PDA

View Full Version : Tuna trip cancelled. Need a fun fishing back up plan 3rd week in september

bard
07-10-2020, 04:05 PM
Was supposed to fish down in Washington with a group of 4 towards the end of sept. but looks like its not going to happen. I am not used to fishing this late since its hunting season but we want to put a trip together since half the guys don't hunt so i need a back up plan. were from the Okanagan. Was thinking maybe 100 mile area for lakers/ Kokanee and rent a cabin. Maybe charter a river boat for sturgeon/coho on the Frasier. Anyone got any good ideas for that time of year? I am all ears.

walks with deer
07-10-2020, 04:07 PM
little early for coho on fraser some will be there but might not be open..
take a guided trip on kinabasket.
bring your gun incase you see a elk.
you will see whitetail and catch big fish.

bard
07-11-2020, 07:53 AM
little early for coho on fraser some will be there but might not be open..
take a guided trip on kinabasket.
bring your gun incase you see a elk.
you will see whitetail and catch big fish.

We have our own big boat. where would you suggest we try as a base/starting point? Elk on the side is very interesting.

weatherby_man
07-13-2020, 08:10 AM
Fall walleye fishing on the Columbia can be very fun.

bard
07-14-2020, 11:34 AM
Fall walleye fishing on the Columbia can be very fun.

How has that fishery been lately? that sounds fun as well. I used to do a lot of walleye fishing and miss it. Maybe spend a day on the river and a day on south arrow?

adriaticum
07-14-2020, 12:13 PM
West Coast Vancouver Island.

srupp
07-14-2020, 12:34 PM
West Coast Vancouver Island.

Yes sir..don't they do 3 day tuna trips out of Bamfield" ..? I'm certain they do..
Srupp

bard
07-14-2020, 01:17 PM
Yes sir..don't they do 3 day tuna trips out of Bamfield" ..? I'm certain they do..
Srupp

do you know which charter outfit? a little late i been told but would book on short notice and go if possible

srupp
07-14-2020, 05:24 PM
do you know which charter outfit? a little late i been told but would book on short notice and go if possible
Hmmm actually. Yes..

MURPHYS" SPORT FISHING. 250- 723-8022

Very knowledgable eprienced guide.I have not fished with him..but he and his sister have done many sports fishing episodes. .like what was shown.he is highly recommended
Good luck. Tight lines.
Steven

weed782
07-14-2020, 07:58 PM
Yep. fish tuna out of Tahsis or Kyuquot. A bit earlier though. 1st couple weeks of September. some awesome big coho around too.

srthomas75
07-14-2020, 09:06 PM
I think Westview marina in Tahsis does tuna trips. I remember reading about the info on their website last year. I assume it would still be listed. I'm headed that way in a few days and fishing out of that marina.

bard
07-15-2020, 07:26 AM
Oli's Fishing charters out of Winter Harbour. Check out his facebook.

I did chat with Oli. he said its too late and to come earlier in the season. They are putting on a Derby the first week of Sept. which i wish i could make. Sounds like a good time. Sounds like Winter harbor is a good spot to head out from as the shelf is quite a bit closer. Usually makes for a shorter run out

bard
07-15-2020, 07:29 AM
Some Tuna are being caught out of Tofino the last few days. Willie Mitchel had videos up on his instagram. few other boats went out after he did and got into some as well

adriaticum
07-15-2020, 08:14 AM
Inquire with the old fart Matt here "IronNoggin".
He doesn't know jack about fishing, but he knows people who do :lol:

hntcrazy
07-15-2020, 02:44 PM
tofino has many outfits who do tuna .
the race for the blue tourney is sept 11-19 .

i went last year - tons of fish .....just dont try and find a guide that week

good luck

bard
07-16-2020, 07:51 AM
tofino has many outfits who do tuna .
the race for the blue tourney is sept 11-19 .

i went last year - tons of fish .....just dont try and find a guide that week

good luck

Just watched a few videos from the Tourny the last few years. Looks like a blast. A guide from Tofino got ahold of me. I think i better give this a go