PDA

View Full Version : Looking for fishing spot within a few hours of lower mainland.

alpinedust
07-26-2020, 01:56 PM
Girlfriend and I are looking for a spot to fish within a few hours of the lower mainland. Ideally something that isn't crazy busy. Would usually head further out of town, but can't go too far at the moment. Have found lightening lake (manning park) and Silver lake (outside hope) online, but not sure if these will be flooded with recreational users? Any other suggestions?

Aaron600
07-26-2020, 03:38 PM
Anyone wana give up there quiet fishing spots lol?

RyoTHC
07-26-2020, 03:40 PM
Yea I’ll just jump on sharing my productive low key quiet spots..

give me a minute while I type out the list.

Stormy
07-26-2020, 04:05 PM
There are some really good fishing spots within easy driving distance of Vancouver - start looking around Squamish - then work your way through Pemberton, Gold bridge, Merritt, and down to Princeton - in that broad circle there are hundreds of places to fish in creeks, streams, rivers and lakes. When you find a really good spot loaded with fish let us all know so that we can fish it too ��

monasheemountainman
07-26-2020, 05:17 PM
Google has everything. Outdoor forums will usually yield less results on your search for quiet fishing holes. Good luck and enjoy the outdoors with your lady

Iron Glove
07-26-2020, 05:33 PM
Silver Lake area is a complete zoo now ( we live in Hope ) and Lightning Lake in Manning is nice but again it's packed. As others have suggested the Princeton area has a ton of Lakes and Rivers to fish with a lot less pressure. The present hot spell has dampened the results a bit, a Princeton area Lake Son fished 2 weeks ago was incredible, this past week was very difficult to fish. If you are OK with "suckers" the Tulameen River is full of them. :wink:

Bigdoggdon
07-26-2020, 06:37 PM
Funny how ppl that live in the LM are always complaining about crowds.

RyoTHC
07-26-2020, 06:52 PM
Funny how ppl that live in the LM are always complaining about crowds.

then roll into the small towns and be exactly what they are “trying” to avoid lol.

not saying this is what OP is doing, but it happens frequently ! Living where I do, I dread June -oct.. once any buck closes, there’s some peace and quiet but the festivals start early !

weatherby_man
07-26-2020, 07:13 PM
Take a stroll up the Kane Valley road off the coq.. There are a few lakes and some nice camping along there. Go across the connector and lakes like Marquart are ok as well.

Check out fishing with Rods site.

alpinedust
07-26-2020, 08:24 PM
There are some really good fishing spots within easy driving distance of Vancouver - start looking around Squamish - then work your way through Pemberton, Gold bridge, Merritt, and down to Princeton - in that broad circle there are hundreds of places to fish in creeks, streams, rivers and lakes. When you find a really good spot loaded with fish let us all know so that we can fish it too ��

Google has everything. Outdoor forums will usually yield less results on your search for quiet fishing holes. Good luck and enjoy the outdoors with your lady

Silver Lake area is a complete zoo now ( we live in Hope ) and Lightning Lake in Manning is nice but again it's packed. As others have suggested the Princeton area has a ton of Lakes and Rivers to fish with a lot less pressure. The present hot spell has dampened the results a bit, a Princeton area Lake Son fished 2 weeks ago was incredible, this past week was very difficult to fish. If you are OK with "suckers" the Tulameen River is full of them. :wink:

Take a stroll up the Kane Valley road off the coq.. There are a few lakes and some nice camping along there. Go across the connector and lakes like Marquart are ok as well.

Check out fishing with Rods site.

Thanks for these tips. We'll check out some of these areas! Just looking for some areas to relax a bit and try out some gear without too many rowdy people.

Thanks for the other comments...super helpful :confused: I know where to go when I need "productive low key quiet spots"

Rieber
07-26-2020, 08:48 PM
Have you gone up to Jones Lake?

alpinedust
07-26-2020, 08:56 PM
Have you gone up to Jones Lake?

From what I've heard, lots of partying up there this time of year. But easy enough for us to check it out.

Muliechaser
07-26-2020, 09:41 PM
Thanks for these tips. We'll check out some of these areas! Just looking for some areas to relax a bit and try out some gear without too many rowdy people.

Thanks for the other comments...super helpful :confused: I know where to go when I need "productive low key quiet spots"

If you know then why ask ? Just sayin LoL