PDA

View Full Version : Climbing Sticks, Tree Stand

Laxputs
04-25-2020, 05:53 PM
What do you guys like for climbing sticks and hangable tree stands available to buy in B.C.?

ghost
05-10-2020, 09:33 AM
Can’t help you about climbing sticks. I haven’t used my tree stand for a long time but when I did I used climbing spurs to go up the tree. It allowed me to leave the stand up the tree and not worry about it being used or stolen. The stand I use a gorilla stand bought it Canadian tire. It’s a little small but works okay.

Buck
05-10-2020, 10:31 AM
Lone wolf climbing sticks are excellent and you can buy in Canada not sure if BC stores carry them . I have lone wolf and gorilla hangons . The gorillas I bought at Canadian tire and they are fine

greybark
05-10-2020, 11:49 AM
Went thru it all , starting from siting on a board strapped to a branch ,Cabela's climbing and pro spurs , 5-6 name brands of climbers and finally settled for the Summit Golith model , then their Titan . Cheers

allan
05-10-2020, 08:02 PM
I have a lone wolf alpha hang on. And sticks. I bought them online years ago. There was a company out there called xop, they were making lone wolf clones for way cheaper.

The Hermit
05-10-2020, 08:19 PM
Went thru it all , starting from siting on a board strapped to a branch ,Cabela's climbing and pro spurs , 5-6 name brands of climbers and finally settled for the Summit Golith model , then their Titan . Cheers

Yeah dude but don't you like have an escalader to whisk you up the tree to that bad boy... next you will have a heated electric recliner with motion sensors and auto orientation! Come to think of it I'd love that set up!! ;-)

I like the Lone Wolf sticks but found them a tad heavy although they are a lot less bulky that any of the ring style sticks. I now buy whatever sticks pop up on sale. As far as treestands though I'm a little more particular... hint ALL aluminum, small seat and platform. Double-hint use at least TWO ratcheting straps and always wear your harness!

BTW - I have extras and can sell you an older big steel rig with a brand new strap harness for $30. for pickup in Victoria.