PDA

View Full Version : tipi tent

harder rd
10-18-2007, 07:19 PM
dose any one own or know some one that owns a tipi tent made by alpine outfitters. looks like a good tent but I do not know if it is worth the money. It looks a lot like the outback lodge from cabelas. Exept the cabelas tent is less than half the cost. Just looking to see if any one has any info on eather of them pro or con. Or if you have any recomendations i am all ears. Thanks

MattB
10-18-2007, 08:03 PM
www.tipitent.com

MIL720
10-18-2007, 08:23 PM
took a tipi-tent on a fly in this year.Over all was very good,the only flaw is that if you have to use an air tight wood stove for heat which we did,the material it is made of sweats alot.Holds up to ANY weather,and there is alot of room inside.

Why not?
10-19-2007, 11:02 PM
I have used the Cabela's Outback Lodge tent. It is a very good tent that really withstands wind and poor weather. Good vents to get rid of moisture, but that don't let rain or snow in.

It takes a bit more time to set up than the free-standing tents, but once up is almost bomb-proof. :)

Ted

Thunderstix
10-20-2007, 06:20 AM
More to my comments in the PM, the Alpine ones are extremely well made.

dukester
10-21-2007, 09:27 PM
I have used the Cabela's Outback Lodge tent. It is a very good tent that really withstands wind and poor weather. Good vents to get rid of moisture, but that don't let rain or snow in.

It takes a bit more time to set up than the free-standing tents, but once up is almost bomb-proof. :)

Ted

2nd this one .. I also have used this tent .. 8 day elk hunt ft st john.. lotsa room it would take a hell of a wind to knock it over.. tie downs right around. and a fly for the inside floor. easy cleaning..