PDA

View Full Version : 2020 6-29 tat

Hunt247
08-17-2020, 04:18 PM
Hey guys just wondering who’s been up to 6-29 this year or who else is going and what the sheep numbers are like. I’m heading up there next month on a solo trip and any info would be greatly appreciated.

srupp
08-17-2020, 04:30 PM
Hmm mm numbers are numbers
Great concentration of hunters there this year . and G bears..
Hopefully our 2 intrepid dall hunters will share their experiences here in words and photos.
Have some suggestions ..pm with phone numbers
Only 600 Dallas sheep in BC at any time.
Srupp

brn2ryd
08-17-2020, 10:45 PM
It’s been a cold and wet summer up there. Lots of rain though June and July. August is the same. Haines highway had fresh snow on the peaks a few days ago but it’s gone now. Hope September throws some nice weather at you. Definitely lots of griz around.

Ramhunter85
08-18-2020, 04:28 PM
I spent 20 days up there last year. Went opener and october. Saw lots of sheep but only saw one band of mature rams from a distance. Later hunts the grizzly bears can be an issue. From what i know 2 rams were taken already opening week so i would concentrate on the lesser known areas.

srupp
08-18-2020, 04:50 PM
I spent 20 days up there last year. Went opener and october. Saw lots of sheep but only saw one band of mature rams from a distance. Later hunts the grizzly bears can be an issue. From what i know 2 rams were taken already opening week so i would concentrate on the lesser known areas.

LOL yes 2 out of a group of 3 rams. .that were...right were I suspected..lol
One hell of a story shared with me a few nights ago..
Really hoping the story and photos get shared..
Steven