ask about bringing back my kill. Do I just need to leave tags attached? We are butchering it there as well, to save cooler space for trip back. Anything sketchy there??

thanks!

camera grab of one of the little guys on the property
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8099&stc=1

Rackmastr
10-13-2020, 09:38 AM
De-boning is the most important part when coming back to BC, and those regs are in place for CWD concerns. As well, make sure you are following any provincial regulations regarding exporting.

IronNoggin
10-13-2020, 10:49 AM
No complete skull (can saw off antlers, but make damn certain there is no meat / brains/ hide attached to skull plate).
No backbone at all.
No hide unless tanned.
Should be good to go with the tag in hand for processed game, but I suggest leaving evidence of sex attached to one piece you can get to easily.

Good Luck!
Nog

Lumpy
10-13-2020, 12:09 PM
Wicked thanks guys! I’ve emailed Manitoba fish and game for export rules as well. Been planning and waiting for a year for this trip. Aunts home cooking means one way or another, my cooler won’t be empty hahaha

2chodi
10-13-2020, 12:32 PM
"It is prohibited to possess the head,
hide, hoof, spinal column, internal organ or mammary gland of any animal of the family Cervidae (deer, elk, moose) that was killed outside British Columbia. Possession of an out-of-province Cer vidae hide that has been treated in a manner that removes all tissue, or antlers or parts of skulls that have had all tissues removed is permitted."

264mag
10-13-2020, 12:34 PM
Right after this paragraph it states that you must have 6 cm squared piece of hide attached. Its very confusing.

Lumpy
10-13-2020, 11:27 PM
Where do I find this? Synopsis?