PDA

View Full Version : "call for a moratorium on wolf hunting"

Golddust
09-09-2020, 03:46 PM
My girlfriend recieved an email today with some b.s. story about a wolf on "a small island near Victoria" it had a petition attached to it with apparently 48,000 votes. Wanted to post it here for everyone to raise awareness about this so we don't lose our ability to hunt wolves like we did grizzlies.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.change.org/p/minister-donaldson-takaya-s-legacy-moratorium-on-wolf-hunting-in-bc&ved=2ahUKEwi79amlk93rAhXlHDQIHQfUASgQFjABegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3caw5ecz4Jj_ZVfptf6txv

Would Rather Be Fishing
09-09-2020, 03:56 PM
Why... oh why did I start reading the comments....

Swamp mule
09-09-2020, 04:50 PM
I see that the originator of the petition is kelly Carson whom has an account within this hunting group. She is a ARA whom uses this site to take the pictures that hunters post for providing Intel to other animal rights groups. She is one of possible many within this group that need to be exposed.

Ride Red
09-09-2020, 05:15 PM
All comments coming from mindless people in the Starbucks lineup wearing their coyote lined jackets. Laughable at best.

adriaticum
09-09-2020, 05:35 PM
Come on, somebody sign it

Rob Chipman
09-09-2020, 06:29 PM
Done and signed.

That was what I was supposed to do right..... :-)

Huntingtyler123
09-09-2020, 06:30 PM
Comments are crazy I wish I could troll them haha. I bet they all eat meat also

Retiredguy
09-09-2020, 06:57 PM
Well we had to know that was coming. It has been too quiet on the anti front since their score on grizzly bear. They still have to get hunting for wolves and cougar shut down...then they will make another attempt at black bear or at the very least some of the methods used to take these animals. Like the use of dogs as an example.

Stay tuned kids as the never ending drama begins again with another wave of anti-hunting BS descends upon us. Lets hope it fails to gain traction due to Covid-19 and people having other issues to worry about.

huntingfamily
09-09-2020, 07:42 PM
I see that the originator of the petition is kelly Carson whom has an account within this hunting group. She is a ARA whom uses this site to take the pictures that hunters post for providing Intel to other animal rights groups. She is one of possible many within this group that need to be exposed.

There is a Kelly Carson fellow from Williams Lake area who is an avid hunter also...

Would Rather Be Fishing
09-09-2020, 07:42 PM
This stuff trigegrs me, though. Which is probably the intent? Are people really this far removed from reality or are those planted, organized comments by the people behind teh agenda? #tinfoilhatsshowfashionsense

All comments coming from mindless people in the Starbucks lineup wearing their coyote lined jackets. Laughable at best.

Downtown
09-09-2020, 09:00 PM
That Story is almost one year old.The old male Wolf was for a few Month on Discovery Island(bout 1 Mile off Oak Bay) eventually was relocated I believe near Shawnigan or Cowichan Lake and not long after legally killed by a Hunter. F&W did a autopsy and determined the Wolf was some 12 years old and definitely at the end of its Lifespan. Case closed.

Cheers

Ride Red
09-10-2020, 05:53 AM
This stuff trigegrs me, though. Which is probably the intent? Are people really this far removed from reality or are those planted, organized comments by the people behind teh agenda? #tinfoilhatsshowfashionsense

If you’ve ever been to the aquarium or a zoo over the years, listen to the comments when staff ask questions. So many people have been born in a bubble and haven’t a clue about the big outside world around them. Peer pressure from celebrities and groups like Peta promote themselves as saviors never showing their true colors or intentions. The majority of people are sheep and easily kept in line.
We went to the PBR tour ( pro bull riding) many years ago and there was a protest of cruelty to animals. This guy starts beaking off to me so I asked him if he knew where his leather jacket and shoes came from??? To that he was a little taken back; dumbass :(

Bugle M In
09-10-2020, 11:07 AM
Doesn't matter if others where born and raised in a bubble, the fact is (and we all know it), is that they "ARE".
Which means "this is the new new".

It means Hunting and any form of conservation measures will always be under attack now and in the future.
Taught in school, taught from the net, taught at the local zoo or during an outing to someones wolf farm etc.

In the end, we can talk about it here, but we are all on the same side of the fence, have the same opinion, so nothing is going to change by posting here, imo.

The only thing i can think of, it is to protect things like resident hunting (FN are already protected) and conservation measures (like wolf cull), is to
somehow find some form of legislation that will "always protect hunters, the hunting lifestyle and conservation measures".
Meaning, having a "legal stance" upheld, just like FN.
I dont know much about law and legislation, but i doubt the "hunting heritage act" really has much clout in anything that will be important, imo.
Need to have a legal right to "be at the table" when discussions on policy or resource extraction takes place, just like FN do now, but we dont.
Unless we find a way to have some legal posture, i dont see things getting better.
The only ones listening to us, is us.
Need more to go forward, or end up being extinct ourselves.
About the only creature the Anti's want to see become extinct.
(even though there stance on wolves, and no cull have allowed the Boo to become just that)

Sad604Man
09-11-2020, 08:41 AM
Looks like we can start our own petition on the change.org website. Maybe someone who is a better writer than me could put something together trying to bridge the gap between hunters and the public. Rather than screaming at each other maybe we communicate our side of the story with some cited facts from BC specific research. Rational discussion seems to be a skill of the past, its time that one side step up and drop the ego a big and maybe take a shot or two on the chin to help curate the conversation.