PDA

View Full Version : Moose hunters in the peace area be careful.

bruce44
08-25-2020, 09:35 PM

These 2 men in the 7B area tried to claim someone elses moose. A hunter had shot and bled the moose and went back to ask for help. When he came back these 2 hunters claimed the kill was theirs and had the head cut off already. When the real shooter informed these 2 that the CO and RCMP were on their way, these 2 men ran away.

CO are looking to identify these two.

RyoTHC
08-25-2020, 10:17 PM
Only a face a mother could love, explains why the dudes scummy enough to try to take credit for someone else’s hard work.

maybe they will get doxed and the COs will find them easily.

BeerMan
08-26-2020, 06:04 AM
Nice! I wonder if the buffoons cut a tag too?

srthomas75
08-26-2020, 06:26 AM
skeptical. no mention of where. [ 7B is big] they ran off? how did they get there? the picture doesn't look authentic to me, etc........

Ride Red
08-26-2020, 07:30 AM
Well, if this is true, they’d be needing some dental assistance if it were my animal. I’ve had to explain the ramifications on a couple of occasions to guys in a truck about casing hunting camps and the outcome in which they deemed leaving the area a better option than the one presented.

adriaticum
08-26-2020, 07:37 AM
Post this on Facebook, somebody will recognize them

Pioneerman
08-26-2020, 07:39 AM
Post this on Facebook, somebody will recognize them

It is posted on FB already

REMINGTON JIM
08-26-2020, 08:03 AM
That's QUITE the Storey - Very HARD to Believe :razz: that people would be so BOLD ! jmo RJ

bruce44
08-26-2020, 08:19 AM
skeptical. no mention of where. [ 7B is big] they ran off? how did they get there? the picture doesn't look authentic to me, etc........
I had to crop the pic because the website said it was too big. Go to Prince George fishing on facebook. This didn't happen to me, I'm just spreading these guys faces because CO's are looking for them. If you know them, tell them to contact the CO. In the facebook posts, they have a SXS that they rode off on. The OP didn't mention where in 7B but since it's open bull moose season, it's pretty obvious it's around chetwynd, fsj, wonowon area.

bruce44
08-26-2020, 08:34 AM
https://imgur.com/a/yYOFreB

I don't know if I did that right, but here is a pic of one of the guys and their side by side.

leadpillproductions
08-26-2020, 08:49 AM
Thanks for info skum bags

Downwindtracker2
08-26-2020, 08:53 AM
I' ve heard stories like this, so it does happen.

huntingfamily
08-26-2020, 08:57 AM
They've been identified. Carry on...

browningboy
08-26-2020, 09:16 AM
Did they gut it at least? LOL

Muliechaser
08-26-2020, 09:41 AM
Looks like the one guy is a goof for sure . Remember age is just a number .

lakelander
08-26-2020, 10:01 AM
The goof even offered the royal salute on his way out..shameful. Brave of the guy, 2 on 1 could have turned nasty!

adriaticum
08-26-2020, 10:12 AM
They should never be allowed to have a hunting license again

Ron.C
08-26-2020, 10:24 AM
Wow. Boggles my mind someone would even think of doing this in place of waiting for the hunter to return and offering them a hand. That said, I saw 2 guys nearly come to blows last year over who shot a duck so I shouldnt be to surprised.

Just curious, what charges/fines/warnings could a CO or RCMP lay in a case like this?

If they didnt kill the moose I can see something relating to improperly cancelling a tag, but anything beyond that??? Is a game animal you legally kill considered your property/posession once you cut your tag?

Ferenc
08-26-2020, 10:48 AM
One thing if you have to leave it especially on a moose is to cut its bell off that hangs under the chin.

Banker
08-26-2020, 11:10 AM
Document your hunt.

Take a ton if pictures after the shot. Mark your meat (leave small patch of fur in select spot on each quarter) and photograph entire procedure including bagging before and after. This not only helps to uniquely identify your claim, but helps the CO to identify species quickly. I also mark the spot in IHunter - with photo at the time.

Don't forget to take pics of the gut pile to show what you left behind. If you are challenged, the CO will be able to see what is documented and compare your pictures to fact. The CO will be judge and jury right on the spot if you have solid proof.

