PDA

View Full Version : 7-16 Zone C - I'm back =D

GrizGuy92
10-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Make a long story short... Skunked.

Nah, we drove out on the 12th got out there around 8:30, set up camp at 1 KM on the North Olson road, had our dinner etc etc. Around 10 pm we are gettin into bed and my grandpa comes into the trailer and asks me if I knew what he did with the generator cord... I told him he put it in the garage... Ohhh problem, slept in the cold trailer that night.. Next day on Saturday we go up the Rainbow and up on what we call 'the loop' just before we come into the cut block a BIG BULL walks out onto the road, it looked at us and kept on going. We started down the road for about 2 feet and SLAM grandpa hits the breaks! 2 Moose on the side of the road, 1 walks out, its a bull also.
There was the other 1, as my grandma is getting setup so if its a cow we can just take the shot (she had a draw), but it walks out and its also a bull.

We did the loop and came back for lunch, for the evening hunt we go down the Sawtooth and see crows flyin outta the ditch, so we figure theres a gut pile, we drive up... Nope not a gut pile, a WHOLE cow moose dead in the ditch. We never saw anything that day or the next 2 days.

Some guy shot at a black bear on our lucky little stretch of road, so we figured it would have ruined it and moose wouldn't cross there anymore. So we just kept on truckin!

It was probably Monday and we went to our little loop road but decided to walk another road that had a wash out on it and lots of brush, we walked for about 20 minutes and I heard something across the lake, we stop and its a cow calling... We thought it would be the whining when the cow doesn't want to mate with a bull.... Then after we hear a bull grunting from the other end of the lake, and another bull grunting near the cow.. After about 15 minutes of listening we heard ANOTHER bull grunting it was closer, probably right on the other side of the lake from us, so my grandpa starts calling, and sure enough here comes a bull takes him about 2 minutes to get into sight, but as soon as he saw the water he wasn't mad enough to come across to us so we can watch for abit.

Tuesday in the morning we went back to that spot, and sure enough we heard the cow first again, then the bulls grunting. No bulls showed themselves but a cow came out into the open, too far to shoot, about 500 yards. We walked back to the truck and started truckin again.

Wednesday a truck pulls up into camp and it was a guy we've been talkin to, he had been watchin the stretch where the guy had shot at the black bear. He told us we was walkin that road and he heard somethin and looked over the bank and saw about 5 crows sittin on a pile of logs, on the way back he looked over again, a whole cow lying there and mud all around.. He took 1 more lap by and heard a really wierd noise, looked over, and theres a big ol' grizz eatin the cow, it looked up at him and kept eatin, the guy just left and decided we wasn't gonna put up with the bear anymore.

That night we go up to our loop again, I said I needed to get out and take care of business, if you know what I mean... BUT ANYWAYS my grandpa said we will stop when we see a moose, then my grandma told me to hold it in because we arn't gonna see any moose, sure enough! Come around the corner and he slams on the breaks, theres a cow! It was about a 200 yard shot, she missed, owell. We looked around but couldnt see anything.

Then thursday we never saw nothin, I came home and they are still out there till sunday huntin!

Hope they get somethin, I need some steaks!

Ohwell, I had fun out in the bush, saw some nice bulls that at the moment wished I got the bull tag.

Thanks for readin!

~~~James.

The Hermit
10-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Good for you seeing all that action up there... I was in 7-16 B and saw diddly squat!

BCrams
10-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Lots of moose in 7-16 B !!

GrizGuy92
10-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Just got the call about 30 minutes ago.
They got the cow!

Schmaus
10-19-2007, 09:28 AM
I was up that way on the weekend you were there but I was hunting a couple of roads just before you hit the seabach off the north fraser. I seen one bull and one cow that weekend, didn't see much after it started raining on saturday.