PDA

View Full Version : Looking to meet and find new sheep,elk,moose hunting partners

338edgehunter
07-25-2020, 03:30 AM
hello fellow bc hunters im a relativly new poster to the altho iv been reading the forums here for around 6-7 months. I live up in fort st john and have been here for 8+years now im met some real nice folks here, but im also looking to expand on my list of hunting buddies especially those with backpacking hunting experience for sheep, elk ect. Im willing to meet new hunters older experienced hunters just people with a passion for the out doors hunting, trapping fishing ect.

I do have a number of moose and elk partners but they have zero interest in sheep or getting into good enuff shape to mountain hunt and there in lies my problem so if you might be be interested in hunting some big horns oe stone sheep backpack,or fly in or river boat/hiking let me know.

kolofardos
07-25-2020, 07:31 AM
Can you post some pics of yourself? Would we be sharing a sleeping bag? Do you like to spoon or be spooned?

blaine
07-25-2020, 07:43 AM
That right there is why some don't post stuff on here.

lowball
07-25-2020, 07:53 AM
That right there is why some don't post stuff on here.
For sure...

RyoTHC
07-25-2020, 08:15 AM
Pfft. Blaine and lowball you guys need to lighten up.

if a hilarious joke stops someone from posting, I’m glad .. we don’t need any more sensitive snowflakes here, there’s enough whining and crying about their feelings on the regular.

RugDoctor
07-25-2020, 08:17 AM
Because you’re too thin skinned to wade through a couple jokes to get to what you’re looking for? Every once in a while, you might just maybe have to come out of your safe space and have a sense of humour

OP....I’m not your guy, but stick with your question....there’s plenty of folks here who are avid and may help out. Throw up a couple specifics, you gear, age, ability level and you may get some interest. Best of luck!

kolofardos
07-25-2020, 08:28 AM
For sure...

Sorry guys, just a lame attempt at levity

Danny_29
07-25-2020, 08:31 AM
Pfft. Blaine and lowball you guys need to lighten up.

if a hilarious joke stops someone from posting, I’m glad .. we don’t need any more sensitive snowflakes here, there’s enough whining and crying about their feelings on the regular.

Good post.

We only need hunters that agree with you on this site.

Good luck OP.

RugDoctor
07-25-2020, 08:36 AM
Good post.

We only need hunters that agree with you on this site.

Good luck OP.
Shit post.

we only need hunters who have wiped mammas milk off their chin.

best of luck, again OP

Wentrot
07-25-2020, 09:36 AM
Nope. The entire exchange is why people don’t post. Immediately turns in to a sidetracked bitch fest within a couple comments.

Rackmastr
07-25-2020, 09:56 AM
If you follow Wild Sheep Society of BC, keep an eye out for any pub nights, fundraisers or volunteer opportunities. Obviously Covid has put a bit of a hitch in some of those activities but its worth follwoing them on social media and getting out to any events you see. Great way to meet some sheep hunters and sheep enthusiasts and grow your circle of hunting friends.

www.wildsheepsociety.com

Maglic
07-25-2020, 10:03 AM
Nope. The entire exchange is why people don’t post. Immediately turns in to a sidetracked bitch fest within a couple comments.

Agree/Disagree
Yes very often we get "sidetracked bitch fest" here , but it is a part of any human interaction.
As RyoTHC points out "there’s enough whining and crying " no need to trash the site by comments like "this is why people do not post here"

On contrary It does not stop anyone including new hunters to come here and become a part of this forum, I find a great level of support from more experienced hunters,
in fact there is always something interesting to read and learn even for most seasoned hunters.

I am positive 338edgehunter will find enough candidates for a sheep hunt, if it is not 15 hours for me to get there I would be first interested.

tuner
07-25-2020, 11:11 AM
How anybody could take a light hearted joke, and be offended by it, is beyond ridiculous! It’s perfectly exemplary that the offended folks, are this sites
“Woke” SJW’s!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Retiredguy
07-25-2020, 11:15 AM

Yes and it doesn't take much. I quickly learned that you can't kid anyone on here. I thought the attempt at levity was funny and was exactly what I would have expected to be said by the guys I hunt with. Having said that, good luck OP, if I was twenty years younger and not waiting for my new knees to be installed I would be all over your enquiry like ugly on an ape.

