PDA

View Full Version : Tulameen fsr for bear

lakelander
06-09-2020, 02:05 PM
Okay last weekend to find a bear. Does anyone know what the snow levels are like on Tulameen fsr from the Coq? Never hunted for bear there so let me know if I'm wasting my time there and maybe should head out Squamish way instead. Thanks

Livewire322
06-09-2020, 02:27 PM
The last weekend for you or of the season? Looks to me like the season is open until the end of June in that area.

lakelander
06-09-2020, 02:47 PM
The last weekend for you or of the season? Looks to me like the season is open until the end of June in that area.

Last weekend for me - then I'm tied up with work :(

Iron Glove
06-09-2020, 03:28 PM
We just returned from Tulameen, didn't get up that way but the Locals say it's clear of snow.
Lots of bears in the Princeton / Tulameen are, Son has been thru there the last week, seen lots, just picky on what he shoots so nothing shot at yet.
A fellow HBCer was renting a cabin across the road from us, got a nice big boar a few km out of town.

Steeleco
06-09-2020, 03:43 PM
There was fresh snow up high Friday night and one road I still can't get into due to the high snow still on the road, but it's not a road you'll find if your new to the area. All other roads are open but one hill in particular is real greasy, if you don't have 4x4 and good recovery gear, if you see mud, turn around!!

HikerHunter
06-09-2020, 04:58 PM
i seen two bears out princeton way. pike mountain service road. lots of fresh scat.

cameron0518
06-09-2020, 05:54 PM
Tulameen is going good right now. Depending on how big of a bear you are looking for. We saw 5 bears last weekend but only want a 6' bear or bigger.

Iron Glove
06-10-2020, 07:45 AM
There was a really nice Cinnamon Bear in the Manning Park Lodge Parking Lot yesterday when we drove home.
Nice size, great looking pelt but probably not a good place to hunt.

lakelander
06-10-2020, 09:18 AM
We just returned from Tulameen, didn't get up that way but the Locals say it's clear of snow.
Lots of bears in the Princeton / Tulameen are, Son has been thru there the last week, seen lots, just picky on what he shoots so nothing shot at yet.
A fellow HBCer was renting a cabin across the road from us, got a nice big boar a few km out of town.

Not picky as it's my last weekend. Glad to hear lots of bears in the area. Will give it a shot..thanks.

lakelander
06-10-2020, 09:19 AM
There was fresh snow up high Friday night and one road I still can't get into due to the high snow still on the road, but it's not a road you'll find if your new to the area. All other roads are open but one hill in particular is real greasy, if you don't have 4x4 and good recovery gear, if you see mud, turn around!!

Thanks for the heads up.

lakelander
06-10-2020, 09:21 AM
Tulameen is going good right now. Depending on how big of a bear you are looking for. We saw 5 bears last weekend but only want a 6' bear or bigger.

Will settle for any bear at this point..running out of time..Tulameen it is this weekend..thanks.

Bollo
06-12-2020, 10:07 PM
Let us know how you get on - might head out there before the season closes...

Tim Tam Slam
06-15-2020, 10:27 AM
Was at Tulameen for the weekend, took lawless to the coq, no snow, some higher up on the mountains, but nothing fresh I could see from down low even with the rain we got over the weekend.

Steeleco how’s your bear pursuit? Lakelander, you get yours?

Tim Tam Slam
06-15-2020, 10:28 AM
Just saw you posted a b day bear thread, reading now!

Leaseman
06-15-2020, 01:06 PM
There is the odd bear or three there.....harder hunt due to the late thaw....so high up.

Steeleco
06-15-2020, 02:04 PM
It snowed like hell Sunday morning. And there is still more old snow up there in June than in early May last year.

lakelander
06-15-2020, 03:32 PM
Was at Tulameen for the weekend, took lawless to the coq, no snow, some higher up on the mountains, but nothing fresh I could see from down low even with the rain we got over the weekend.

Steeleco how’s your bear pursuit? Lakelander, you get yours?

Nope - we only saw one that we got to about 200 yards before it scented us and took off. Good luck