PDA

View Full Version : Summerland Accomodation and ?

Phoneguy
10-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Any hunting cabins for rent out that way. We want to try and come out again to fill our LEH in 8-08. What about the hotels/motels in town? Don't need much more than a place to sleep and shower, or? We stayed up at Headwaters the first week in October, found it to time consuming to get down low to the (apparent) larger number of whitetails down there.

I guess I should ask if any farmers are having trouble in their fields? We have two (maybe three) LEH whitetail doe tags that we can fill up till Nov 15th. Private message me if you want.

First thought is to stay in an inexpensive hotel and drive into Darke Lake for the days, No dates set yet.

Thanks
James

Phoneguy
10-17-2007, 03:00 PM
OK, another series of questions? I got in two (very short) scouting trips into Darke Lake this summer. Not much more than a drive in and look at the campsite, and a ~1 hour walk on the first bench. Seems pretty thick in there. Today I was looking on Google earth and the backroad map books and see two other areas that interest me.

Garnet Lake? Anything out that way?

There appears to be a large cut block area West of Darke Lake (google earth), up further off of Princeton Summerland Rd, north of the road. Any point doing the extra drive into that area?

Thanks
James

NightOwl74
10-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Mostly you will see mulies I imagine in the Darke lake area. I grew up in Peachland and Whitetails are seen more often lower as you mentioned. Post if you connect on something. All I have ever seen is whitey does and not many of them.