PDA

View Full Version : Denying Access To Crown Lands Of Northern BC

Clarky
08-21-2020, 11:26 AM
To all British Columbian hunters, anyone who hunts the Province of BC this 2020 season will likely see some ripple affect of the situation currently taking place in Region 6. There are other regions being affected and some that have no open season yet that will be affected . Our elected Government has deemed hunting an essential service . This simply means that we all have the right to hunt without conflict . The same Government has also given FN people’s the right to protect their designated lands which they reside in , to protect their direct communities from Covid 19. They can restrict access to their community but not the land outside of this community. All of us hunters have the legal right to enter and recreate on any Crown Land unless otherwise specified by the Province of British Columbia or the Government of Canada. It’s is legal to protest against something within this province but it is equally legal to access public property. Territorial Land is “Our Land “ all of us , we all have the right to be there . Do not let anyone tell you otherwise . Law enforcement officers are sworn to uphold the law and if you are being threatened or illegally detained , call the police . We all need to band together in tough times and take a stance for what is important to us . I personally live for my time in the wilderness every year , I cherish it . That being said , nobody will ever take that away from me . I have contacted many levels of Government and I am far from finished . I will call every day until they get so sick of hearing from me that they may decide it’s time to Act . We all need to be that royal pain in their A**es for this to be given some serious thought by our elected official. Together we can make changes , but it takes all of us to do so . We cannot give up and lose what means so much to us all . “Anything worth while , is worth fighting for “ .. UNITY

Cabled
08-21-2020, 11:31 AM
To all British Columbian hunters, anyone who hunts the Province of BC this 2020 season will likely see some ripple affect of the situation currently taking place in Region 6. There are other regions being affected and some that have no open season yet that will be affected . Our elected Government has deemed hunting an essential service . This simply means that we all have the right to hunt without conflict . The same Government has also given FN people’s the right to protect their designated lands which they reside in , to protect their direct communities from Covid 19. They can restrict access to their community but not the land outside of this community. All of us hunters have the legal right to enter and recreate on any Crown Land unless otherwise specified by the Province of British Columbia or the Government of Canada. It’s is legal to protest against something within this province but it is equally legal to access public property. Territorial Land is “Our Land “ all of us , we all have the right to be there . Do not let anyone tell you otherwise . Law enforcement officers are sworn to uphold the law and if you are being threatened or illegally detained , call the police . We all need to band together in tough times and take a stance for what is important to us . I personally live for my time in the wilderness every year , I cherish it . That being said , nobody will ever take that away from me . I have contacted many levels of Government and I am far from finished . I will call every day until they get so sick of hearing from me that they may decide it’s time to Act . We all need to be that royal pain in their A**es for this to be given some serious thought by our elected official. Together we can make changes , but it takes all of us to do so . We cannot give up and lose what means so much to us all . “Anything worth while , is worth fighting for “ .. UNITY
Agreed on all points, just wanted to add be sure to read Robs thread on the BC wildlife federation forum, lots of useful info for those that want to engage politically.

338edgehunter
08-21-2020, 03:46 PM
Thats why if possible travel in a group of 4 or more people and if possible convoy of 2-3 vehicals and if possible have dash cams

Spy
08-21-2020, 03:47 PM
Ok so did the Gov not say we have a right to hunt and fish during this “pandemic”?

Retiredguy
08-21-2020, 04:30 PM
Thats why if possible travel in a group of 4 or more people and if possible convoy of 2-3 vehicals and if possible have dash cams

Completely agree. Dash cams and cell phone video, etc. The more footage you have the less likely it is that the roadblock crew will get out of line. If they do you will have lots of video showing exactly what took place. It will be very important with these sorts of occurrences as the easiest people to charge are the licensed hunters. All you have to think about is what took place with all of the FN protesting and blockades in the last three ring circus that took place in support of the Hereditary Chiefs over the PNG pipeline. The authorities would never have tolerated that from regular tax payers/resident licensed hunters. It would have been straight to the crowbar hotel.