PDA

View Full Version : Towards Boston Bar I am back!

JAFA
10-14-2007, 09:31 PM
I am looking for a Muley meat buck.

I went to Sowaga FSR (exit 192) only to find a gate about 9 KM in...:icon_frow

Thought what the heck I may as well take a walk as first light was on me and no time to reposition.

20+pd pack + rifle about 4 km up and in there was a old overgrown road going up way up ... so I did.:wink:

Was hoping to find an old clear cut ... nope took it to a dead end nothing... Went back to the truck. Scared up several grouse on the way and saw a rabbit foot and fur / guts. Bear and (Dog)? scat some ... but few deer tracks.

Went on to Dewnedy FSR took it to the top where the Crown has been cleared... hiked the periphery just inside the
trees. Did see droppings and some tracks here and there no serious game trails though.

Took about 2-3 hours to do the secondpart of the tour and then came home.

On the way home found a fella with a broken truck so gave him a lift to Burnaby, he was sure glad to see me!

That was my day.

Look forward,
Jim.

lapadat
10-15-2007, 07:19 AM
I don't get it.

You drove into a new area having never done any pre-season scouting and never saw ANY deer?

I'm stumped.

JAFA
10-15-2007, 08:12 AM
I don't get it.

You drove into a new area having never done any pre-season scouting and never saw ANY deer?

I'm stumped.

Aren't you clever :-o never thought about scouting !

My situation prevented me from having the time to scout locally. My situation also prevents me from going to the areas where in previous years I have scouted.

But keep the clever comments coming they really help.

Look forward,
Jim.

The Hermit
10-15-2007, 08:20 AM
I actually like going into new areas during hunting season. Keeps me keen cause you just never know... I make a point of doing so five or six times a year... that way my "known" area grows. Yeah I could do it more in the off season too but I have lots of other interests that keep me busy year round.

Sounds like yoiu put lots of effort in your double walk about mate... always good to get out!

Th0r
10-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Good that you had a busy day. Always good to get out. Nice to help someone too. Hope they appreciated it.:wink:

farside
10-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Well, ya never know unless ya go. At least you went and had a looksee.

Phil
10-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Just getting out is half the fun. Nothing beats walking the bush with a loaded rifle. Nice it worked out for the stranded moterist too.

twoSevenO
10-15-2007, 03:48 PM
yup, just walking around with your rifle and seeing game is pretty darn fun. Shooting something is a nice bonus on top of that :D :D

The Dawg
10-15-2007, 03:52 PM
At least you got some scouting done for next time :cool:

lapadat
10-15-2007, 04:41 PM
I doubt you were anywhere near Boston Bar if you were up Sowaqua FSR.

Yep I am thinking coq it is because of the elevation, Cn anyone suggest a good FSR ?
Thanks!
jim.

Sorry, maybe I just don't have the patience for someone who asks for another guys scouting info the NIGHT before they plan to go hunting. Even a blind chick gets some seed I suppose.

JAFA
10-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Sorry, maybe I just don't have the patience for someone who asks for another guys scouting info the NIGHT before they plan to go hunting. Even a blind chick gets some seed I suppose.

Thats ok, sounds like you just needed something to say, might think of biting your tongue so to speak and passing on the thought next time:wink:.
Look forward,
Jim