PDA

View Full Version : first kill/buck

Forthright
10-12-2007, 07:55 PM
this is the pic of my first kill, and first buck. its a nice small spiker. we were out at first light on opening day.
hiked for a few hours, didn't see to much of anything. found a nice vantage point sat there for about half hour,
saw a few does, and a spiker go round bend. figured we would start moving and saw some more does, hit the last hill, turned and hunted back. about 9 - 9:30, below us my buddy saw a group of deer, we hit the binos hard..."doe doe doe"... "come on wheres the buck"....."spiker!" up flies my gun, "second from the left, bottom"...lined it up, pulled the trigger, and it disappeared. not sure weather it was hit or not, another spiker appears, he pulls up his gun, let 'er rip... miss, by that time they were running. we hike the 120-140 yards down to where they were, i walked right past it looking the other direction, my buddy sees it, let out a good old fashioned Paraguayan holler.a neck shot, broke its neck (could twist its head right around), dropped where it was. and the work began. my first buck, my first kill, my first gutting, drag.... dragged it for about a kilometer down hill, up a gully, to a near by trail and picked it up with the truck.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/DSC0120666.JPG

buddys buck was second day. after a long hard hike (also tired from hiking the first day, morning and afternoon) we saw a group feeding, down in the distance, closed the gap, but were still to far off, met our other hunting partner, and we crept up. we're still 600 yards away, crept closer (open hills, nothing blocking them from us, or us from them, except the last rock bluff) get there, line up, its a far shot. 2 bucks are play fighting, antlers intertwined...broadside...both guys let 'er rip... one gets hit in the leg, the other buck nothing. small 2 pointer was hit in the leg, takes off, bigger buck just turns, another shot...bigger buck looks like it wobbles, and goes to the ground... buddy starts after the 2 point, doesn't run 50 yards, and there it is, shoots it straight through the heart. we go back for the bigger buck..... and our other partner sees it take off, its gone.....we search and search, and searched some more....no signs of blood no nothing....and it took off as though it wasn't even hit, i tell you we looked everywhere. all we can think is that it didn't get hit at all. would have been picture perfect, 2 bucks broadside, antlers intertwined going down............wasn't meant to be.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=6312&size=big&cat=recent&limit=recent

Steeleco
10-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Great job done by you both. Be careful it's addicting!!!

pikey
10-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Way to go Buddy!

Derek_Erickson
10-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Right on, good shootin guys

bulldog
10-12-2007, 11:57 PM
First kill ! very cool, iv just started hunting the past couple years and still haven't got my first kill ! A few of us are heading to region 8 for a week starting tomorrow. I just bought a new gun for the trip a tikka t3 .270 with a bushnell 3200 elite firefly, ( I told my wife it wasn,t me that was bad luck it was the savage 7mm) lol ! so hopefully i will have a story and a few pics of my first kill. CAN'T WAIT DEWY!!!

mrdoog
10-13-2007, 08:40 AM
First of many, I'm sure.
You'll be able to cut that bad boy with a fork. Yummy

Phil
10-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Well done boys! Good eats you got there!

BCJunior
10-13-2007, 10:27 AM
Well done and congratz on your first kill. Not a bad buck either, should taste very well. Cheers.

Forthright
10-14-2007, 05:03 PM
thanks for the reply's. its very good eating. and will be the first of many to come. the only thing i bad part was, i made a couple miss cuts when butchering it, and ended up with more ground meat then i hoped. but if that the worst of it, then i am good to go. great learning experience all around.

bulldog: good choice of gun, its a nice set up. i have a T3 7mm and a elite 4200.

happy hunting!

.308win
10-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Congrates on your first kill!!!.....Good luck with the rest of the season!!

Perry

Will
10-14-2007, 05:18 PM
Congrats ! Now your hooked :razz: