PDA

View Full Version : woohoo,,less than 2 weeks to go

B-rad
08-28-2020, 10:03 AM
well,,,,we all for the most part almost done the count down sequence till opening day,,,less than 2 weeks to go,,,cant come fast enough.Finished all my scouting in all 4 corners of the loops,,,,,,and things looking pretty good,,,,,,,lots water this year,,,,been seeing alot of ducks/geese in areas that i havent seen them in for at least 5-6 years,,gonna be a good water fowl banger this year,,,,,,,,,grouse numbers seem to be a bit on the low side this year,,,,but have seen a few decent pockets holding some good blues and ruffies,,,,,and small handfull of spruce,,,,,,rabbit numbers still seem alittle patchy as well,,,,but there still a few good pockets of em around,,,,,,my whitetail spots seem to be aprox the same as last year,,,,averaging seeing 1 buck to every 6-10 does,,,,,,mule deer same as last year so far as i can tell,,,,,,i have a spot picked out finally out of city limits to take a crack at some of these collared doves,,,,all in all,,,,should be an awesome year,,,,,,cant wait to really get back into the whitetail frame of mind,,,,,,,all tagged up and ready to let er rip,,,,,sure there is TONS of others with that itch and ready to scratch,,,,,,,,,,wish you all the best of luck this year,,,,,,,B-rad

butcher
08-28-2020, 10:11 AM
Two weeks? What have you been doing? Seasons been hot and heavy for almost a month!

HarryToolips
08-28-2020, 10:33 AM
I'm seeing a decent amount of WT bucks & does with a good buck/doe ratio from my observations...I saw a absolute hammer in a area when I was fishing so I'll be trying to target that guy.....my other primary goals for this season will be to harvest my first 6 pt elk, and to harvest a deer while my 7 year old son is with me...lol him and I found a good little pocket of WT's where we set up a T cam so harvesting a buck in that area where we scouted together would be extremely rewarding...

RyoTHC
08-28-2020, 10:34 AM
Two weeks? What have you been doing? Seasons been hot and heavy for almost a month!

we are in Kamloops. Fun doesn’t start until the 10th!

B-rad
08-28-2020, 10:37 AM
lol,,,,only thing i can be doing right now,,,huntin rabbit and scouting,,,,,,counting trees,,,pine cones,,,,,braiding the grass,,,,,

RyoTHC
08-28-2020, 10:49 AM
lol,,,,only thing i can be doing right now,,,huntin rabbit and scouting,,,,,,counting trees,,,pine cones,,,,,braiding the grass,,,,,

Be more productive. Find all the trail cameras other hunters put in YOUR area and pee on them ^^

butcher
08-28-2020, 12:00 PM
we are in Kamloops. Fun doesn’t start until the 10th!

I get it, I’m close to you, but trucks have wheels, Highways lead to other regions, etc.

RyoTHC
08-28-2020, 01:06 PM
I get it, I’m close to you, but trucks have wheels, Highways lead to other regions, etc.

absolutely, but I put in dozens and dozens of hours scouting locally, might as well use that than go somewhere else for a shot in the dark.. an extra month to prepare doesn’t hurt either I mean it feels like just yesterday I was bear hunting lol

butcher
08-28-2020, 01:47 PM
You're right. There's a lot of untapped local hunting. I'm just impatient, September 10 is so far away!

B-rad
08-28-2020, 02:43 PM
Be more productive. Find all the trail cameras other hunters put in YOUR area and pee on them ^^,,,,,,lmao,,,i guess that would make for some interesting trail cam footage

RyoTHC
08-28-2020, 02:53 PM
,,,,,,lmao,,,i guess that would make for some interesting trail cam footage

rookie. You stand behind it and pee, just looks like it’s raining then !

boilerroom
08-28-2020, 05:35 PM
It can't come soon enough!!!

I'm trying a new area for me this year - south of Savona. Looks like cool country and hoping for some blues and ruffies when I go up with my daughter on the 10th. I'll have tags for whitetails and muleys but without knowing the area yet I have no idea if that's even feasible. boilerroom

well,,,,we all for the most part almost done the count down sequence till opening day,,,less than 2 weeks to go,,,cant come fast enough.Finished all my scouting in all 4 corners of the loops,,,,,,and things looking pretty good,,,,,,,lots water this year,,,,been seeing alot of ducks/geese in areas that i havent seen them in for at least 5-6 years,,gonna be a good water fowl banger this year,,,,,,,,,grouse numbers seem to be a bit on the low side this year,,,,but have seen a few decent pockets holding some good blues and ruffies,,,,,and small handfull of spruce,,,,,,rabbit numbers still seem alittle patchy as well,,,,but there still a few good pockets of em around,,,,,,my whitetail spots seem to be aprox the same as last year,,,,averaging seeing 1 buck to every 6-10 does,,,,,,mule deer same as last year so far as i can tell,,,,,,i have a spot picked out finally out of city limits to take a crack at some of these collared doves,,,,all in all,,,,should be an awesome year,,,,,,cant wait to really get back into the whitetail frame of mind,,,,,,,all tagged up and ready to let er rip,,,,,sure there is TONS of others with that itch and ready to scratch,,,,,,,,,,wish you all the best of luck this year,,,,,,,B-rad

tigrr
08-28-2020, 08:27 PM
Black Bear Sept 1st. Eating Saskatoon berries. Blue meat= blue sausage.

srupp
08-28-2020, 09:11 PM
Black Bear Sept 1st. Eating Saskatoon berries. Blue meat= blue sausage.

That's my personal favorite bear meat...fall bears gorging on berries..
Have fun..be safe..the grizzly populatiion in your postal code is impressive..
Straight shooting
Cheers
Steven

RyoTHC
08-28-2020, 09:21 PM
That's my personal favorite bear meat...fall bears gorging on berries..
Have fun..be safe..the grizzly populatiion in your postal code is impressive..
Straight shooting
Cheers
Steven

You guys are making me hungry. Mmmm

tigrr
08-29-2020, 07:45 AM
First is a big grizzly and the second is a big black bear.
https://i.postimg.cc/tg4F0BFw/IMG-3665.jpg (https://postimg.cc/k2L2KF1v)
https://i.postimg.cc/8CXMTLH5/IMG-3666.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Tymp9LBM)

browningboy
08-29-2020, 08:00 AM
Think the second one was mine after having 3 bowls of borshe!

Huntingtyler123
08-29-2020, 09:42 AM
Can’t wait! Sept 12 we will be on the tuchodi river going after moose or elk. Have been living off of my spring bear so far, may need a second freezer if the stars align this coming trip

B-rad
08-29-2020, 10:08 AM
my 1st hunt on the 10th,,,i think gonna be a duck/goose hunt,,,,,have a 3 pond chain i hunt,,,and its chalked full of birds already,,,,,,lots mallards/shovellers,green wing teal,,,and a handfull of wideon and aprox 25-30 geese,,,,,i usually dont ramp up my deer hunts till end of september,,,,,but,,,my scouting is done,,,,,so im not to concerned about it,,,,,im confident again this year bout harvesting my 2 whitetail and mulie

B-rad
08-29-2020, 02:54 PM
im thinking of tryin out using bow for 1 or 2 hunts this year for ducks/geese,,,,,,,every year i have lots that come inside the 15-20 yard mark in the decoys,,,,think it be pretty neat to say iv done it,,,and was successfull trying it out,,,,might even throw the go-pro on and video it,,,,,will see though,,,not much compares to knocking a bird outa the air though with a well timed 12 gauge though,,,lol