PDA

View Full Version : Crossbow Bow Season Ban

Tred
08-26-2020, 05:51 PM
Hello Everyone. I recall there being talk of a ban on crossbows or crossbow scopes at the beginning of the year. I can only find old information about it from when it was occurring. What was the final verdict. Did our protest make a difference?

tracker
08-26-2020, 05:56 PM
crossbows are good to go , they had a problem with the scopes I think..

338edgehunter
08-26-2020, 06:08 PM
Cross bows and crossbows with scope are good to go during archery season we won

Tred
08-27-2020, 10:18 AM
Cross bows and crossbows with scope are good to go during archery season we won

I had read something sounding like that, but wanted to hear it from someone else.thanks

Ron.C
08-27-2020, 10:41 AM
As stated, no new ban or restriction on crossbows or crossbow scopes. Best bet is to refer to the current online regulation synopsis. Any equipment restrictions will be promulgated there. Any changes to the current synopsis also get highlighted so hunters can stay up to date.

bcsteve
08-27-2020, 11:26 AM
Crossbows still allowed they took out some of the seasons instead.

Bigdoggdon
08-27-2020, 05:01 PM
Specifically they closed the region 6 Oct 1-8 bull moose bow season and started an archery LEH draw

J_T
08-28-2020, 08:05 AM
Specifically they closed the region 6 Oct 1-8 bull moose bow season and started an archery LEH draw
This is correct. Some users called for the removal of crossbows from this BOS while others advocated there was no data to support the removal. The removal of scope from a crossbow during archery season was considered and put out for public engagement. With the feedback received, Government chose to go with removal of the archery season and the implementation of the Archery LEH.

I can't say the entire discussion was without bias from all users, or that the solution is a viable and logical solution. But it's here now.