PDA

View Full Version : Ain't got some moose

The Hermit
10-15-2007, 09:12 AM
I am not complaining here just sharing... I am writing this short trip up as a serious field test for my new truck (performed perfectly) and for setting up my wall tent and camp solo, do-able with a litlle work and patience... it was a beotch taking it down in the rain though!

I have an LEH Bull draw so was in 7-16 zone B which is a smallish area with few roads, lots of deep swamp and the thickest overgrown crap to try and walk in ever... what a mess. Ha! When out humping around I saw a few tracks, no moose what so ever, no droppings, no rubs, no stink holes, no deer, no bear, two squirrels, and a few chickens. Oh and about a thousand other hunters!

I am sure there are lots of great spots to get into in the area but as a solo trip with limited time I tended to stay within a kilometer of the roads for fear I might actually shoot a bull! :-) I think the area north of the Cuchinca would be productive with enough time.

So lesson learned... everone knows that if at all possible we should get out to the intended area prior to putting in for the draw. Yes this is obvious but when you live 500 miles away it is pretty unrealistic so ya takes yer chances and ya pays yer dues.

newhunterette
10-15-2007, 09:36 AM
But did u have fun Hermit? hehehehehehe

ohno
10-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Good on yah for getting out there and trying. You may not have tagged your LEH bull, but at least you didn't stay at home complaining.

O.

moose hunter
10-15-2007, 09:44 AM
its like that around pg no moose 10 billion hunters.

Marc
10-15-2007, 09:56 AM
I don't think it mattered where you were in region 7 this year the moose were scarce.

moose hunter
10-15-2007, 09:59 AM
To bad i didnt have an leh i saw lots of bulls just one legal one gone to fast have not seen a cow calf yet this season.

Bow Walker
10-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Too bad Bill. Going solo into an unknown area is risky at the best of times, but kudoos for gettin out there and having some 'fun'! Good to see you home safe and sound. How's the WD these days?

The Hermit
10-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Too bad Bill. Going solo into an unknown area is risky at the best of times, but kudoos for gettin out there and having some 'fun'! Good to see you home safe and sound. How's the WD these days?

Lets just say I am in the hole on brownie points with the WD this year! A couple days before I left she started getting bad knee pain and is hobbling around on crutches... I'm starting to get what the term errand boy really means! LOL