PDA

View Full Version : Stikine Damages - Go fund me

Skull Hunter
10-08-2020, 09:00 AM
I haven't seen it posted on here, but a few vehicles were damaged at the Stikine launch recently. The Dease Lake store is stepping up to help those hunters repair the damages to their rigs.

Since this is about helping the hunters repair their personal property, lets try to leave blame or finger pointing out of this thread so it can be seen by as many as possible, and not get locked or deleted.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/reparations-for-vehicle-damages?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp%20share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR3W2ksDDuGqJLoTCNO5fiwr0xipnXWjXiSBIISJQ k0kJDVEzhGlG0oIzig

kitnayakwa77
10-08-2020, 11:47 AM
I was in the Dease Lake store on Sept 24 and heard some locals talking about pushing trucks into the river at the Stikine launch. I didn't pay much attention to it at the time as it sounded like big talk. Wishing I paid more attention to who was talking about that.... Frustrating that the Province did not respond in a meaningful way to address some of these issues with blockades prior to people's property being vandalized. But nice to see that the Super A has organized something like this gofundme page.

Arctic Lake
10-09-2020, 09:02 AM
Hmmmm. . Are these the same people that our wanting to be stewards of the land .
Arctic Lake

Retiredguy
10-09-2020, 09:18 AM
Hmmmm. . Are these the same people that our wanting to be stewards of the land .
Arctic Lake

And we all know what a crock of BS that is. Problem is that vast numbers of citiots have no experience with FN in real life and get all their info about them off Walt Disney and Social Media...just like their knowledge base about wolves and how they only kill and eat the old and infirm. They represent the largest number of voters sadly. Those that live and work in rural areas with FN know the truth of it. Hell, lots of FN know the truth of it but remain silent generally to avoid the social/societal consequences. The problem is compounded by our media which only report in a way that drives the narrative they want the masses to believe. The whole thing is exceedingly frustrating for many, especially because there does not appear to be anything that can be done about it. To not agree instantly brands you as hard right wing, neanderthalic and racist. The world is totally FUBAR.

white moose
10-09-2020, 06:23 PM
That's what insurance is for. A go fund me page, nope. Shit happens

338win mag
10-09-2020, 06:58 PM
That's what insurance is for. A go fund me page, nope. Shit happens
No, that is not what insurance is for.

Atlas12
10-09-2020, 07:06 PM
No, that is not what insurance is for.
Vandalism is literally what your comprehensive insurance coverage is for.

white moose
10-09-2020, 07:21 PM
Vandalism is literally what your comprehensive insurance coverage is for.

Yup, exactly. Pretty funny.

338win mag
10-09-2020, 07:22 PM
That is what jail is for, lol.

white moose
10-09-2020, 07:23 PM
That is what jail is for, lol.
And the go fund me is for????

Ron.C
10-09-2020, 07:28 PM
You guys do realize its not the victims asking for money, but a local buisness trying solicit funds from other locals to show their disappointment with the situation and support for the victims. To me, its a classy move to show hunters they are in fact welcome and not to paint all residents of that community with the ssme brush.

Even if they raise enough to cover deductables, it's a nice gesture.

Redthies
10-09-2020, 07:29 PM

Beer?

I think its nice that someone from that area wants to help out. For those of you saying “insurance!”, you do realize that your premiums will go way up if you make a claim, right? It’s a solid deal that locals want to try and cover the costs so tourists (yes, if you are hunting away from home, you are a sort of tourist) don’t have a shitty experience in their town.

westcoaster
10-09-2020, 07:31 PM

Covering deductibles and other incidentals that are not covered by insurance like contents....

338win mag
10-09-2020, 07:38 PM
You guys do realize its not the victims asking for money, but a local buisness trying solicit funds from other locals to show their disappointment with the situation and support for the victims. To me, its a classy move to show hunters they are in fact welcome and not to paint all residents of that community with the ssme brush.

It shows they support the hunters^^^^

Arctic Lake
10-09-2020, 07:47 PM
Insured or not it’s not right ! How is pushing vehicles into a river right ? That’s not looking after the LAND ! Nor is damaging Private Property !
Arctic Lake

boxhitch
10-09-2020, 08:59 PM
The fund raising should be kept local and in the face of the locals that did the damage, if thats the case
Local pressure is the only thing that will curb such actions, no one gives a crap outside

especially gofundme, which keeps 26?% of the proceeds

j270wsm
10-09-2020, 09:10 PM
Beer?

I think its nice that someone from that area wants to help out. For those of you saying “insurance!”, you do realize that your premiums will go way up if you make a claim, right? It’s a solid deal that locals want to try and cover the costs so tourists (yes, if you are hunting away from home, you are a sort of tourist) don’t have a shitty experience in their town.

premiums won’t go way up for a comprehensive claim....premiums go way up for claims that are your fault.

Maglic
10-09-2020, 09:45 PM
especially gofundme, which keeps 26?% of the proceeds

Not sure where did you pick that information?

According to their web site it is just small fee to cover payment processing, as no one will process your payment for free.
"There is a fee of 2.9% plus $0.30 fee per donation on GoFundMe. These fees go directly to our payment processor and help us keep GoFundMe a safe place to donate."

https://www.gofundme.com/c/blog/gofundme-fees

boxhitch
10-09-2020, 11:21 PM
typo, misremembered it as 2.6, 2.9 is right.

Avalanche123
10-10-2020, 06:00 AM
It shows they support the hunters^^^^

Agreed. Well said.

300rum700
10-10-2020, 06:30 AM
20 posts of hot air and 4 donations on the go fund me. Hunters helping hunters at its finest.

j270wsm
10-10-2020, 07:13 AM
It’s unfortunate that peoples property was damaged/stolen......but they must have know the risk before leaving their vehicles unattended. Call the cops and file a police report then call icbc to make a vandalism claim.

338win mag
10-10-2020, 07:15 AM

.................................................. .................................................. .

Wild Images
10-10-2020, 07:15 AM
I know the guys who own the trucks and trust me they would not be fuc ing with them if they were there.

This is a spineless bullshit act of vandalism

They are nowhere near any community members but now have to deal with this crap when they get out

I'm ashamed of our government and the way wildlife in this province has been handled and managed

They wonder why there is racism..... Take a good look who is fueling it then playing victim

REMINGTON JIM
10-10-2020, 07:59 AM
WILD IMAGES : I'm ashamed of our government and the way wildlife in this province has been handled and managed

They wonder why there is racism..... Take a good look who is fueling it then playing victim

Exactly ! Our current NDP goverment has REALLY phucked things up and its Getting Worse ! :mad: jmo RJ

Trapper
10-10-2020, 08:41 AM
Not that it would do any good if it was me i would send the bill for damages to the Tahltan office in dease lake .

Bluedsteel
10-10-2020, 09:36 AM
There were at least 3 trucks vandalized at the stikine bridge yesterday. Someone had the decency to put tarps over the windows for them.

Bluedsteel
10-10-2020, 01:25 PM
well I remember a while back some old timers would set up camp at the Stikine and watch people's stuff. If everyone tossed them a couple hundred bucks it would be worth their while. That being said you shouldn't have to go hunting and worry about your stuff being vandalized.
On a slightly different note, my buddy and about 300 cars were stuck in New Hazleton last night for 3 hours as the natives walked out on the highway and stopped traffic. RCMP broke it up but the natives thought this was funny and laughed and drank coffee as the convoy drove through town. Sickening

REMINGTON JIM
10-10-2020, 07:36 PM
https://thetyee.ca/News/2020/10/10/Indigenous-Land-Rights-Action-Blocks-Northern-BC/