PDA

View Full Version : Protected areas

sako04
07-16-2020, 12:35 PM
Does anyone know the rules regarding motorized boats in rivers and lakes within protected areas? I’ve noticed a few good looking protected areas that are open to hunting that are only reachable by jet boat.

HarryToolips
07-16-2020, 12:50 PM
It should state on the BC parks website....for the particular park your looking for, search for it then click on the details...I'm assuming that would tell you anyway..

sako04
07-16-2020, 01:15 PM
The parks page doesn’t mention anything about motorized boats. I’m assuming this is because even jet boat access will be quite difficult. I’m assuming calling the COs could get me a definitive answer.

warnniklz
07-16-2020, 02:22 PM
Generally jet boats are motorized vehicles... so if you aren't allowed to use a motorized vehicle within park boundaries...

Don't quote me on that. But i think it's within the first dozen or so pages of the freshwater fishing regs.

Cordillera
07-17-2020, 08:35 PM
They have to specifically restrict it. Otherwise boats with motors are allowed. I know lots of parks where jet boats are allowed on rivers and motor boats on the lakes. I don’t know of any where it’s not allowed. Think Stikine, Tuchodi, Ketchika are all in parks for a portion and lots of boats.