PDA

View Full Version : Sight in Location

Arctic Lake
09-27-2020, 11:35 AM
Okay I have been wanting to join a Gun Range but then Covid hit and they were closed and then not taking new members, time limits and so on . Now I think most are no guests and time limits .
I need time !
I really can’t see paying a full years membership this year and them come January pay again .I will wait till next year .

So having said all that can any of you guys recommend a place on crown land to take my time and sight in some rifles that’s not 3 hours away ?

PM me if you do not want to disclose on the site . I would clean up the paper , brass and anything I leave behind I’m like that !
Arctic Lake

Noreasny
09-27-2020, 11:59 AM
Thompson mountain does allow guests its not that busy there most days so you probably could spend more then 2 hours there if you wanted

alpinedust
09-27-2020, 01:15 PM
Thompson mountain does allow guests its not that busy there most days so you probably could spend more then 2 hours there if you wanted

Thank you for this info! Going to join a range in the new year as not many of them are taking guests at the moment, but can't justify spending $200+ now and then again in January.

Just checked their website and they say that time might be limited to 2 hours if busy, so I guess try to go during slow times OP.

Edzzed
09-27-2020, 02:51 PM
You could probably find a forestry road out by Harrison and let er rip. Drive out Lougheed hwy and turn left at sasquatch inn. I used to go up Stave lake area but it is now a no shooting zone. I also had a spool of fishing line that said 100 yards so was easy to measure from target back to the rifle.

Arctic Lake
09-27-2020, 04:15 PM
I hear you about the range membership !
Arctic Lake

Thank you for this info! Going to join a range in the new year as not many of them are taking guests at the moment, but can't justify spending $200+ now and then again in January.

Just checked their website and they say that time might be limited to 2 hours if busy, so I guess try to go during slow times OP.

Arctic Lake
09-27-2020, 04:17 PM
I think the West side of Harrison is no shooting unless your hunting I have to read the regulations again I guess it is to avoid Yahoos from shooting at other recreationalists !
Arctic Lake

You could probably find a forestry road out by Harrison and let er rip. Drive out Lougheed hwy and turn left at sasquatch inn. I used to go up Stave lake area but it is now a no shooting zone. I also had a spool of fishing line that said 100 yards so was easy to measure from target back to the rifle.

RICKADY
09-28-2020, 07:29 AM
East side of Harrison, go deep and should find a spot, bring a range finder and forget the fishing line, much easier for setting different distances.

Ghilliesuit
09-28-2020, 11:55 AM
11K up Harrison West. A long down hill, round the big puddle on the left, over the short bridge and the first left after that, about 2K straight thru up. Go straight thru the clearing/intersection about 200metres. On the right. There's targets at 25M and a hill at 135M. Slightly uphill. The "No Shooting" is 400metres on either side of Harrison West.

Arctic Lake
09-28-2020, 08:48 PM
I think you lost me LOL !
Arctic Lake

11K up Harrison West. A long down hill, round the big puddle on the left, over the short bridge and the first left after that, about 2K straight thru up. Go straight thru the clearing/intersection about 200metres. On the right. There's targets at 25M and a hill at 135M. Slightly uphill. The "No Shooting" is 400metres on either side of Harrison West.

Stresd
09-29-2020, 07:12 AM
"The Range" in Langley has no covid guest restrictions. At least none that I have seen and I was there yesterday and Sat. Membership is yearly from the day/month you join. (ie) my membership comes due 28th of Oct. They are Currently taking memberships as i watched a guy signup and get his picture taken yesterday. Used to be a member at Mission but travel time from Surrey was killing me.

Arctic Lake
09-29-2020, 07:51 AM
Thanks for that Stresd !
Arctic Lake

"The Range" in Langley has no covid guest restrictions. At least none that I have seen and I was there yesterday and Sat. Membership is yearly from the day/month you join. (ie) my membership comes due 28th of Oct. They are Currently taking memberships as i watched a guy signup and get his picture taken yesterday. Used to be a member at Mission but travel time from Surrey was killing me.

whitlers
09-29-2020, 09:12 AM

I believe the OP wants to sight in his rifle. I think your limited to 30m at that range. Not exactly a place to sight in a hunting rifle IMO but to each their own.

Ghilliesuit
09-29-2020, 12:30 PM
I think you lost me LOL !
Arctic Lake

Do you know where Harrison West (Sts'ailes) is? The Sasquatch Inn? Morris Valley Road? Harrison West Forest Service Road? Go "up" Sts'ailes FSR
(Harrison West) until approx. 10K, at the top of the hill, go down the hill, around a big puddle on the left, over the bridge that goes over a small stream---are you with me so far---good, after the bridge, go approx 1k, then on the first spur, turn left. Go up the spur approx. 1.5-2K until you go thru an intersection---you good so far---approx. 300metres past the intersection that you went straight thru, on your right is an almost level shooting spot. You will see targets at 25M and 100+M.

alpinedust
09-29-2020, 05:17 PM

just a heads up this range is 50m...

Noreasny
09-29-2020, 07:38 PM
just a heads up this range is 50m...

it’s a 100 yards

colt52
09-29-2020, 07:46 PM
Thompson Mountain members have a choice of two ranges one is 100yds&50yds, the other range is only100yds. If you are on a day card your limited to the public range 50yds.Aday card is 42$

alpinedust
09-29-2020, 07:58 PM
Thompson Mountain members have a choice of two ranges one is 100yds&50yds, the other range is only100yds. If you are on a day card your limited to the public range 50yds.Aday card is 42$
My bad, I should have been specific about Day card*** Thanks

Leveraction
10-08-2021, 01:31 PM
Hey Arctic,
Are you in the lower mainland .?