It will take time to see the CO though as he is looking after a section of land the size of Sweden up there.

I am up there in just about 4 weeks, hope I don't run into those two, nobody wants that headache.

08-26-2020, 11:27 AM
Face book says he has been identified

lakelander
08-26-2020, 12:03 PM
Just mark your kill with spray paint..."Do not touch, RCMP notified". Job done.

MichelD
08-26-2020, 12:10 PM
Face book says he has been identified

What Facebook page?

Vortex hunter
08-26-2020, 12:39 PM
Some people are stupid....... They be getting some lime thrown on them lmafo kidding but they sure be going to get dental work done forsure Zero F#cks giving doing that period. you touch my stuff , kid , misses your gonna get hurt bad period...Vortex

walks with deer
08-26-2020, 01:27 PM
it could have more two the story...

busy area both people shot at it?
buddy who is claiming of the issue shot it and left it sitting along time no jacket on it?

i normally leace a orange jacket hat vest ect on it if i have to leave it so people know i am coming back...

many animals get shot poorly and people dont look for them...and or dont find them...done that fixing someone elses mess with 1 whitetail.1 bear and one moose..

and have seen many animals 200yds off the road with a gutbshot rotting.

Bigdoggdon
08-26-2020, 04:36 PM
Was there another bullet in it. Happened to me once, shot a deer I saw in a slash. Got to it just as another hunter came out of the timber and thanked me for finishing off his deer. Rolled the buck over to see he'd been gutshot in addition to the one I'd put in his chest. Yup all yours buddy.

08-27-2020, 07:50 AM
I cant remember.
one of the Admin is Hamilton.

BRvalley
08-27-2020, 08:40 AM
I first saw it posted in the prince george fishing group, and it was shared to other groups from there, including the two big bc hunting groups and the 250 groups I think I saw it too

the original post did say at least one of the guys has been ID'ed

HikerHunter
08-27-2020, 05:20 PM
Was there another bullet in it. Happened to me once, shot a deer I saw in a slash. Got to it just as another hunter came out of the timber and thanked me for finishing off his deer. Rolled the buck over to see he'd been gutshot in addition to the one I'd put in his chest. Yup all yours buddy.
omfg what are the chances?! too bad. lol

swampthing
08-27-2020, 06:23 PM
Dont most hunters hunt to "hunt"? Meat is just a by product of "the hunt"! I would guess maybe they were starving to death but as far as appearance goes they look pretty well fed! I really have a hard time understanding why you would steal a dead animal?

bruce44
08-28-2020, 10:51 AM
Dont most hunters hunt to "hunt"? Meat is just a by product of "the hunt"! I would guess maybe they were starving to death but as far as appearance goes they look pretty well fed! I really have a hard time understanding why you would steal a dead animal?
Yeah I have never been that desperate to get a moose. I understand if it was a misunderstanding. Like many have said, they could have thought it was an animal that the original shooter couldn't find. But when the original shooter identified himself, they should have backed out. Instead they acted like it was there's.

On a related note. I got a new tip out of this. Apparently people are saying cut an ear or tail off, and if anyone tries to argue, you can pull out the item when the CO shows up.

MontyLake
08-28-2020, 11:32 AM
Yeah I have never been that desperate to get a moose. I understand if it was a misunderstanding. Like many have said, they could have thought it was an animal that the original shooter couldn't find. But when the original shooter identified himself, they should have backed out. Instead they acted like it was there's.

On a related note. I got a new tip out of this. Apparently people are saying cut an ear or tail off, and if anyone tries to argue, you can pull out the item when the CO shows up.

Be careful about cutting the tail off if you're not leaving 6 square cm of fur on somewhere else.

A person must, while returning from hunting, keep the antlers or horns of wildlife killed during an antler/ horn restricted season (e.g., 6 pt, full curl, spike-fork, etc.) and the species licence under which the wildlife was killed, together and available for inspection by an officer. (1) For caribou, elk or moose, the animal’s tail or another readily identifiable part of the hide not less than 6 cm2 , AND: (i) If the animal is male, a testicle or part of the penis, (ii) If the animal is female, a portion of the udder or teats.