PDA

View Full Version : New regulations

willyqbc
06-28-2020, 12:28 PM
Ok....am I just totally technology inept and cant find them:confused:...or are we 2 days away from the old regs running out and no new regs published??
If that's the case, pretty sure I'm headed out for a moose to fill my freezer wednesday...no law or regulation saying I can't!!!:razz:

Steeleco
06-28-2020, 12:52 PM
You rebel!! Why in this day and age would you expect the gov't to do anything on time except collect taxes?

HankBC
06-28-2020, 01:42 PM
I read on IG that they'll be out on July 1st.. Take it with a grain of salt, but the lady who graced the cover with her Bighorn sheep photo stated that.

Trapper
06-28-2020, 02:17 PM
Outage NoticeThe BC Hunting Online services will be unavailable on Monday June 29, 2020 from 11:00 pm to 1:00 am Tuesday June 30, 2020. We apologize for any inconvenience.
i would think this when they will be down loaded on there site

willyqbc
06-28-2020, 02:27 PM
sooooooo........no impromptu July moose season then???:-P

In all seriousness....i'm a little bit scared to see whats waiting for us in these new regs......

exv
06-28-2020, 02:30 PM
Pretty curious about the new regs myself. I’m not educated enough to comment on what needs to be changed ect but I’m certainly interested! ...

Any predictions or insight?....

My buddy said they are making restrictions in reg4 for CWD (no baiting deer ect)? ... thats far from confirmed albeit.

really more interested in mule and elk for my local haunts ... should make for a interesting read come Wednesday anyways.

303savage
06-28-2020, 02:34 PM
no law or regulation saying I can't!!! There is no law that says you can either. :-)

blackbart
06-28-2020, 08:47 PM
I am intrigued by the "lady with the bighorn sheep" on the cover.... I do hear of a fairly famous sheep with a lady that shot it that has a most interesting back story. Certainly the gov't would be smart enuff not to use this picture on the cover of the hunting regulations.

Cant wait to see the pic and really do hope it isn't the same one that was on the cover of a hunting magazine a few years ago.

BB

HarryToolips
06-28-2020, 08:49 PM
Pretty curious about the new regs myself. I’m not educated enough to comment on what needs to be changed ect but I’m certainly interested! ...

Any predictions or insight?....

My buddy said they are making restrictions in reg4 for CWD (no baiting deer ect)? ... thats far from confirmed albeit.

really more interested in mule and elk for my local haunts ... should make for a interesting read come Wednesday anyways.
Your MD season in region 4 is about as restricted as it gets, with 4 pts only for the duration....if they try to restrict it more we have a serious prob...

HankBC
06-28-2020, 08:53 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/CB50oGnps0V/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Here's the link to it, she took the photo that's gracing the cover.

I am intrigued by the "lady with the bighorn sheep" on the cover.... I do hear of a fairly famous sheep with a lady that shot it that has a most interesting back story. Certainly the gov't would be smart enuff not to use this picture on the cover of the hunting regulations.

Cant wait to see the pic and really do hope it isn't the same one that was on the cover of a hunting magazine a few years ago.

BB

brn2ryd
06-28-2020, 09:24 PM
can someone share the backstory to the photo.
part of me hopes it controversial and cringey, part of me hopes it's not.

bighornbob
06-29-2020, 08:32 AM
can someone share the backstory to the photo.
part of me hopes it controversial and cringey, part of me hopes it's not.

I think there are two stories. I think Black Bart is talking about a dead ram. This is a photo of a live ram. Im guessing two different photos and stories.

BHB

dracb
06-29-2020, 11:29 PM
I buy an add in the Synopsis. This time the publisher did not even call until last week to ask if I wanted to place an add in this issue. The discussion I had with the sales lady indicated the Synopsis will not go to press until sometime in July.
(OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Boy was I wrong!)

albravo2
06-30-2020, 07:03 AM
If that's the case, pretty sure I'm headed out for a moose to fill my freezer wednesday...no law or regulation saying I can't!!!:razz:

As I understand it from a thread a bit earlier this year, the "regs" as we know them are just a synopsis (hence the name) of the existing laws in the Wildlife Act. The laws exist whether we have a synopsis or not. The poster posted a link to the Act and I clicked on it to see if I could figure out if my favourite moose season was still viable. It was, so I promptly forgot the rest of the detail.

boxhitch
06-30-2020, 07:32 AM
you found something in the Act that tells about a moose season?

Mauser98
06-30-2020, 08:42 AM
you found something in the Act that tells about a moose season?

Each Region has its season printed in the various schedules in the Hunting Regs of the Wildlife Act.

As an example, these are for the Ominica/Peace.(Schedule 7)

http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/id/complete/statreg/190_84_08

boxhitch
06-30-2020, 09:29 AM
And here I thought those were only valid til May 2020

btridge
07-01-2020, 06:51 AM
New Regs are now posted

JG75
07-01-2020, 07:15 AM
New Regs are now posted

Where are you seeing them? My lazy Google search has come up empty

tracker
07-01-2020, 07:22 AM
I think there are two stories. I think Black Bart is talking about a dead ram. This is a photo of a live ram. Im guessing two different photos and stories.

BHB

It looks like the rams above Okanagan lake on the westside road, pictured on the new hunting and trapping regulation book.

upperleftcoaster
07-01-2020, 07:48 AM
here is the link to the 2020-22 regs: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/outdoor-recreation/fishing-and-hunting/hunting/regulations/2020-2022/hunting-trapping-synopsis-2020-2022.pdf

changes that i am noticing in a quick read are:
-electric bikes are now officially "motorized vehicles"
-turkey limits are up to 3 birds now. 1 in the spring, 2 in the fall.
-GOS for bison
-deer limits are down in some places i think

i also didn't like the minister's message in the beginning.