I go to either of the below spots, I found them just looking and hunting.
it is 2 + hours though.
but what I like about both spots is your 110-120 kms/hr until you turn off the highway.

From Hope, Go up the Coquihalla to Coquihall lake road, take a right, and head in 15-20 minutes, lots of clearings.
Or
From Hope, go up the # 1, to Boston bar, follow the switch back up to higher elevation on the east side of the highway, lots of open areas to sight in 200-300 yards.

hope that helps

Graham

Redthies
10-08-2021, 10:00 PM
I also had a spool of fishing line that said 100 yards so was easy to measure from target back to the rifle.

They make these cool things called “rangefinders” nowadays. Very convenient for determining distances without having to respool your string!

🤣

REMINGTON JIM
10-08-2021, 11:25 PM

LMFFAO! :-P Spool of fish line to measure out a shooting range ! :lol::lol: RJ

Weatherby Fan
10-09-2021, 06:51 AM
Okay I have been wanting to join a Gun Range but then Covid hit and they were closed and then not taking new members, time limits and so on . Now I think most are no guests and time limits .
I need time !
I really can’t see paying a full years membership this year and them come January pay again .I will wait till next year .

So having said all that can any of you guys recommend a place on crown land to take my time and sight in some rifles that’s not 3 hours away ?

PM me if you do not want to disclose on the site . I would clean up the paper , brass and anything I leave behind I’m like that !
Arctic Lake

Hey A.L.
I have access to a local range.......now did you get that new scope mounted ?

MichelD
10-09-2021, 11:26 AM
I was at a hidden small town range on the island last summer. Nobody around, all by myself. Coulda done this at any range though; it takes 125 of my paces from the bench to the 100 yard target. No fishing line or range finder required. I don't have one anyway.

Getbent
10-09-2021, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=Ghilliesuit;2200458]Do you know where Harrison West (Sts'ailes) is? The Sasquatch Inn? Morris Valley Road? Harrison West Forest Service Road? Go "up" Sts'ailes FSR
(Harrison West) until approx. 10K, at the top of the hill, go down the hill, around a big puddle on the left, over the bridge that goes over a small stream---are you with me so far---good, after the bridge, go approx 1k, then on the first spur, turn left. Go up the spur approx. 1.5-2K until you go thru an intersection---you good so far---approx. 300metres past the intersection that you went straight thru, on your right is an almost level shooting spot. You will see targets at 25M and 100+M.[/QUOTE
Whatever….

Getbent
10-09-2021, 04:57 PM
Do you know where Harrison West (Sts'ailes) is? The Sasquatch Inn? Morris Valley Road? Harrison West Forest Service Road? Go "up" Sts'ailes FSR
(Harrison West) until approx. 10K, at the top of the hill, go down the hill, around a big puddle on the left, over the bridge that goes over a small stream---are you with me so far---good, after the bridge, go approx 1k, then on the first spur, turn left. Go up the spur approx. 1.5-2K until you go thru an intersection---you good so far---approx. 300metres past the intersection that you went straight thru, on your right is an almost level shooting spot. You will see targets at 25M and 100+M.
Whatever…your first directions were whacked.

driveby
10-09-2021, 05:39 PM
Whatever…your first directions were whacked.

Hard to follow directions for sure lol. Seeing as how the location is being disclosed on an open forum, GPS coordinates would be a LOT easier to understand. Also far less work that typing out the whole step by step directions, simple copy and paste.

If a location is still needed I know a spot that's good for up to 300 yards and within 90 minutes of Langley. Recently found another spot that's good for 600 to 1800 yards that's within 2 hours of Langley :mrgreen:

Arctic Lake
10-09-2021, 08:01 PM
I appreciate all the information fellas I found a place up the west side of Harrison !
Arctic Lake

Arctic Lake
10-09-2021, 08:05 PM
Hi WF . I’m going to join the Mission range . BIL wants to join as well . He’s not a hunter but has a few firearms for SHTF scenario .
I still don’t have the scope mounted I’m a terrible procrastinator ! I need to get it done ! No LEH for moose this year so I’m going to go after deer again ,somewhere ! Hope all is well with you !
Arctic Lake
Hey A.L.
I have access to a local range.......now did you get that new scope mounted ?

Weatherby Fan
10-09-2021, 08:18 PM
Hi WF . I’m going to join the Mission range . BIL wants to join as well . He’s not a hunter but has a few firearms for SHTF scenario .
I still don’t have the scope mounted I’m a terrible procrastinator ! I need to get it done ! No LEH for moose this year so I’m going to go after deer again ,somewhere ! Hope all is well with you !
Arctic Lake

Drop by anytime we can get that mounted up, you can do it and I’ll slap you around until it’s done properly !!!!
yeh best just to join the range and be done with it.

Arctic Lake
10-09-2021, 08:26 PM
Ha Ha Ha ! Thank You for the offer !
Arctic Lake

Drop by anytime we can get that mounted up, you can do it and I’ll slap you around until it’s done properly !!!!
yeh best just to join the range and be done with it.