PDA

View Full Version : Any one have any luck in 5-13?

Bulldraw
10-16-2007, 09:40 PM
We my father and I, are headed up next week for the last week of his bull draw, and the beginning of mine in november. We havn't hunted in 5-13 since they closed it to LEH years back. We are headed into area A. How was the weather, and movement up there? Thanks guys.

3kills
10-16-2007, 09:51 PM
marc just spent 10 days up there hunting saidit was quite warm with not much for game movin around....i talked to a buddy up there today and he said it was startin to get cold nights and frosty mornins but the last 4 days have been warm mornings again and warm days...i m headin up there on thursday to fill my leh doe draw in b and hopefully get a buck and then going to hunt 7 for a couple days for a buck and maybe a calf moose...

Marc
10-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Good luck finding a bull, even the locals who had a draw up there had a hard time finding anything.. Hard to say what it's like now that the weatheris getting cooler but you'd think you'd see something during the rut if anything.

3kills
10-16-2007, 11:33 PM
i will try to tie one up for ya if i see one when i m there LOL

Jagermeister
10-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Hunt the high elevations, cut blocks bordering timber (if there is any of that left) early morning, mid afternoon.

willyqbc
10-17-2007, 12:08 AM
the switch has tripped here and the moose are moving pretty well now. Have two buddies out in 5-13 B right now, they have seen lots of cows/calves and 3 bulls in the last two days...one of which is now hanging in my shop!!:lol: The deer activity is also starting to pick up, we saw a nice 140-150 class buck on Sunday but just couldn't get it done! Which region in 5-13 is your draw for?

Chris

3kills
10-17-2007, 05:30 AM
so chris the bucks are startin to move more now

Bulldraw
10-18-2007, 12:51 AM
Thanks for your replys. We have had over 10 years in 5-13 prior to it going into LEH. We usually hunted early in october, when it used to be cold and had the first snows of the seasons in areas a, and b. We are hoping for some nice cool weather now for late october and into mid november. I imagine its grown up a bit in the last 8 or so years since i was there last. Chris, do you know if, or where they are activly logging in area A? Thanks Brian

Schmaus
10-18-2007, 03:43 AM
I imagine its grown up a bit in the last 8 or so years since i was there last.

If you haven't been there for 8 years you won't even recognize the area there's been so much logging. Just about anything that isn't cut down is dead anyway dam beetles.

Wildman
10-18-2007, 04:59 AM
We my father and I, are headed up next week for the last week of his bull draw, and the beginning of mine in november. We havn't hunted in 5-13 since they closed it to LEH years back. We are headed into area A. How was the weather, and movement up there? Thanks guys.

Yeah........well good luck. We had a draw in 5-13 zone C last year. We did end up with one bull on day 2 of our 12 day hunt. We hunted hard too......up at 4am and back to camp after dark. Where abouts are you going to go? I will never put in for another draw in that area. If I'm going to drive all that way...what's a few extra hours, I'll head further north next time.

tufferthandug
10-18-2007, 05:24 AM
Fresh logging up the 6200.

morris
10-18-2007, 03:54 PM
We spent a week up there the first week of October for the 1-15 bull draw in 5-13a. Got our two bulls and the weather was all over the place. If ya didn't like the weather just wait 10 minutes and it would be somthing different.

We camped down at the end of the 6200A road before the cattle guard and the 'Y'. Lots of sign at the top of the right road at the 'Y' and lots of sign seen up the top of the 6200 road even though fresh logging.

Saw quite a few bulls and cow/calfs even after we got our second bull down...although we were pretty hardcore and didn't spend a lot of time in the trucks!!

http://www.hunt101.com/img/521182.jpg

Even found a nice blacky.....
http://www.hunt101.com/img/521181.jpg

Also lots of grizz sign and sightings:o

Rich

Rod
10-19-2007, 11:22 AM
I have been here in 5-12, 5-13 for a couple of months, took a decent mountain caribou in the Itcha range and managed to get 4 other hunters onto really nice bulls.

Moose has been slow but we took 4 in the higher elevations and 3 more down low so far. I am heading back up hight today, a couple of days in on horseback and I will see if I can fill my moose tag.. so far all the big guys have been up high and over 42". but with the rut finished I don't expect a monster just a freezer filler.

I will post up some pics once I get out around the end of the month :-)

Good hunting everyone!
Rod :-)