PDA

View Full Version : Novice looking for hunting buddy/mentor

halfanapress
09-05-2020, 11:07 PM
I'm a very new hunter in the Okanagan area but willing to travel. I'm looking for a hunting partner or partners for this fall hunting season.

I am a university student in his early 20s. If you're looking for company on hunting trips or would like to help a newbie learn the ropes (or know anyone who would) please message me.

I am happy to contribute gas money/bullets/dollar for trouble.

butcher
09-07-2020, 06:24 AM
If you're at UBCO there's a BHA chapter with folks that can help you right at the university. I can put you in touch with them if you PM me.

RyoTHC
09-07-2020, 07:58 AM
Unfortunately myself and hunting buddy head out for four weeks of chasing moose tomorrow, otherwise we are pretty local.. keep in touch, I should have a spare weekend or two during any buck season, or if you get help from someone else don't hesitate to hit us up for some spring bear action.. my favorite !

cameron0518
09-07-2020, 12:54 PM
I'm a very new hunter in the Okanagan area but willing to travel. I'm looking for a hunting partner or partners for this fall hunting season.

I am a university student in his early 20s. If you're looking for company on hunting trips or would like to help a newbie learn the ropes (or know anyone who would) please message me.

I am happy to contribute gas money/bullets/dollar for trouble.

What do you mean "dollar for trouble?"

Muliechaser
09-07-2020, 01:42 PM

Pretty cut and dry . As mentioned gas money , bullets , food, gear usage . The list is endless. I'm sure some would jump on that as "illegal guiding" or some dumb shit . And besides I'm sure when somebody takes him out it will most likely be probono except for the obvious

cameron0518
09-07-2020, 04:12 PM
Pretty cut and dry . As mentioned gas money , bullets , food, gear usage . The list is endless. I'm sure some would jump on that as "illegal guiding" or some dumb shit . And besides I'm sure when somebody takes him out it will most likely be probono except for the obvious

If it was cut and dry, the question wouldn't have been asked. Thanks for your interpretation of what the OP was getting at. Personally, I don't find any part of hunting troublesome.

halfanapress
09-08-2020, 01:50 PM
Butcher:

"If you're at UBCO there's a BHA chapter with folks that can help you right at the university. I can put you in touch with them if you PM me."

I'm actually in that club! they haven't been too active on their facebook/instagram pages, which is why I'm looking for folks here. ITs kina hard to network with them because new posts seem to directly to the bottom, beneath stickied official posts.

halfanapress
09-08-2020, 02:01 PM

I just mean to indicate that I don't expect a free ride. I'm not asking for commercial guiding services or anything like that., I intend to "chip in" if someone takes me out with thier truck/boat/atv etc., just as any decent person would.

halfanapress
10-01-2020, 10:23 PM
still on the hunt

Fella
10-02-2020, 09:26 AM
Sent you a pm

halfanapress
10-17-2020, 08:22 PM
Ended up going on a solo hunt up Myra. Didn't see any deer but hiked around the cut blocks and did find this cool 2pt skull. that I'll probably use to make rattles.

Still looking for people

halfanapress
10-17-2020, 08:29 PM
https://i.imgur.com/sa4OhLl.jpg

halfanapress
10-17-2020, 08:30 PM
Ended up going on a solo hunt up Myra. Didn't see any deer but hiked around the cut blocks and did find this cool 2pt skull. that I'll probably use to make rattles.

Still looking for people

Downwindtracker2
10-17-2020, 08:43 PM
Just slowly walking and quietly, will teach you. Look in the mud puddles, the tracks can be ancient or fresh enough for the water to be muddy still. Look at the browsing. Moose and deer do it differently.

Tracks make thin soup, they say, but a walk on crisp fall day is never a bad thing.

DC67
06-09-2021, 06:36 AM
Hey everyone,
Newly started and looking to build some steam in Canada, the hunt in common is looking to start a north american hunting mentorship organization to get people connected to eachother and get people introduced to hunting for the first time or gain some more experience. Formly the hunting collective chapters started through the popular meat eater network podcast The Hunting Collective with Ben O'Brien.
Whether you are interested in mentoring someone or looking for some help, check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/thcc...ter/?ref=share

We are developing a network of individuals that love the outdoors and want to share that common ground with others. Looking for Regional ambassadors across the country to help organize in person events, virtual happy hours to create connections and get involved in creating a healthy environment for new and less experienced hunters.
Big things are coming!

silveragent
06-09-2021, 06:50 AM
That link doesn't work.

This Content Isn't Available Right Now
When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted.

Go to News Feed

(https://www.facebook.com/)

DC67
06-09-2021, 07:10 AM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/thccanadianchapter/?ref=share