PDA

View Full Version : A heads up warning

MOOSE MILK
10-12-2020, 07:17 AM
Going through Vanderhoof thought we would grab some KFC but parking lot was too full of cars that we couldn't get in with a 22 ft. trailer behind. We carried on and stopped at the large weigh station just out of town at the junction to Fort St James, thought we would cook ourselves a dinner and crash there for the night. My partner and I both had a craving for KFC so when he suggested we unhook the trailer and run back for a bucket I was all for that!

We unhooked just as it was getting dark and I headed back to Vanderhoof which was only a few miles back, my partner stayed behind to get the trailer ready for us to eat inside and bed down for the night. Shortly after I left a pickup pulled into the lot and backed up to hitch up the trailer, Jim didn't think too much about it as the truck was a maroon colour much like mine only he didn't hear the diesel sound mine makes, he gets out of the trailer to help me hook up and realizes that it is not me but some stranger about to hook up the trailer. Jim had the pipe used for tightning up the hitch bars in his hand and said to the guy " your making the biggest mistake of your life"

At which he jumped back into his truck and peeled away!!!

If Jim had not stayed behind the trailer and all our hunting stuff would have been gone.
So that is your heads up warning.

Ride Red
10-12-2020, 07:21 AM
Hopefully you got a plate number?

338win mag
10-12-2020, 07:22 AM
Glad for you guys, that would of been a real bummer....I fuggin hate thieves.

REMINGTON JIM
10-12-2020, 07:23 AM
UN Believable ! :shock: Except for i know where that happened and it would not a REAL surprise . ! Glad to hear your Buddy stayed behind and saved the Day - Good LUCK to you Guys - Be Safe out there ! ;) RJ

eastkoot
10-12-2020, 07:32 AM
Why people should have access to firearms..

Island Idiots
10-12-2020, 07:51 AM
A fella broke down on the Paulson this summer. Tow truck took his truck. Went back for fifth wheel and it was gone. Happens everywhere.

b72471
10-12-2020, 08:11 AM
A plate # and report it. I also know the place.
Maroon Truck: make, model, new old???

Trapper
10-12-2020, 08:19 AM
the weigh station should have cameras maybe would of picked up a plate #

rageous
10-12-2020, 08:32 AM
Agree trapper, worth looking into.

Good thing buddy stayed back. Would have been interesting if he was inside and they started towing it away.

If anyone has to leave there trailer for any amount of time for unforeseen circumstances consider pulling the tires off. Even a hub or two. Lock the hitch and pull out the emergency break away pin if equipped.

dakoda62
10-12-2020, 09:09 AM
The pricks in that area will steal your campfire if you give them a chance.

RyoTHC
10-12-2020, 10:39 AM
Seems like a good place to park a bait trailer and have a chat with the local stewards.
seems like an easy way to put some metal bracelets on them.

MOOSE MILK
10-12-2020, 11:31 AM
Don't think it was the "Stewards", partner said looked like white guy with white hair, tall and slim, red checkered lumberjack shirt, happened quick and in the adrenalin rush didn't think about license plate.

albravo2
10-12-2020, 12:07 PM
partner said looked like white guy with white hair, tall and slim, red checkered lumberjack shirt

Probably TodBartell. Hard to make an honest living in Vanderhoof these days;-)

MOOSE MILK
10-12-2020, 12:27 PM
Would have stopped at Bartell's but place was all in darkness around 5 pm.

landphil
10-12-2020, 01:03 PM
Snip...

and pull out the emergency break away pin if equipped.

This is not a good idea as it will overheat your brake magnets and drain your trailer battery(s).

The Donald
10-12-2020, 02:57 PM
Just a heads up there are signs there no over night parking

tigrr
10-12-2020, 05:32 PM
Good thing Jim stayed behind. You are one lucky dude.

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
10-12-2020, 06:13 PM
Thump Thump with the Dummy stick .

Arctic Lake
10-12-2020, 06:28 PM
Nothing surprises me anymore . People will rob you blind ! Glad they did not succeed with the bad deed !
Civil Decay !
Arctic Lake

tigrr
10-12-2020, 07:01 PM
Officer those bruises on him are from resisting arrest.
But he is all black and blue officer says.
He resisted a lot!!

MOOSE MILK
10-12-2020, 08:18 PM
Saw the signs, a couple of other cars there taking a nap. We were not gonna stay overnight, just nap a bit then gone before daylight.
Been doin it this way for years, never had a problem with cops knockin on our doors.

Redthies
10-12-2020, 08:56 PM
Just a heads up there are signs there no over night parking

Oh shit. My bad. Must have been the traffic cops and local towing company taking it to the impound yard!

The Donald
10-13-2020, 07:07 AM
Oh shit. My bad. Must have been the traffic cops and local towing company taking it to the impound yard!

Jesus christ i was just informing him as i parked there and was going to sleep and got kicked out, thanks for the great reply