PDA

View Full Version : Mu 5 15 c

b.c hunter 88
08-20-2020, 07:02 PM
Anyone know of any access problems in this area with road blocks ?
Got the LEH for sept 10 to 30th for moose. i know the area i have hunted grizzly and black bears in this area never really see anyone but never know what them fn are up to.

Thanks
Kevin

srupp
08-21-2020, 07:48 AM
Hmm nothing of that sort in there for 30 years I've been going in..
Natives thought that area was bad..now it's ALL about the $$$$$..still haven't seen email in there.
Srupp

55Ryder
09-01-2020, 01:49 PM
Hi there. Forgive me if I’m on the wrong thread. I’m trying to figure this computer stuff out. I’ve got a LEH moose draw in 515 B. I’m trying to hire a barge across Quesnel lake. I saw on previous posts you are familiar with this area. Do you have a contact for a fella named Bayette. I’ve heard he can be hired to take quads across. Thanks for your help.

srupp
09-01-2020, 02:55 PM
Hi there. Forgive me if I’m on the wrong thread. I’m trying to figure this computer stuff out. I’ve got a LEH moose draw in 515 B. I’m trying to hire a barge across Quesnel lake. I saw on previous posts you are familiar with this area. Do you have a contact for a fella named Bayette. I’ve heard he can be hired to take quads across. Thanks for your help.
Hmm quads are not helpful or needed really..Bayette" is getting filled up and wealthy.
Pm with a ph number getting ready to leave on Sat for 6 weeks hunting.
Cheers

Srupp

55Ryder
09-01-2020, 07:55 PM
My number is 604 835 1608. Any advice regarding the area would be a huge help. If the hassle of organizing quads across the lake is not needed, well then you’ve already helped me a great deal. Thank you.

Drillbit
09-01-2020, 08:53 PM
Bayette is horsefly plumbing

I know of 6 other groups going up there this fall, gonna be busy on the little stretches of rd n river.......

To the OP
no roadblocks I've heard of in 5-15c

TimberPig
09-01-2020, 08:54 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?159585-Area-5-15-Zone-B-Moose-Quesnel-Lake

Here’s a recent thread that may be of some help as well.

Trks
09-02-2020, 12:33 PM
Hi Ryder, if interested pm for Beat’s contact info, he’s not cheap though at 150/hr. He’s taking a group over on sep 09, and another group on oct 01. My group is planning on going into coral/wasko lakes area from sep 23-30. When is your draw and where are you headed? Sounds like it might get a little busy in there. Drillbit, do you know the timing of the other guys heading in there? Hoping to avoid too many people as there’s not a lot of room in there. Srupp, interested in hearing your take on not getting quads in there as we’ve had a hard time in the past getting to what we think are the better areas. Draws are coming up quick, good luck to all out there

srupp
09-02-2020, 03:56 PM
Hmm not at liberty to share others confidential hunting plans..
However
1 not many roads there in first place
2 most have been deactivated..
3 not much use for $$$$ quads in there
4 INSANE amount of hunters..there ARE places in that draw that don't require boats..know your draw zone boundaries
There is active logging in there ? So I have been told..means roads and heavy equipment..not a place to start shooting..nor will moose hang out in active logging..
Cheers
Steven

tigrr
09-02-2020, 05:55 PM
Is this the same dude who got hit by a logging truck? That is doing the barging?

Trks
09-02-2020, 07:46 PM
Yeah that’s him, he was pieced back together, very lucky to be alive. He’s doing much better now just a little slower moving then he was. Srupp as far as I know they’ve moved back out of the area. They rebuilt the roads from the coral into wasko and apparently some new ones. I heard the road towards roaring is still out though. They have yet to log it though because they haven’t figured how to get the trucks out yet. I heard they’re looking at bringing up a new very large barge to take out multiple full loads to the reload at once, but also heard talk of a road around the back way to likely so who knows. I was there 3 weeks ago and everything was gone, I didn’t get very far up there though. We did think about the ghost lake route which I’m assuming your talking about, I’ve never been there but heard it gets very busy there. Starting to look like the coral will be busy too. To the other guys with the draw thinking about heading in there be prepared to anchor your boat or beach it, westfraser’s been kicking people off the docks all summer, even flying in on a heli to do so. The Rodger just got kicked off again this last weekend

srupp
09-02-2020, 08:09 PM
Hmm last barge sank. .Mr Neil's must have lost his shirt retrieving the equipment..truck..

Hmm no amount of logs wood justify even looking at road into the junction area..north end of North arm environmental no go zone. .
It's going to be busy is the only certainty.

$1,000 ? For quads into the open rd..yikes beef is cheaper..may be gridlock .?
Good luck
Srupp

TimberPig
09-02-2020, 08:26 PM
The majority of the roads up there were deactivated for caribou habitat, and most of the North arm is off limits to further logging. Only the Wasko area and a few other bits are open for harvesting.

Trks
09-02-2020, 08:39 PM
That’s good to hear the road was just a rumour, and most future logging is off limits, be the worst thing that could happen to the area. Yes not cheap, first time cost us 600 but the lake was glass, bad weather equals more cash, divided by the 4 of us not so bad. 3 more weeks to make up our mind. Will hear from the guy in there the week before us so that could change our decision, might end up hunting from the boat if it’s deemed not worth it