PDA

View Full Version : Cold fish Lake cabins

BCwildgamer
09-01-2020, 01:55 AM
I'm heading into Cold Fish lake in a few weeks. Anyone been into the Cabins recently? Are they all locked up, or open for use? Same question for the cook station, and meat hanging locker. Any info is appreciated.
Thanks

Cordillera
09-01-2020, 06:36 AM
Pretty sure they are Closed for the season.

BCwildgamer
09-01-2020, 04:33 PM
That's what I've heard....just wondering if anyone has actually been to them recently and found out otherwise.

BCHunterTV
09-01-2020, 04:51 PM
my friend flies into there in 4 days..

BCwildgamer
09-01-2020, 07:11 PM
Nice! Any update (if you get any) would be great. What are they hunting?

BCHunterTV
09-01-2020, 09:12 PM
caribou...leh

Nice! Any update (if you get any) would be great. What are they hunting?

ccrcc
09-02-2020, 08:02 AM
The cabins are currently closed.

ryanb
09-02-2020, 08:23 AM
Are they locked up? Isn't that a violation of generally accepted practices of leaving backcountry cabins open for emergencies? I'd be very surprised if they are locked, but I'm not there to confirm.

BCwildgamer
09-02-2020, 09:31 AM
This is exactly what I'm thinking. They say they are closed for the season, but are they actually locked? In case of an emergency, it'd be nice to know if they are accessible. I'm looking for insight from someone that has physically been to the cabins recently.

CCRCC...have you been to the lake recently, or is this information just coming off the BC Parks website?

ccrcc
09-02-2020, 10:18 AM
Met a couple guys that went a couple weeks back and they ended up camping at the cabins.
The outfit flying you in would know the current status but if there isnt a caretaker, Id be hesitant to assume you could access them. Sorry I cant be more helpful than that.

Downtown
09-02-2020, 10:42 AM
Are they locked up? Isn't that a violation of generally accepted practices of leaving backcountry cabins open for emergencies? I'd be very surprised if they are locked, but I'm not there to confirm.

Stay off Private property, don't even "check it out".
The Owners pay for Land lease, License of occupation, Land Taxes ect. If the Cabins are not locked with an actual lock its make it harder to prosecute.

If one has a real emergency not just being inconvenienced break in, no Court will convict you, but be prepared to explain and pay for repairs & damages.

Only a Liberal mind which expects everything for free will have a problem with this.

Cheers

Visle
09-02-2020, 12:25 PM
Got the attached off the web. Think all your answers are here.http://bcparks.ca//explore/parkpgs/spatsizi/

ryanb
09-02-2020, 05:23 PM
Stay off Private property, don't even "check it out".
The Owners pay for Land lease, License of occupation, Land Taxes ect. If the Cabins are not locked with an actual lock its make it harder to prosecute.

If one has a real emergency not just being inconvenienced break in, no Court will convict you, but be prepared to explain and pay for repairs & damages.

Only a Liberal mind which expects everything for free will have a problem with this.

Cheers

Boy you're a real piece of work...no wonder this forum has died a slow death. The cabins are public property, bc parks.

Downtown
09-02-2020, 07:04 PM
Perhaps you want to check a Dictionary what Private means, obviously you don't know as is common for most Liberals & Greens !

Cheers

BCwildgamer
09-03-2020, 11:46 AM
Yes, I'm aware of the posting on BC Parks. I know they say they are closed for the season, no park host, etc.
Just looking to see if they are a actually accessible, in case of emergency....if they are actually locked up, or have been left open for possible emergency use.

Ron.C
09-03-2020, 12:46 PM
Christ boys, seems we can argue about just about everything these days.....

To the OP, If it's an emergency and if the cabins are locked, bust the lock off. Pretty sure a life or death emergency will warrant entry.

My bet is if the cabins aren't locked, people will just disregard the order and use them anyway.

http://bcparks.ca//explore/parkpgs/spatsizi/

June 30, 2020Cold Fish Lake Camp facilities closed for the season

All facilities at Cold Fish Lake Camp are closed to visitors for the 2020 season. This decision has been made to ensure the continued health and safety of BC Parks visitors, employees, park contractors, volunteers and partners, and to support efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19.