PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to respectful hunters

Huevos
10-04-2020, 11:49 AM
I was hunting last week with my old man. We found a lake we wanted to try and we called in a 45+ bull moose into at 350 yards across the bay, but for the life of me I couldn't tell if it was legal. Beautiful bull, but couldn't give the go ahead for my dad to shoot. We decided to go back in the morning and give it a try again. hoping for a second look.
On the way in, we passed several hunters on atv's and side by sides. I don't know why, but every time I pass someone road hunting, I feel a little bit guilty. I don't road hunt myself(except for bear), but When I get old and can't walk, I know I would rather road hunt than stay home. We got close to where we would need to walk into the lake, and there were a couple guys that were going to watch the long, straight road on the way in. I stopped and talked to one, explained we were going to walk in at the end of the road, and offered to follow him in slow in case there was a moose on the way in. He said it was fine and we wished each other luck, ran into the other guy, and had a similar respectful conversation,
I was impressed with these guys. There was plenty of space for all of us to hunt, and everyone seemed to understand that. Just wanted to share that there are plenty of awesome hunters out in the woods. This is the second interaction with other hunters this year and both were pleasant. Keep up the good work guys and gals. Thank you for showing the respect each of us deserves.