PDA

View Full Version : Hunting and Covid 19

Arctic Lake
04-18-2020, 09:54 AM
I think there was another thread on this subject but can’t find it so.......
If this social distancing is still in effect come hunting season how the heck is that going to work for those of us that don’t hunt solo or with family that are in the same household ?
I am sure that is a large number of hunters . You know you meet up with a buddy along the way and head off to your moose or deer spot for a week .
I know packing out a moose by yourself can be done but ..........There is also a degree of added safety when you don’t hunt alone ! Then there’s the LEH group hunt when you and a buddy both put in ?
Let me know what your thinking
Thanks
Arctic Lake

Fella
04-18-2020, 09:54 AM
Wear gas masks and biohazard suits

Arctic Lake
04-18-2020, 09:55 AM
I appreciate the humour but .........
Arctic Lake

Wear gas masks and biohazard suits

RyoTHC
04-18-2020, 11:03 AM
I appreciate the humour but .........
Arctic Lake

The obvious answer is that you simply adjust your plans to hunt alone or with someone you live with, maybe if you can’t take a moose solo you can take a deer solo and should focus on those. The truth is I’m sure a lot of people are above listening to the pesky government and will do as they please until forced(like Ontario dishing out 800$ fines). I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if the liberal government allowed police and COs to have more road checks to ID everyone and dish out fines if addresses on IDs don’t match and most complacent Canadians would think its for their own good, I mean look at all the people dying in Canada!

adriaticum
04-18-2020, 12:46 PM
If you catch a virus while hunting out in the bush that means there is not hope for anyone

fuzzybiscuit
04-18-2020, 01:26 PM
The obvious answer is that you simply adjust your plans to hunt alone or with someone you live with, maybe if you can’t take a moose solo you can take a deer solo and should focus on those.
Right on!! Instead of 1 moose just take 6 deer. It works out to about the same weight and they are much easier to deal with...

GEF
04-18-2020, 01:29 PM
Hunt with a radio and practice social distancing .This is not going away any time soon.May as well get used to it.Not rocket science.

BearSupreme
04-18-2020, 02:49 PM
The obvious answer is that you simply adjust your plans to hunt alone or with someone you live with, maybe if you can’t take a moose solo you can take a deer solo and should focus on those. The truth is I’m sure a lot of people are above listening to the pesky government and will do as they please until forced(like Ontario dishing out 800$ fines). I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if the liberal government allowed police and COs to have more road checks to ID everyone and dish out fines if addresses on IDs don’t match and most complacent Canadians would think its for their own good, I mean look at all the people dying in Canada!

Ya its getting out of hand, over 0.05% of people got infected past the half way point and the death total has finally reached a bad flu year! When will the madness end? ��

You realize that the response is going to be thousands of times worse than this virus eh? Everyone is still going to the same grocery stores at the end of the day and the curve is still going down.

BimmerBob
04-18-2020, 02:59 PM

This is the part of social distancing that does not seem logical to me. If your hunting partners and yourself have been practicing "stay at home/isolation" from society for a number of weeks (or a period longer than 14 days) and are currently not showing any symptoms of the Covid19 virus, then why should they not be able to go on a hunt together (in the same vehicle or group of vehicles)? If all of them are considered Covid19 free why should they be forced to distance themselves more than a family living in a house? I can understand wanting to "social distance" from strangers but it seems a little much to social distance from your close friends when you are confident that they are and have been practicing acceptable Covid19 virus precautions.

moosinaround
04-18-2020, 03:15 PM
One extra truck to take, and one less person in the tent, done!! Your welcome !! Moosin

Arctic Lake
04-18-2020, 03:18 PM
I’m just putting this out there ,come LEH time for moose you apply and you usually go with your buddy ,he lives upcountry I don’t ,different household from you ,you are successful and get the draw . Social distancing still in effect and you don’t go . Is the government going to let it slide that you did not use your LEH moose draw ? Are you going to be able to apply next year without the reduced odds ?
Arctic Lake

Arctic Lake
04-18-2020, 03:29 PM
Hmmmmm. Okay so then you basically are doubling up on everything . I’m
not trying to be difficult here Moosinaround and I have been practicing social distancing !
Arctic Lake

One extra truck to take, and one less person in the tent, done!! Your welcome !! Moosin

Fella
04-18-2020, 03:30 PM
I think you should just assess the risk and if you and your buddy can each take personal responsibility for whatever might happen then go for it. If you or your buddy have underlying conditions (diabetes, kidney issues) then think twice.

