PDA

View Full Version : Newborn fawn

Mark-R
05-29-2020, 12:14 AM
Here's something you don't come across everyday. I was out for an evening hunt and almost stepped on this little guy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/col06522779xzse/20200527_205743.jpg?raw=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a27w1olofa8598j/20200527_205801.jpg?raw=1

It laid still as I got closer to snap the pics. The tiny thing just sat there breathing gently, hoping I wouldn't eat it.
I saw mom just a few minutes earlier slinking her way along the edge of the clearcut.
Man did I ever want to fill my second bear tag after seeing that!

Drillbit
05-29-2020, 12:21 AM
That's nice to see.

And yes, everyone that can should be bear hunting to help them out

jac
05-29-2020, 06:14 AM
Ya I have seen this before on the farm. The mother will hide them well and take off to feed for a bit.

HarryToolips
05-29-2020, 06:35 AM
Very nice pics...I've almost done the same once....

Ride Red
05-29-2020, 06:53 AM
Cute little buggers.

Leaseman
05-29-2020, 07:08 AM
Great picture!

Thanks for sharing....did you see the mother hanging around?

Arctic Lake
05-29-2020, 07:14 AM
Great photo ! Lots of the general public think as hunters we are these brutal wildlife killers when in fact Ithink most of us love nature and it’s beauty !
Arctic Lake

Redthies
05-31-2020, 07:12 AM
Great photo ! Lots of the general public think as hunters we are these brutal wildlife killers when in fact Ithink most of us love nature and it’s beauty !
Arctic Lake

Nailed it. Most of us (I’d like to think it’s most) are probably more obsessed with clean forests and waters than the environmental morons with pierced faces hanging out on the Art Gallery lawn protesting the latest thing. We just have actual jobs and responsibilities.

mpotzold
05-31-2020, 02:50 PM
Nailed it. Most of us (I’d like to think it’s most) are probably more obsessed with clean forests and waters than the environmental morons with pierced faces hanging out on the Art Gallery lawn protesting the latest thing. We just have actual jobs and responsibilities.

Modern day hippies! :p

A nice photo. Hopefully the mom is OK.
We are addicted to the "HOPE FOR WILDLIFE" from Nova Scotia show.
They have rescued countless of adoring fawns over the years.

Yes, no doubt had a bear seen it first it would have become bear scat in short order -based on many studies, hunter observations etc the bears, both black & grizz kill a good % of the deer family newborns. And there are way too many bears thanks to the commies!:p

4 point
06-01-2020, 11:12 AM
Great pictures. I have seen them very small but not that close.

mastercaster
06-01-2020, 11:13 AM
My buddy and I spotted a newly born fawn near this very isolated FSR last year. In this case, the mother was standing about 30 yards away but allowed us to walk right up to it. I resisted the urge to pet it but my buddy gave it a little pat before we left it.

https://i.imgur.com/rxhB6d3.jpg

mpotzold
06-01-2020, 02:45 PM
Article

"Fawns are born scent-free and have white camouflage spots that protect them from predators. Does continue to keep their babies scent-free by consuming their fawns’ urine and droppings. This is yet another reason why humans should never touch a fawn.":shock: