PDA

View Full Version : BC Newbie Looking For Advice

Hoffer
03-28-2020, 01:26 PM
Hey everybody!

I'm new to the forum and new to BC as of about nine months ago, I'm reaching out today in an attempt to pick some of your brains about a key element in preparing for endeavours in the back country....where to plant my feet and get things rolling? The jump off points/trail heads/ect....In no way am I here asking for everyone's hunting spots, just looking for a push in the right direction in terms of where/how to access the less beaten paths in Regions 3&4. It's always a little tough breaking into a local hunting community especially when flying solo, looking forwards to any insight anyone might be able to provide me on here! Any recommendations for apps or websites for planning is also greatly appreciated. Hope everybody is staying safe and sane out there.

Fella
03-28-2020, 01:36 PM
Welcome! You’ll find ok hunting in both regions, get away from populated areas is the best advice I can give you as both regions get hammered hard. Get off the roads as much as possible.

338win mag
03-28-2020, 01:37 PM
You can pick up a copy of BC backroad mapbooks for regional info.
Where do you reside?

Hoffer
03-28-2020, 01:40 PM
You can pick up a copy of BC backroad mapbooks for regional info.
Where do you reside?

I live in Maple Ridge! Have no problem putting in the extra hours on the road to get to spots

oddsix
03-28-2020, 01:43 PM
Welcome. As far as trails go, make your own. Google earth is your friend. What species will you be targeting?

Hoffer
03-28-2020, 01:50 PM
Welcome. As far as trails go, make your own. Google earth is your friend. What species will you be targeting?

Would really enjoy pursuing mule deer as well as do some predator hunting, thats sort of my first order of business on the bucket list out here....but the future plans would include all the big game BC has to offer which is a large part of why I've moved here from Ontario. Right now just looking to plant my boots and get moving out there!

DannyO
03-28-2020, 01:58 PM
Welcome, You’re not new to hunting just new to BC?

markt308
03-28-2020, 02:04 PM
Welcome, mate. As suggested, get on google earth and choose a spot. There are tons of options for decent Muley hunting in southern BC within a 3-5 hours of the lower mainland.

pg83
03-28-2020, 03:50 PM
For Apps, check out Hunt Buddy or iHunter BC.

local.604
03-28-2020, 03:57 PM
Buy the back roads map book gps chip. They have a good source of trails which will help get you deeper away from the pressured areas.

barongan
03-30-2020, 10:46 AM
Welcome, mate. As suggested, get on google earth and choose a spot. There are tons of options for decent Muley hunting in southern BC within a 3-5 hours of the lower mainland.
agree with youhttps://babang.xyz/assets/10/o.png

canucks6
03-31-2020, 09:15 PM
I would suggest keep west and north to avoid cwd. Don’t waste to much time in areas where u won’t be able to eat the meat from in a few years.