PDA

View Full Version : 7-12 and 6-4 what is the dividing line?

bruce44
07-14-2020, 08:22 AM
Hi Everyone,

So I was placing a game cam around the 7-12/6-4 area by Cheslatta falls and I noticed something. On the BC synopsis, it shows that once you cross the Kenny dam, you're actually in 6-4, but there isn't a sign that you're in 6-4 until after you cross the Cheslatta bridge. Does anyone know what physical landmark is separating the 2 MU's? It looks like the holy cross road but I'm not sure.

warnniklz
07-14-2020, 08:43 AM
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/outdoor-recreation/fishing-and-hunting/hunting/regulations/west_central.pdf

Zoom in... waaay in

Looks to be Holy Cross road

Then hooks of 48 road then around the mountain and northwest of cabin lake

bruce44
07-14-2020, 08:59 AM
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/outdoor-recreation/fishing-and-hunting/hunting/regulations/west_central.pdf

Zoom in... waaay in

Looks to be Holy Cross road

Then hooks of 48 road then around the mountain and northwest of cabin lake
It's holy cross for a little bit then veers off west to include cabin lake. This is where it gets iffy, because it doesn't follow a road anymore. Because 6-4 has open bull and 7-12 doesn't, this area could prove problematic.

07-14-2020, 09:14 AM
borders usually use Creeks, rivers lakes or high ground / low ground...... land mark stuff... use that map in conjunction with Google Earth ...... and confirm with calling conservation.

S.W.A.T.
07-15-2020, 04:18 AM
Hunt buddy usually solves some issues

bruce44
07-15-2020, 07:33 AM
Hunt buddy usually solves some issues Does it work when there's no cell signal? I tried Ihunter but not much help. The border on Ihunter doesn't follow any streams or rivers.

warnniklz
07-15-2020, 07:44 AM
If you have ihunter

1 - turn on GPS before you leave

2 - open ihunter

3 - zoom in to those boundaries so they're loaded and more accurate

4 - go hunting and just keep an eye on the blue dot

S.W.A.T.
07-15-2020, 08:00 PM
Does it work when there's no cell signal? I tried Ihunter but not much help. The border on Ihunter doesn't follow any streams or rivers.

Yes its pretty close. Sometimes you have to zoom out but if you know where you are usually the geographic location is pretty easy to distinguish. Plus it will notify you if your getting close to the boundaries