PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Wigglers,Wally Divers and Heddon Magnum Clattertads

ekul246
04-10-2020, 02:08 PM
Bought a box of these last week off of craigslist.
Found some info on the Wally Divers. Figured I could try some of these for bass.
There were also some big spoons that I figured I would use for bull trout on Alouette Lake whenever they re-open it.

Can't find much info on the Heddon Magnum Clattertad except that there are a lot for sale online and they appear to be a vintage type of lure.

The Canadian Wiggler website appears very low grade and info is sort of scarce on it. They are an old style lure from what the website says.

Just looking to find some more information on all three of these lures, including how to fish them, would be very helpful.

Thanks and Happy Easter!

Ekul246

Firstblood
04-10-2020, 05:30 PM
Those are some east coast lures haha They are all good trolled or cast and retrieved for trout and bass. The wally diver, the faster you wind the deeper it does, the wiggler is a sinking countdown lure then wind in.

S.W.A.T.
04-10-2020, 05:45 PM
Might be good for lakes on the island, green lake has small mouths

weatherby_man
04-12-2020, 03:41 PM
Ha, the wally diver has been my secret go-to on a lot of lakes. Depends what colours you got, but if you have the large size in blue or gold have at er for lakers and anything larger that you troll for. I had one where all the paint fell off, was a whitish colour underneath the fancy paint job. That thing Killed until I lost it... They have great action...

Ride Red
04-12-2020, 04:05 PM
Bought a box of these last week off of craigslist.
Found some info on the Wally Divers. Figured I could try some of these for bass.
There were also some big spoons that I figured I would use for bull trout on Alouette Lake whenever they re-open it.

Can't find much info on the Heddon Magnum Clattertad except that there are a lot for sale online and they appear to be a vintage type of lure.

The Canadian Wiggler website appears very low grade and info is sort of scarce on it. They are an old style lure from what the website says.

Just looking to find some more information on all three of these lures, including how to fish them, would be very helpful.

Thanks and Happy Easter!

Ekul246

Is the Wiggler all chrome? If so, it’s a great Walleye lure. I have one that was made in the ‘50s and used catch lots of fish when we went up northern Manitoba.