PDA

View Full Version : Mule deer Hunting by boat

steelheadSABO
08-23-2020, 09:35 PM
I’m looking to take my jetboat out this fall and do some camping/hunting. Was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of a fairly easy navigable river Or lake where I could camp and do some mule deer hunting? North Thompson? And launches? From google maps it seems highways parallel most water ways. Any info helps thanks

tinhorse
08-23-2020, 11:06 PM
If you are willing to go north the peace around the Taylor flats is great. Better later on when its colder but moose and elk, white tails and miles are in the area.

Ride Red
08-24-2020, 06:16 AM
I’m looking to take my jetboat out this fall and do some camping/hunting. Was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of a fairly easy navigable river Or lake where I could camp and do some mule deer hunting? North Thompson? And launches? From google maps it seems highways parallel most water ways. Any info helps thanks

I’ve launched in Clearwater, but most of the land going north looks like private property. Not sure what low fall river conditions would be like but the 2 areas I’d watch are the rail bridge and the one boulder garden up another 6-8km.

LuckyHorseshoe
08-24-2020, 07:57 AM
Okanagan lake, Kamloops lake no problems to launch or find spots to hunt. Fraser canyon, but that would need some prescouting or more experience navigating it, there are rapids around that you can’t pass.