PDA

View Full Version : Ferry cancellations

Downwindtracker2
04-03-2020, 12:44 PM
Horseshoe Bay run for 60 days. The old Black Ball run. Duke Point, trucks only. Since I'm on the mainland I'll put it here.

Squamch
04-03-2020, 01:07 PM
Edited for accuracy.

4 point
04-03-2020, 01:17 PM
We are all suppose to stay home and self isolate. Lower the curve or else. Only go out to get groceries once a week or prescriptions when needed except in an emergency. No need to run ferries when nobody moving. We're in a war here folks and we don't want to loose!

Edzzed
04-03-2020, 04:33 PM
We are all suppose to stay home and self isolate. Lower the curve or else. Only go out to get groceries once a week or prescriptions when needed except in an emergency. No need to run ferries when nobody moving. We're in a war here folks and we don't want to loose!Agreed and ONLY SEND ONE PERSON SHOPPING. You don't need the whole dam family going. I am at risk enough in the grocery industry that I don't need a virus because you decided to bring everyone.

SSG-man
04-03-2020, 04:36 PM
Ya, Mid Island didn't get the memo unfortunately.

Shopping here is a hobby, family event.

Squamch
04-04-2020, 07:36 PM
Yep, buddy who works out of Duke point just got laid off.

So here's a neat thing.

The guy who got laid off, found out from the media. He actually hasn't been laid off. The union agreement says they have to give 30 days notice of a layoff...and no notice has been given.
No one has been given any layoff notices.

REMINGTON JIM
04-04-2020, 08:36 PM
We are all suppose to stay home and self isolate. Lower the curve or else. Only go out to get groceries once a week or prescriptions when needed except in an emergency. No need to run ferries when nobody moving. We're in a war here folks and we don't want to loose!

YUP ! Agree ! RJ

REMINGTON JIM
04-04-2020, 08:38 PM
Agreed and ONLY SEND ONE PERSON SHOPPING. You don't need the whole dam family going. I am at risk enough in the grocery industry that I don't need a virus because you decided to bring everyone.

YUP ! Exactly - we are in a crisis ! RJ

HappyJack
04-06-2020, 07:12 PM
Agreed and ONLY SEND ONE PERSON SHOPPING. You don't need the whole dam family going. I am at risk enough in the grocery industry that I don't need a virus because you decided to bring everyone.

No way I'll send the wife shopping by herself anymore, too many nuts where we live. Goofy people fighting over toilet paper, licking doors...it's getting close to the point it won't be safe going unarmed.