PDA

View Full Version : Back from the North

Untouchable
10-19-2007, 06:16 PM
I just got home from a week up North. I decided after work last friday that I was going to go up hunting Region 3 for the weekend. I loaded up the old two wheel drive chevy pick up and off I went. Got to my spot around 7 and set up camp. I hunted saturday morning, and promptly saw over 50 deer. None of which were shooters, so went sunday and monday. I forgot to mention that I called in sick for the week, as I didn't want to come home empty handed. Region 3 was still a little slow in terms of buck movement, however the does were everywhere! I think we're still at least a couple weeks away from the start of the rut. Anyways, I got a phone call from my buddy up in hundred mile and he invited me to come up for a few days. Off I wen't, after three nights in a tent I was ready for the warmth of a house. We decided to hunt near Horsefly, on Tuesday and although we saw lots of deer, again there was nothing that really got the heart going. We saw moose, black bears, lots of grouse, and a pine marten raiding a bird nest( that was pretty cool). In the last week I saw over three hundred deer easy, but there just wasn't any big bucks around. Found a nice pair of sheds, heres a couple pics of those...
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x105/themanfromsummerscreek/IMGP1182.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x105/themanfromsummerscreek/IMGP1196.jpg
I'm gonna be going back up in a couple weeks for another week, and hopefully I can cut the tag on something nice. Holding out for a wall hanger, and you can't get one of those if you cut your tag on two points...:smile:

WoodOx
10-19-2007, 06:19 PM
sounds like a fun trip anyhow. Wish I was up there!
Not only will you not get a wall hanger cuttin on a 2 point, but there wont be as many wall hangers when everyone kills the youngins! Good on yah for holding out and best of luck on your next trip up

franklin3
10-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Good work bud those are nice sheds and we will bang one in Nov

Will
10-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Nice looking sheds ! :cool:
Yep a couple more weeks and things should be right smelly in 3;-)

That and the "any buck" season will be closed.........expect the hunter #'s to plummet Nov 1st :lol:;-)