BimmerBob
04-18-2020, 03:53 PM
I think you should just assess the risk and if you and your buddy can each take personal responsibility for whatever might happen then go for it. If you or your buddy have underlying conditions (diabetes, kidney issues) then think twice.

Underlying conditions don't increase the risk of virus transfer, they increase the risk of serious consequence if you contract the virus so not sure that is in play unless you are planning on getting exposed from your buddy.

nature girl
04-18-2020, 04:31 PM
ArcticLake if your married or have a girlfriend go with her forget the buddy put in moose for solo you get a moose your spouse can help ya out might take a little longer but then you have a nice warm spouse to sleep with and maybe a little sex to so nothing wrong with that.

Weatherby Fan
04-18-2020, 05:30 PM
Don’t worry A.L. I’m sure the NDP will cower to First Nations and use the C19 excuse to shut the whole Province down to Hunting/Fishing so you won’t have to worry about who or how many your going with, in the mean time get those LEH in and carry on !

Arctic Lake
04-18-2020, 06:51 PM
There you are WF ! Yea I hear you about the FN’s ! I have been wondering how you are ? Hope your staying safe ! Wanted to join Mission Rod & Gun but they are not taking any new members ,not sure if this is due to Covid or they are at their max . Anyway can’t go there right now due to the outbreak .
Arctic Lake

The Donald
04-19-2020, 06:05 AM
I’m just putting this out there ,come LEH time for moose you apply and you usually go with your buddy ,he lives upcountry I don’t ,different household from you ,you are successful and get the draw . Social distancing still in effect and you don’t go . Is the government going to let it slide that you did not use your LEH moose draw ? Are you going to be able to apply next year without the reduced odds ?
Arctic Lake
If i remember correctly, when they shut down parts of region 5 a few years ago after the leh was drawn, those people got screwed. Someone on here might chime in who had those leh draws!!

RDM
04-19-2020, 07:24 AM
You got screwed. My son and I had the draw.

browningboy
04-19-2020, 07:33 AM
ArcticLake if your married or have a girlfriend go with her forget the buddy put in moose for solo you get a moose your spouse can help ya out might take a little longer but then you have a nice warm spouse to sleep with and maybe a little sex to so nothing wrong with that.

My wife wouldn’t go, makes sense but would have to have a temporary wife for the trip! :shock::lol::lol:

Citori54
04-19-2020, 08:21 AM
If i remember correctly, when they shut down parts of region 5 a few years ago after the leh was drawn, those people got screwed. Someone on here might chime in who had those leh draws!!

We were successful in that draw in 2017 and it was cancelled after the draw. I contacted the MOE and strongly requested that our money be refunded and our odds restored. It took some time but we got a refund and they advised our odds were restored. We were successful in 2018. However, in 2019 they took everyone's money in the draw, but at the time of application the number of authorizations were not finalized. When results were published it turns out the numbers went from 35 per draw date in 2018 to 1 tag available in each of the two units for which we replied. This was done to appease locals but they could still say the area was not shut down. BS to take everyone's money then basically shut it down.

Arctic Lake
04-22-2020, 04:02 PM
Well this would be an option as she does like the outdoors ,she is not afraid of sleeping in a tent as she has done it when we have camped and hiked . But I do enjoy hunting with my buddy ! I’m not a self centred fella and practice all the precautions that are in place now but can’t see how this can work going with someone from a separate household as so many do during the hunting season !
Arctic Lake

The Donald
04-22-2020, 04:15 PM
We were successful in that draw in 2017 and it was cancelled after the draw. I contacted the MOE and strongly requested that our money be refunded and our odds restored. It took some time but we got a refund and they advised our odds were restored. We were successful in 2018. However, in 2019 they took everyone's money in the draw, but at the time of application the number of authorizations were not finalized. When results were published it turns out the numbers went from 35 per draw date in 2018 to 1 tag available in each of the two units for which we replied. This was done to appease locals but they could still say the area was not shut down. BS to take everyone's money then basically shut it down.

Thanks for that, do you think they did it for all the successful applicants or just the ones who requested such action?? Did you get your bull in 2018 :)