PDA

View Full Version : Shooting

mulieaddiction
04-18-2020, 07:01 AM
Hey does anyone know a place anywhere from maple ridge to Chilliwack where i can shoot 100 yards that is flat

likemaple
04-21-2020, 08:49 PM
If you are talking about a range, then Abbortsford (150m IIRC) and Mission (300m) are your best choices. Or, poco in Coquiltlam has 200m range. If you are talking about Crown land, gravel pits in FSR (that is AT LEAST 400M away from the road) will serve you right . 100m isn't long when in the wild. And I'm not sure what do you mean by "flat", if you are looking for paved road, then no, their is no place you can shoot, maybe you can build one if you have the land. And gravel pits are normally pretty "flat". The longest paved place you can shoot a rifle would be the range Langley, but they only have something like 25 meters

MontyLake
04-21-2020, 09:58 PM
If you are talking about a range, then Abbortsford (150m IICR) and Mission (300m) are your best choices. Or, poco in Coquiltlam has 200m range. If you are talking about Crown land, any gravel pits in FSR will serve you right. 100m isn't long when in the wild. And I'm not sure what do you mean by "flat", if you are looking for paved road, then no, their is no place you can shoot, maybe you can build one if you have the land. And gravel pits are normally pretty "flat". The longest paved place you can shoot a rifle would be the range Langley, but they only have something like 25 meters

Nine posts and you're advising "any gravel pits in FSR"?????

Are you even aware of the 400 metre no shooting rule in effectively every forest road between Vancouver and Hope?

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2017FLNR0073-001092

likemaple
04-21-2020, 11:04 PM
Nine posts and you're advising "any gravel pits in FSR"?????

Are you even aware of the 400 metre no shooting rule in effectively every forest road between Vancouver and Hope?

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2017FLNR0073-001092

I am not sure why you would like to judge others by the number of posts. But, I'm sorry, and yes, I am well aware of the firearm discharge prohibition they imposed a few years ago. I will revise the post accordingly. But I do think you took the word too specifically, no offense intended.

TeamGrizzly
04-22-2020, 12:28 AM
I am not sure why you would like to judge others by the number of posts. But, I'm sorry, and yes, I am well aware of the firearm discharge prohibition they imposed a few years ago. I will revise the post accordingly. But I do think you took the word too specifically, no offense intended.

Also you might want to take into consideration that 1A.) ranges are for member use only, 1B.) some ranges have a waiting list for applications, and 2.) ranges are shut down due to covid-19 concerns.

Mission is closed completely. If they weren't I know Mission is still accepting memberships, but you would have to wait a month or so until you do an orientation so you can shoot there. Otherwise you can go with a Mission member and pay a $20 dayfee.

Mike

MontyLake
04-22-2020, 03:59 PM

Fair enough. I'm sorry if I offended you. Thanks for clarifying with the revision.