KodiakHntr
07-25-2020, 11:16 AM
How anybody could take a light hearted joke, and be offended by it, is beyond ridiculous! It’s perfectly exemplary that the offended folks, are this sites
“Woke” SJW’s!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I tried to find BiG Boars post (R.I.P. Dave) from way back to quote when there was a thread started years ago that was similar.... Pretty sure it was "Got tits? Probably have better luck if you have tits."
Still makes me laugh, back from before stuff was sexist or racist or ageist and statues were just history, not symbols of oppression.... Ahhhh the good old days.

Best of luck to the OP though on his search. If I wasn't busy prepping for a sheep trip in a few days I'd try and help you find a sheep hunter up North here.

338edgehunter
07-25-2020, 06:14 PM
Lol its all good i have pretty thick skin and can take a joke , iv found a few sheep guys up here in fsj but there busy this year wich happens i have a hunt end of august planned and my normal hunt partner backed out ... i will up load a few pics here over the next hour or so im sure ill figure it out

stoneramhunter
07-25-2020, 06:17 PM
Where you drainage you planning to hit 338 I may know a few guys that would be up for a sheep hunt.

stoneramhunter
07-25-2020, 06:17 PM
What drainage lol auto correct taking over:)

338edgehunter
07-25-2020, 06:18 PM
Humm im trying up load a image of myself with my last mule deer and i keep getting a fail to up load message

338edgehunter
07-25-2020, 06:20 PM
around mt becker im thinking and into the wapatie park wich is open to hunting oh i for to add im 38 years old iv hunted bc,alberta,ontaro and botswana just people dont think im some new buck 18yr old

338edgehunter
07-25-2020, 06:28 PM
as far as gear gose mostly sitka camo / mountain gear my pack is a mystery ranch beartooth 80 my rifle... depends custom 28 nosler, custom 338 edge or christensen arms ridgeline 6.5 prc i have hunted moose and elk alot same with black bear ,ducks/geese.ect pretty much if its brown i put it down. If it flys it dies

338edgehunter
07-25-2020, 06:30 PM
im looking at getting a life time membership to wild sheep federation the director works at 1 of the places i load at im oil patch trucker.

2chodi
07-25-2020, 06:32 PM
I’m not sure you will find sheep on MT Becker.

338edgehunter
07-26-2020, 12:12 PM
I’m not sure you will find sheep on MT Becker.

Im also looking further south by south west into that mountain rNge but 7- 19 is the only unit in 7b that has a open season for big horn so there has got to be some in there

2chodi
07-26-2020, 02:38 PM
Im also looking further south by south west into that mountain rNge but 7- 19 is the only unit in 7b that has a open season for big horn so there has got to be some in there

There are, but yes, look where you are indicating above.

338edgehunter
07-29-2020, 10:34 AM
There are, but yes, look where you are indicating above.

Have you hunted 7-19 or 7- 18 if so what did you think of the area and possible access points into 7 -18 definitely looks real nice ..... i may just switch direction and head to 7- 42 south west corner

BRvalley
07-29-2020, 11:52 AM
I would join the north peace rod and gun club, not a member myself, but have come across a few of their pdf presentations online while researching and feels like they are actively involved in a lot of things, I'd bet you'd find some like minded people there

bighornbob
07-29-2020, 01:07 PM
I tried to find BiG Boars post (R.I.P. Dave) from way back to quote when there was a thread started years ago that was similar.... Pretty sure it was "Got tits? Probably have better luck if you have tits."
Still makes me laugh, back from before stuff was sexist or racist or ageist and statues were just history, not symbols of oppression.... Ahhhh the good old days.

Best of luck to the OP though on his search. If I wasn't busy prepping for a sheep trip in a few days I'd try and help you find a sheep hunter up North here.

Look at my signature. I quote him every time I post.:D

BHB

338edgehunter
07-29-2020, 01:14 PM
I would join the north peace rod and gun club, not a member myself, but have come across a few of their pdf presentations online while researching and feels like they are actively involved in a lot of things, I'd bet you'd find some like minded people there

im a member of the north peace rod and gun club i have found some more sheep hunters so the network is sloooowly growing in fact i used to run the place.