PDA

View Full Version : Elk hunting near Williston lake?

masoncade1992
05-17-2020, 10:20 AM
Curious if anyone hunts on Williston lake near Hudson’s hope? I have a river boat and feel like trying a different elk hunt this year. Want to focus around the dunlevy area. Not looking for honey holes just some general advise. Pm me if you prefer.

walks with deer
05-19-2020, 09:59 PM
ospika river..we took 6 bulls out of there in 2 seasons.

two made book and no other hunters great fishing and we got a moose each trip.

great camping wish i could go back unfortunitly with economic down turn we sold the boat last week so shes all yours...wish i could go.

2tins
05-19-2020, 11:55 PM
Due to covid there will be no elk hunting this year. Very sorry.

masoncade1992
05-20-2020, 08:11 AM
I have never hunted the ospika , as it’s a bit out of the way from fort St. John. May have to reconsider.

RackStar
05-20-2020, 11:57 AM

great camping wish i could go back unfortunitly with economic down turn we sold the boat last week so shes all yours...wish i could go.

are you telling fairy tales again?

Darksith
05-23-2020, 10:17 AM
are you telling fairy tales again?
he tends to do that haha

walks with deer
05-25-2020, 08:02 AM
ahahahha yup just a good old troll for the op...i have been to a lot of cool parts of bc but never been anywhere near osipika.

Bugle M In
05-25-2020, 12:13 PM
That would be one hell of a jetboat trip.....no?
I don't think you can drive in to the mouth...can you???

canishunter22-250
05-26-2020, 11:28 AM
That would be one hell of a jetboat trip.....no?
I don't think you can drive in to the mouth...can you???

You can drive to the mouth but it is one hell of a long ways around. Cant boat very far up the river so that would be a bit of a wash. Plus there are roads and cutblocks up one or both sides of most of the river so it would probably make it a bit pointless anyways. She's pretty deep snow country through a lot of that area so productivity isn't particularly high unless you're a bear.

Bugle M In
05-26-2020, 12:09 PM
You can drive to the mouth but it is one hell of a long ways around. Cant boat very far up the river so that would be a bit of a wash. Plus there are roads and cutblocks up one or both sides of most of the river so it would probably make it a bit pointless anyways. She's pretty deep snow country through a lot of that area so productivity isn't particularly high unless you're a bear.

Thanks for the info....appreciated.

Wish I was Hunting
07-25-2020, 11:13 PM

that is some funny shit. hahahaha! Just came across this looking for intel on Williston. Thanks for the laugh!

walks with deer
06-05-2022, 11:06 AM
that is some funny shit. hahahaha! Just came across this looking for intel on Williston. Thanks for the laugh!

Ahahahs haaa

blueboy
06-05-2022, 04:37 PM
We shot several good bulls in that area and always a moose or to u will do fine