PDA

View Full Version : Bridge Lake?

MichelD
09-21-2020, 12:49 PM
A couple of my hunting buddies have access to a cabin on the south shore of Bridge Lake near the store for the first two weeks of October. I had a moose draw in the area a few years ago but stayed at Sulphurous Lake and hunted north of there. I know nothing of the area south of Bridge lake.

I think I read on here that deer on the plateau there move out in a southerly migration at some time in the autumn, but they should still be around in early October I expect?

Private messages would be welcome if you don't wish to publicly discuss this.

Rampager
09-21-2020, 01:48 PM
Tough to say around early October. I have a cabin on Sheridan and my experience is they are around in early/mid September and not around in late October. Might depend if the weather turns early or not, the current forecast is moderate so its hard to say.

browningboy
09-21-2020, 03:10 PM
Just go and explore, enjoy yourself! There will be deer around..

chris
09-21-2020, 05:16 PM
There are always a few deer kicking around but most of them head downhill pretty early on. I have been seeing more white tails around than a couple years ago too. There seemed to be lots of black bears around this spring and summer.

Bubbacanuck
09-21-2020, 05:24 PM
There are always a few deer kicking around but most of them head downhill pretty early on. I have been seeing more white tails around than a couple years ago too. There seemed to be lots of black bears around this spring and summer.

Awesome news! I am looking forward to hunting 5-1 from my cabin at Deka during November, as I have a whitetail antlerless tag to cut!

CranePete
09-21-2020, 05:25 PM
If you’re not familiar with the area, be aware that 5-1/3-30 boundary is(generally) the North Bonaparte Road.

REMINGTON JIM
09-21-2020, 05:28 PM
I JUST spent some time up there and HARDLY seen a animal ! Sad :( Try around Eagan lake for whitetails ! RJ

Mulehahn
09-21-2020, 06:22 PM
I have property a few kilometers West of Bridge. Yes there are always deer around but I after checking my trail cams the last few weks I can honestly say the deer are already on the move. All summer I had twin 2 year old bucks (They were born in area. have pictures of them as fawns), there mother who has twins again this year, another doe with one fawn and a spiker with a growth on his neck. The last few weeks I have had quite a few of bucks and does moving through that I have never seen before.

That being said, I have had bucks on my camera year round. Not all leave the area.

Ohwildwon
09-21-2020, 08:43 PM
I hunted the power line below Kingdom lake in November a few years ago.

Deer but Wolves too..

savage10
09-21-2020, 08:46 PM
I am heading up to the area this weds, actually staying at sulphurous lake just to explore the area as I have never been before and do some fishing. Will let you know if I see anything!

Looking_4_Jerky
09-21-2020, 11:44 PM
The majority of deer leave the plateau south of Bridge in early October. If you get a good snow that will be the catalyst, but even without, by mid Oct most that are going to leave will have..

REMINGTON JIM
09-22-2020, 10:45 AM
I hunted the power line below Kingdom lake in November a few years ago.

Deer but Wolves too..

Hmm ! Where is THIS KINGDOM lake you speak about ? and Powerline ? RJ

ElliotMoose
09-22-2020, 10:56 AM
The mulies are generally all gone by thanksgiving weekend aside from a few stragglers. The odd moose still around but that area has been logged so extensively there isn't really a patch of old growth left standing. They are starting to heavily deactivate some of the roads on the 3-30 side but unfortunately the damage has been done.

On the plus side, the whitetails have moved in and there are a few good pockets of them. Also a plus is that there were several young mulies closer to the burn so maybe the burn is doing it's part in regenerating habitat and we might have a rebound in mule deer numbers. They still migrate to loon/little fort/ banks of the fraser come October though.

Chris

Ohwildwon
09-22-2020, 07:57 PM
Hmm ! Where is THIS KINGDOM lake you speak about ? and Powerline ? RJ

Come on Jim, google it?

20 min sw of “the store” above Bralorne....

Had a Mulie Doe LEH at the time.

4wd with vbars in 2 ft of snow along the Hurly on the way in..

REMINGTON JIM
09-24-2020, 07:17 AM
[QUOTE=Ohwildwon;2199190]Come on Jim, google it?

20 min sw of “the store” above Bralorne.... Had a Mulie Doe LEH at the time.

Well I KNOW of that kingdom lake as i am from Bralorne Just kinda wondering when the area Talked about was BRIDGE Lake ! :roll: lol RJ

Ohwildwon
09-25-2020, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=Ohwildwon;2199190]Come on Jim, google it?

20 min sw of “the store” above Bralorne.... Had a Mulie Doe LEH at the time.

Well I KNOW of that kingdom lake as i am from Bralorne Just kinda wondering when the area Talked about was BRIDGE Lake ! :roll: lol RJ

10 min away :roll::roll: