PDA

View Full Version : A Heads-up

Jagermeister
10-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Watch out for the California Big Horn ram if you are travelling Highway 5 between East Shuswap Road and the Halston Connector, particularly near and south of the Mount Paul intersection. We damm near nailed the goofy bugger last night, he was right in the middle of the inside north bound lane. He's been hanging with the ewes and I think he has a woody.:eek:

3kills
10-13-2007, 09:44 PM
my aunty had a ram run into the side of her van out that way a couple years ago

MattB
10-13-2007, 09:49 PM
I thought they always hung out there???

Jagermeister
10-13-2007, 11:34 PM
The ewes are frequently there, but the the ram just joined the ladies recently. He has got only one thing on his mind and if the ladies cross the road, he is going to also, just he can't see other things too well at this time of the year, you know what I mean?

Will
10-14-2007, 01:09 AM
There was talk about a Fence several years ago when that Semi wiped out a bunch all at once.............

dave_fras
10-14-2007, 08:54 AM
i just came home from sunpeaks on friday.... i counted 38 of the buggers......they were lmost sitting in the gas station parking lot haha

dana
10-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Way more than one ram in that bunch yesterday. I was too busy doing a photoshoot to count but I betcha there were 15+ rams chasing the ewes yesterday, with several more up on the hill sulking. When I resize the pics I'll post them up. A couple of nice rams in the bunch.

Will
10-14-2007, 12:58 PM
There was a Huge Pig hanging around the reservoir last year.....broomed right off but what a Beast......wonder if he'll show up ?
Maybe Cat food ?

ruttinbuck
10-14-2007, 01:28 PM
One really nice shooter in the bunch yesterday.165+ class broomed ram.RB

dana
10-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Ruttin,
I got some good photos of him. He's a beaut. There was another older ram that was broomed really heavy on the one side that just looked like an old warrior. I was surprise on how much chasin and mounting they were doing yesterday. A little early ain't it? It was mainly the young rams chasing the ewes. My guess is a little foreplay to get them ready for that big boy to do his work.

ruttinbuck
10-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Ruttin,
IA little early ain't it? It was mainly the young rams chasing the ewes. My guess is a little foreplay to get them ready for that big boy to do his work.
I think you're right Dana.
Usually see the preaction anywhere they are not hunted.When 3-31 closed early and 3-32 stayed open for a longer season I witnessed the prerut across the Fraser in 3-31 on more than one hunt.RB