PDA

View Full Version : Alberta draw results are out today

Bustercluck
07-07-2020, 07:48 AM
For anybody who put in for them. Post what you got.
9am

Rackmastr
07-07-2020, 08:07 AM
A whole lotta 'Priority Only' for this guy!!!

Going to help a couple buddies who are drawing archery antelope though in Sept so that will be fun!

Bustercluck
07-07-2020, 08:20 AM
Same here. Nothing but priority for me and the wife.

Bustercluck
07-07-2020, 08:30 AM
My hunting partner got an early moose draw.

northof49
07-07-2020, 01:29 PM
Priority 18 non-res sheep for me so guaranteed success in next few yrs. Funny thing is have not been drawn for a BC LEH since last time in yr 2000....so 20yrs now of putting in all species in BC with no luck. Looking like like will end up drawing AB trophy sheep first. LOL

fuzzybiscuit
07-07-2020, 04:20 PM
My brother in law who also lives in Fort Mac got a bull moose draw. We are going to see if the two of us along with my nephew fit in my 12-1/2' Solar jet. If so, we'll get one off the river with any luck.

I priority only drew everything other than sheep and goats on the lottery draw, which I didn't get. I had enough points for bull moose but wanted to keep the draw for next year when the buggy should be done. Then it will be a Moose/Bison combo hunt outside the park.

My goal was to get a decent Southern AB antlered Muley in October this year with my Excaliber and a rifle Whitey in late November around home.

A sheep or goat draw would have just complicated things...8)

Bustercluck
07-07-2020, 04:36 PM
My brother in law who also lives in Fort Mac got a bull moose draw. We are going to see if the two of us along with my nephew fit in my 12-1/2' Solar jet. If so, we'll get one off the river with any luck.

I priority only drew everything other than sheep and goats on the lottery draw, which I didn't get. I had enough points for bull moose but wanted to keep the draw for next year when the buggy should be done. Then it will be a Moose/Bison combo hunt outside the park.

My goal was to get a decent Southern AB antlered Muley in October this year with my Excaliber and a rifle Whitey in late November around home.

A sheep or goat draw would have just complicated things...8)
which area is their tag for?

IronNoggin
07-07-2020, 04:56 PM
NADA! And for the first time in my life I was relieved / happy with that!!

Told my Partner over there I wasn't very interested in coming over for anything but perhaps an elk. So please 999 (Priority Only) everything but Elk, and put that into a certain area. Said he got the message. When I checked the entries a couple days later, he had gotten it completely back-asswards. So then I had a good likelihood of drawing antelope and / or mulie bucks over there this fall. Elk would have been a good possibility, but by no means a certainty.

And I really did not want to travel over there this fall for a Speedy Goat or Mulie!

Cheers!
Nog

Norwestalta
07-07-2020, 06:37 PM
Nothing but I'm happy not getting drawn. Started a new job and I'd feel like a shithead asking for time off. I might get my landowner cow elk but not sure.

fuzzybiscuit
07-07-2020, 08:34 PM
which area is their tag for?

530. Right in our back yard.

Another buddy just phoned looking for assistance in getting his 518 bull too.

Bustercluck
07-07-2020, 10:04 PM
Right on! I like hunting 530. I’ve pulled two nice bulls out of there the last two years. There’s plenty of guys who float the river looking for bulls and it seems to be pretty productive. I’m more of a land lubber. I like wearing out the soles of my boots all day.

Hopefully it works out for you guys.

fuzzybiscuit
07-08-2020, 05:03 AM
Right on! I like hunting 530. I’ve pulled two nice bulls out of there the last two years. There’s plenty of guys who float the river looking for bulls and it seems to be pretty productive. I’m more of a land lubber. I like wearing out the soles of my boots all day.

Hopefully it works out for you guys.

I got a good buddy into his first bull last year floating the river. This will be the fifth year in a row I’ve been part of a moose hunt in 530. We are 4 straight now for eater bulls.

530 can be a great WMU if you know where to go. But guys that get a draw thinking they can just cruise the roads and shoot one from the truck or sxs go away disappointed. There’s like 3 roads in the whole area and miles of Muskeg. And the river is not a sure bet either. Lots of disposable income up here and every second driveway has a jet boat in it. Add the fact that there are a lot of people originally from Newfoundland who grew up moose hunting and still do it and the fall can be a busy time out in the bush.

Bustercluck
07-08-2020, 05:22 AM
Yeah, I hear you. I don’t see anybody where I hunt, because there’s no moose there. Lol Now that you mention it there’s no roads there either. Maybe that’s why. I steer clear of muskeg and people.

good luck to you.