PDA

View Full Version : Lost firearm

stixnstones
06-27-2020, 08:18 PM
I’m posting this on a fiends behalf. Lost 30.06 tikka t3 stainless barrel, camo stock, bushnell 3200 elite black colour. Clip. It was lost after they killed a bear. I guess in all the excitement they forgot it by the side of the rd. It was up the tappen valley. Charcoal fsr near salmon arm bc. Please spread the word. It is very sentimental to the owner.

walks with deer
06-27-2020, 08:25 PM
carefull easy way to loose pal too.

stixnstones
06-28-2020, 08:36 AM
Look I come on here to help a friend. I ve been in the firearms/ hunting business for a long time and never herd anyone loose there firearms licence over an honest mistake. Please don’t comment if your not going to keep it positive here. Thx

338win mag
06-28-2020, 08:43 AM
When was it lost?

srthomas75
06-28-2020, 08:54 AM
I hope that he finds it, losing anything makes you feel crappy. A gun would really suck.

silveragent
06-28-2020, 09:22 AM
Happens more often than one would think.

Here's a well known story of a Winchester found more than a 100 years after it had been left. https://www.winchesterguns.com/news/articles/132-year-old-model-1873-found-against-a-tree-at-great-basin-nati.html

walks with deer
06-28-2020, 09:44 AM
Look I come on here to help a friend. I ve been in the complaining business for a long time and never herd anyone loose there firearms licence over an honest mistake. Please don’t comment if your not going to keep it positive here. Thx

i dont make the law was just reminding sorry if your butt hurt.. hope the gun is recovered i know a guy who ran ovee his own gun and didnt know for a hour later.

stixnstones
06-28-2020, 10:02 AM
It was lost yesterday around 2pm. Thanks

Redthies
06-28-2020, 10:15 AM
Do you think someone picked it up, or can they not recall where exactly it was left?

Downtown
06-28-2020, 10:17 AM
Sorry for your Friends loss, unfortunately those things do happen.
Make sure your Friend reports this asap to RCMP. If the Gun gets involved in a Crime it could end up in major problems for your Buddy.

Cheers

stixnstones
06-28-2020, 10:19 AM
It’s been done

stixnstones
06-28-2020, 10:33 AM
It was picked up for sure.

twoSevenO
06-28-2020, 01:26 PM
I have done this 3 times with the same rifle. Two times I leaned it against the bumper/tire and drove off ... just wet, tired .... both times drove back after 20-30 mins and found it. The second time it was snowing hard so it took me 45 mins of crawling in a circle feeling through the snow.

The third time, I forgot to strap it back to my pack after a break and just continued to hike down the hill. I'm not ashamed to post but I'm too ashamed to tell you just how long I had to hike back up to get it. Let's just say I grabbed water, a head lamp and emergency bivy if I had to spend the night. Lol. Luckly, I used my inReach to send a message from where I took a break and so I headed back straight to that spot. Thank God for having sent that message and inreach for marking the spot I sent it from. Otherwise I never would have found it. And nope, with so much other stuff in my pack the extra 8lb was not noticeable whatsoever. And I was leading the way, so my partner behind me never noticed either!!! *facepalm*

Nothing makes you feel as stupid. Believe me. But shit happens when you're tired and distracted.

I've never lost/forgotten any gear while on the hunt. Just my shit starts falling apart on the way back it seems.

silveragent
06-29-2020, 11:55 AM
I lost binocs within a 10m square area and spent an afternoon crawling around in undergrowth trying to find it. Lost forever.

browningboy
06-29-2020, 12:41 PM
Good luck, hopefully the people are honest!

stixnstones
06-29-2020, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the positive people n good thoughts out there.

Redthies
06-29-2020, 11:15 PM
I lost binocs within a 10m square area and spent an afternoon crawling around in undergrowth trying to find it. Lost forever.

My apprentice lost his binos AND my loaner set within a week... Good thing his head is attached or he’d lose that too. I never strap my rifle to my pack so that helps me remember it.

Hope it gets turned in!

wideopenthrottle
07-01-2020, 10:38 AM
My apprentice lost his binos AND my loaner set within a week... Good thing his head is attached or he’d lose that too. I never strap my rifle to my pack so that helps me remember it.

Hope it gets turned in!

i like to think that in the old days almost anyone finding a gun would have instantly felt the pit in the stomach of the person who lost it and would have done everything to return it to that person....different world today but there are still honest people out there and i like to think that your best chance to run into honest people is in the woods...fingers crossed

REMINGTON JIM
07-01-2020, 11:43 AM
I canned imagine people finding that RIFLE and playin losers weepers finders keepers ! :mad: RJ

huntingfamily
07-01-2020, 12:30 PM
There was one returned in bc late in the fall through social media. Hope they get it back...

BearStump
07-02-2020, 09:20 AM
i like to think that in the old days almost anyone finding a gun would have instantly felt the pit in the stomach of the person who lost it and would have done everything to return it to that person....different world today but there are still honest people out there and i like to think that your best chance to run into honest people is in the woods...fingers crossed

Stopped in a random spot to take a leak on the side of a spur road about 10 years ago up Gold creek rd. as I'm watering the grass on the side of the road I see a beauty of a Tikka 7mm leaning against a tree. put it in the back seat with the plan to drop it off at the RCMP station at teh end of the day. Ran into a couple old retired guys road hunting about 6 hours later. Stopped to chat for a bit and the one guy was pretty upset telling us how he'd lost his brand new Tikka the day before. Well.......I made his day.

Spy
07-02-2020, 10:01 AM
Stopped in a random spot to take a leak on the side of a spur road about 10 years ago up Gold creek rd. as I'm watering the grass on the side of the road I see a beauty of a Tikka 7mm leaning against a tree. put it in the back seat with the plan to drop it off at the RCMP station at teh end of the day. Ran into a couple old retired guys road hunting about 6 hours later. Stopped to chat for a bit and the one guy was pretty upset telling us how he'd lost his brand new Tikka the day before. Well.......I made his day.
That’s awesome I bet he was smiling ear to ear, I can just imagine you saying “ does it look like this,” whilst pulling out his rifle. Thanks for sharing, that’s great.

weatherby_man
07-02-2020, 10:59 AM

I think thats awesome, the guy must have been soooo happy. I think generally speaking this is the type of person we hunters aspire to being. Good on ya.

Treed
07-02-2020, 02:18 PM
... and then you got in an argument over who’s spot it was! :wink:

338win mag
07-02-2020, 05:36 PM
Good on you!

Mosin
07-02-2020, 08:10 PM

good on you for being honest!!!

stixnstones
07-02-2020, 08:17 PM
Please spred the word. I don’t have social media. Thx to all