PDA

View Full Version : moose in 5 02 any luck

marcocor
10-18-2007, 12:33 PM
heading up to 502 d on sunday ,north end of 502, got a moose draw and this will be my first moose hunt . Has anybody been seeing action for moose or deer.I looked at he caleder and there is going to be little or no moon while i am there could someone settle theis for for me and my buddy Good or Bad for hunting

PS gotta say that I am new to this site and I cant believe how great the guys have been guysd on other sites have been so tight lipped well enough blowin smoke thanks

HighCountry
10-18-2007, 12:59 PM
You should have no problem getting you moose in reg 5-02.

dime
10-19-2007, 12:38 PM
We were up Mcleese lake way earlier this year. Did not see a single moose, not even cows or calves. Having hunted there for quite a few years, sadly this will probably be our last. We saw a couple of spike bucks but nowhere near the number of deer in years past. The army of guys on quads probably had something to do with it, not since they had the immature bull moose opening have I seen so many hunters in such a small area. Next year we are going out Kamloops way.

srupp
10-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Dime its pretty much the same all over the Cariboo...one little "secret spot " I know I went back into a week back there were 8 vehicles..campers..trucks ..etc etc and at least as many quads...they had 5 bucks and 3 does(leh's)..and this was way back and very difficult to find and get to...I hadnt seen 8 hunters in there in the last 10 years...

Steven