PDA

View Full Version : Secret Spots

fishhunt
08-13-2020, 08:03 AM
Hi All,

Going Moose hunting this fall. So reaching out to everyone to to tell me where there secret spots are. Not looking for general areas, I want the EXACT location, so use GPS coordinates. Also, you'll need to send me images of the animals in that location to verify it is indeed a top producing honey hole. So you may have to install game cams. Also, ensure that it's not to far off a main road so it's easier to take game out. Also, tell me the dates you'll be going to your spot so I can go the week before you so to ensure I'm successful. Don't really want to go after you taken the game. Also, due to covid, I don't really want to go to any stores, so I'd like a nice cache of supplies near the spot - some jerky (if you've made it from an animal you've taken, I prefer that over store bought), some chocolate bars, etc. Also, leave a few game bags and bone saw - the less for me to carry, the better! Also, check the weather before you supply the cache and leave rain gear if there is more than 50% chance of rain. Actually, leave rain gear regardless - I like to be prepared - just in case. Also, maybe leave a chair (goes without saying that it will have some nice padding in case I'm sitting for a while). Also, I'll let you know where my camp is so if you could make me breakfast after my hunt - that would be great! But please DO NOT OVERCOOK the bacon. I like it crunchy, but not burnt. So please be careful. Also, leave a few jerry cans of gas for me at camp so I don't have to go refill in town. I usually get regular, but I'd appreciate it if you could get premium. Hmmm. That's all I can think of for now. Actually, make sure you're available to help process the game, so you should probably tell your boss you'll be "on call" and may have to leave work suddenly. They'll appreciate the advanced notice. Now that's all I can think of...for now!

pnbrock
08-13-2020, 08:08 AM
Sounds like my hunting friends have alias for hunting bc

Redthies
08-13-2020, 08:14 AM
I agree 100% on the bacon. Crispy but not burnt!

Hillerbillyvan
08-13-2020, 08:39 AM
The rv is parked loaded with supplies, tanks are full,freezer packed with moose,elk,deer pep,jerky & steak
Key under the mat,dont worry about me showing up till closing day
so much game there that’s all I need, parked along side secret creek rite at the base of no tell mtn edge of reg 9
enjoy! Pack out what you pack in, actually never mind picking up garbage gives me something to do for the second half of the day when tagged out
cheers bud!

Weatherby Fan
08-13-2020, 08:40 AM
Sounds like my hunting friends have alias for hunting bc

I make sure all thats done for Dutch every year when he goes deer hunting :mrgreen: except I scratch the bacon and replace with fish !

PressurePoint
08-13-2020, 09:01 AM
Oh thanks for the heads up, actually, I’ll bring my sister up as well so she can keep you company.

MRP
08-13-2020, 10:02 AM
48°25'12"n 123°22'12"w

mike31154
08-13-2020, 11:01 AM
https://ezvjpq.dm.files.1drv.com/y4mOyAJG4p4N04We9eaIiutr59AbafAJwCjbQpUpPIdRpEZD9j NpNMnMSiaz61UJc2FYe_rQHKWwyNZLlhYgVErF07I1N1KiH9Zq 4s34ztmYfHGwxLsH63rf18SWUVFNVHc6F8w_pAhiR4tN_01Tce bUgDOfsl7tsaXW5arTNFvM1MjD0cU4hyf9RrA_LW8_4-59Ymw1nCU9f-iXt0qtxTryw?width=1013&height=1024&cropmode=none

The Hermit
08-13-2020, 11:39 AM
At first I thought I'd like to join him but if there is no beer then no deal!

panhead
08-13-2020, 03:30 PM
I'd love to share one of mine but I don't have any life insurance. And my pard'ner does occasionally make a LOOONG shot.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skilled labour isn’t cheap. Cheap labour isn’t skilled.

RyoTHC
08-13-2020, 05:31 PM
I like this guy. I’m going to take OP hunting at one of another members honey holes I found by gut pile hunting him..

I don’t cook breakfast though, I’m not the bitch.

REMINGTON JIM
08-13-2020, 05:48 PM
At first I thought I'd like to join him but if there is no beer then no deal!

Yea what about the 4 dozen Miller G drafts too :( RJ

HarryToolips
08-13-2020, 06:19 PM
The rv is parked loaded with supplies, tanks are full,freezer packed with moose,elk,deer pep,jerky & steak
Key under the mat,dont worry about me showing up till closing day
so much game there that’s all I need, parked along side secret creek rite at the base of no tell mtn edge of reg 9
enjoy! Pack out what you pack in, actually never mind picking up garbage gives me something to do for the second half of the day when tagged out
cheers bud!
Lol hey that's my region....I was going to tell him to head up to pound-sand Mtn access via the upurs trail, but your spot sounds better..

fishhunt
08-14-2020, 07:19 AM
Fantastic! I don't even have to pick up after myself!

fishhunt
08-14-2020, 07:20 AM
Oh thanks for the heads up, actually, I’ll bring my sister up as well so she can keep you company.

Too funny. This one made me laugh hard!

Redthies
08-14-2020, 07:46 AM
Too funny. This one made me laugh hard!

Why? Have you met his sister? She might be a great cook!

604Stalker
08-14-2020, 07:43 PM
Yeah theres a logged out cutblock next to a cabin in west harrison in precisely 4 years there will be some deer there at 9:35am best beat me to it

blackbart
08-14-2020, 10:49 PM
PM Dana - he would love to share.